• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit: Ranged Combat

Pretty In Pink

Smash Cadet
Pit was one of the few characters I got to test out... and I have to say that he's a pretty good character! Peach is my main, but I see Pit being my 2nd or 3rd character. Here are my impressions:

- Despite having one ranged attack, he could keep many opponents at a distance. Palutena Arrow is pretty easy to control and has a small stun (I think... I wasn't sure with all the chaos). On big stages like Hyrule, he could dominate.

-He has very few KO moves... I think his F-Air and B-Air were the only ones (and maybe F Smash).

-His D-Air is a meteor, but its really hard to pull off.

-Angel Ring is almost broken, and so is his Up B. It could deal 20-30 damage if you could trap an opponent.

-I didn't really know how to use Mirror Shield...

hazard99

Smash Cadet
His up B does damage? This is new to me.

How is his Up B animation when used on the floor? Is it a quick jump off the floor (I guess comparable to Fox's Up B)? How fast is the attack? What causes damage exactly, the blue bubble or his wings?

I cant watch videos on this computer... (its my temporary one until my computer is shipped back from repairs) so I haven't been able to see him in action except for old videos.

Devrethman

Smash Rookie
His up-B is relatively slow to take off, but it gives you RIDICULOUS height. He can be standing on the stage and his up-B will take you into a little bubble on top of the screen. It also can be DI'd to give massive horizontal distance, making it pretty much the best recovery in the game (that I've tried so far).

Angel ring (I'm assuming that's his forward-B) is descent. It seems like it can be gotten out of relatively easy (I main pit, and some people I play with consistently get out of it really fast and some get stuck in it for quite a while, so I'm assuming it's a skill)

chef-hado

Smash Cadet
the angel ring can trap if there's a wall behind them and it can deal HUGE amounts of damage if done properly
agreed that his recovery is hax XD
his d-air launches people higher than the u-air will, so it's pretty useful, albeit hard to hit sometimes
fair and bair are realy good as wel XD hohoho i'm just agreeing w/ everything the peopel above me have said
either way, i may not main pit, but pit is awful fun to play at times

Top Bottom