• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit possible Combo

Phazon_Dude

Smash Apprentice
Ok, here is a nice combo which I did on multiple occasions to kill many players, but there is a problem. First ill tell you how you do it.. Basically, you jump into the air hit the opponent with a fair, and then short hop before even touching the ground and use another fair. A good way to start the combo off is by using bthrow, fthrow, or dair. This should some what keep a combo
until the opponent is in the air, but because of Pit's multiple jumps (you should have at least 2 left) you can continue the combo. In the air you can either keep the fair spammage until you knock the opponent off stage or if your more skillful you can turn mid air and bair the opponent off stage even sooner.Also, you do not need to continue the combo until you knock the opponent off stage. Once, I wasplaying a Captain Falcon and I hit him so far away from the edge he couldn't get back on. When your done your attacking then you should get a good distance away from possible harm and use your WoI to fly safely back.

Although, like I said before, there IS a big problem. I did the combo randomly during fights and some times they worked, but when I tried to do them in training mode I had more difficulty. So that means I do not know the percents, I do not know how easily this can be evaded and I don't know if this can be done unless you use it on somebody by surprise and they DI into it by accident. Now, heres a picture of what it sort of looks like.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
This works only if the opponent does nothing to get out of the way. Usually they can do a bunch of things to get away, air dodge, jump, DI, or counter attack. Its really not that reliable of a combo unless they are below the stage and are too busy trying to return and it would be too dangerous to air dodge and they may not have any jumps left.

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
These are Pit's only combos, besides loop arrows. If you have trouble understanding them, go to the thread in my signature.

Pit :pit:
Inescapable
weak B-air > F-smash (high %)

Escapable with DI
Glide > U-smash
D-throw > U-air
Air: D-air > N-air

Phazon_Dude

Smash Apprentice
Hmmm, sorry I didn't know the ranking of combos was so general.. I guess applying all those technicalities fair spamming is not a combo, but I did in fact use it as a consecutive array of attacks that were linked. I even have replay of me using this fair comb... fair consecutive hits. In the end my opponent could even get near the edge, and I could have easily edge guarded him as well. I do not know how to post vids nor do I own a camera so I don't think I can be showing you the video anytime soon. This is why I drew a little picture. (btw i don't main samus, she is my favorite character but I am a lot better with Pit).

---do you guys think it would be better if I just posted a link to the picture instead of the picture itself?

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
I don't deny that linking two F-airs is easy. It happens all the time, especially in edge guarding. I'm warning that you'll get people's hopes up when you say "combo," because their aren't many in Brawl.

The picture is fine.

Phazon_Dude

Smash Apprentice
Yes, thanks for the complements... despite them possibly being sarcastic. I think I'm going to try finding percentages and start ups and maybe, MAYBE make this into a combo. But don't get your hopes up this will most likely end as just an attack pattern.

Top Bottom