• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit = new young link?

RikyuXz

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, i've been reading alot of stuff on these forums for awhile now, but never actually posted. And so i always wondered if pit would be like young link. I am, in fact, a young link main and im sad to see him leave (and i've also seen many people kinda want him to..>_>) however, from what I've read (and observed from vids), Pit's smashes seem to be the same as young links. Pit is also quick and has good projectile game so i was wondering if pit would be like the new young link...

Voraine

Smash Rookie
Doesn't really seem like he'd be replacing him. Pit has a bow and all but it works a bit different than Young Link's and instead of just a short sword he has two, plus he can fly, similar to Kirby I expect. I'm sure there will be similarities but I doubt you could consider him the new Young Link or even substitute the two.

Raikage

Smash Apprentice
Pit most definitely won't be the new Young Link. They just have too many differences to be considered that. Pit is an all new character, he is no more the new young link than Bowser was the new DK for melee.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
gh?!? What does Pit have in common with young Link? But no you cn't judge a book like it's cover, or something like that '_'. Pit is his own character and will ply entirely different from Young Link.

Shinku

Smash Champion
honestly, when i saw pit, i did think hell be the new young link at first. a little kid hero with a sword, yeah just like young link. but of course, hes a completely different character. for one, he can fly/soar, cuz he has wings which is super cool. so i dont think hell replace y.link but i do think wind waker link will replace y.link, it just seems logical

RikyuXz

Smash Cadet
gh?!? What does Pit have in common with young Link? But no you cn't judge a book like it's cover, or something like that '_'. Pit is his own character and will ply entirely different from Young Link.
I know that pit is his own char, but im pretty sure there will be many similarities between the two. (of course pit is going to be wayy cooler imho...>_>) So far, some things they have in common (from what i've noticed) is the same smashes, same speed, both good projectile game, and of course, as skinku stated, they're both lil kids with swords.. but yeah im just judging from appearance and i agree you cant judge a book by its cover.. but im pretty sure they will at least be alike.

Black/Light

Smash Master
From what I have read people seem to say that Pitt plays alot like a faster/ lighter Link with less power (Like Y Link). Most of his moves arnt flashy and there seems to be a simularity between them.

Voraine

Smash Rookie
I don't think he looks as young as Young Link. Maybe more around the same age as Twilight Link.

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
They look to be about the same weight. Pit has a slightly bigger hit box they have the same Close combat range. they both use bows.... they both dont wear pants.

Sounds almost like the same person to me. I think...

YL is out

WWL is in.

Pit is neither of them. and also in.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Well, on Melee with Young Link, if you stand there for quite awhile, he will tap both of his shoes on the ground.

Same thing applies to Pit, he does the exact same thing.

This is the only thing I've seen them have in common though. Everything else about them, they could have something in common. I just wasn't paying attention.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Pit reminded me of Young Link for some reason when I tested him out. I had no prior reasoning to think this, either.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Well, on Melee with Young Link, if you stand there for quite awhile, he will tap both of his shoes on the ground.

Same thing applies to Pit, he does the exact same thing.

This is the only thing I've seen them have in common though. Everything else about them, they could have something in common. I just wasn't paying attention.
Also, Pit's up Smash is supposed to be just like Young Link's, as far as knockback (and animation I guess). Though I didn't play the demo, nor do I remember seeing videos where Pit used his up Smash. I would just read Gimpyfish's evaluation of the character (though it doesn't compare Pit with any other character except Meta-Knight).

Zeela12

Smash Ace
I think it's just some of the smash attacks that look like YL's, but personally, I think Pit has a lot of recovery and defense moves to be YL, (4 jumps? awesome up B, down B side B both reflections)

CORRUPTiON

Smash Apprentice
I can see why you would say this. According to Gimpy's thread, Pit's arrows are potentially a spamable projectile. Also, they're both good at racking up damage but both lack a good killing move.

Voraine

Smash Rookie
They may have similarities, but all I'm saying is that you shouldn't consider Pit to be the replacement for Young Link.

HeroXL

Smash Journeyman
I can see why you would say this. According to Gimpy's thread, Pit's arrows are potentially a spamable projectile. Also, they're both good at racking up damage but both lack a good killing move.
His Fair and F-smash. His Bair can be used as a kill move, but is has a timed sweet spot like Falcon's Knee. .
He does have killing moves.

RikyuXz

Smash Cadet
He does have killing moves.
we know he has kill moves.. but these kill moves kill at below average percents (according to gimpy) ...this is also the same with yl

Edit: besides the dude said, "He is lacking a GOOD killing move" not a killing move..

Pieman0920

Smash Master
From the way Pit is being described at E for All, it actually does seem that he is a bit YL like, or at least how I see it. Of course there are obvious differences between the two, but I do think that there is something simmilar about the two. (Which may not be good, as I dislike Y. Link. I can never seem to get a good KO with him because few of his attacks seem to let him do that)

RikyuXz

Smash Cadet
hehe, well said.

after watching a few more vids on him, i've concluded he's one of the most unique char's i've ever seen. HOWEVER.. there are still small similarities between yl and pit, but overall pit is alot more different than i thought he was.

geemann2236

Smash Journeyman
I went to E-For-All, and Pit is way different than Young Link. Plus Pit only has 1 projectile anyway, while YL has 2 good ones and 1 bad one. Pit's bow is far different than YL, and it is much better because of less lag. Plus Pit has better comboability than YL in my opinion.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I thought this very thing when I started watching Pit more in depth. Obviously, Pit is missing key components like the bombs and boomerangs, but he has the bow at least. Impressions say that Pit lacks good kill moves (like Young Link), but methinks the wings will offset. Pit may be more like Jigglypuff in that he can just go edge-guard and recover no problem even if the opponent is far off the stage.

ValiantVernon

Smash Journeyman
yea pit is much different but the general idea of him being fast and weaker the most is true. Although i think pit is more like Meta Knight in the respect he kills with alot and i mean ALOT of small percentage hits.

VaneWalker

Smash Apprentice
yea pit is much different but the general idea of him being fast and weaker the most is true. Although i think pit is more like Meta Knight in the respect he kills with alot and i mean ALOT of small percentage hits.
I agree with you. Its a matter of whos cooler to me and i believe pit is.

sheikattack

Smash Cadet
Ummmm... what? How can you compare Pit, widely considered to be one of the most mained characters to be like Young Link?

T-major

Smash Champion
............................... I don't get it................

close this pointless thread. they're not similar in ANYWAY. anybody with the I.Q. of a dead pigeon could see that...

adaptor17

Smash Journeyman
im 2 lazy right now 2 point them out,(just got home from basketball game @ 12:30)but im sure that all of the pit followers would be happy to point out the abundance of similiarities between the two.

Misaj

Smash Rookie
arrows...blades...but as soon as flying enters the equation, it's a whole different matter.

Demontree

Smash Journeyman
Pit is totaly unlike Young Link!! He can fly and has all around better weapons.

tkdude

Smash Rookie
i think pit is a bit like young link but no way could he ever replace him. they have some of the same weapons pit is a completly different character.

jay~B

Smash Journeyman
young link was the clone of link, pit does sort of remind me of young link but he is completely different he has a different set of moves and is from a different series

But i can see the similarity, some how i can

Oyvoyv

Smash Rookie
You're the first YL mainer I've seen here, YL seems to be a bit hated on these forums, so I guess people won't be happy with you comparing them to YL. I agree with you though, they do seem a bit the same.

Top Bottom