• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit Victory

Zeela12

Smash Ace
Here's to the best I could, a recording of Pit's victory... words?

I got this from a video from youtube, I tried toneing down all the background noises so there's some weird digital sound in the back, that's just left over background noise.

What does he actually say? I can hear " . .. . . .. . Victory is Ours!"

anyone got a suggestion?

PitVictorySound

Magic

Smash Apprentice
I think I can make out a "Palutena" which would make sense.

"Goddess Palutena, victory is ours!" would seem the most likely.

-Knux-

Smash Ace
God that is horrid. My ears are now dead. >< I'm better off watching the actual youtube video.

Cinder

Smash Master
I think I can make out a "Palutena" which would make sense.

"Goddess Palutena, victory is ours!" would seem the most likely.
I can't tell, but that sounds like a reasonable assumption...

The one thing I have to say is that the VA for Pit sounds like a stuffy-nosed five year old...it sounds more like "victowy is ouws"...not trying to cause trouble...Pit is still an awesome character, and it probably sounds like that because of the distortion from BG noise...just saying that they could have done better on the Voice actor...*puts up flameshield*

-Knux-

Smash Ace
I hear "Great Palutena, victory is ours!" or "Goddess Palutena, victory is ours!".

Hong

The Strongest
Hehe. He may sound goofy, but it was the same deal long ago when Pit squeeled every time he got hurt. Though 8-bit sound processors weren't the best back then. The Japanese version was capable of putting out a grunt and all we got was a squeel. :p

Things don't change much.

I agree with Cinder405, though. I don't like Pit or Meta Knight's English voice actors. I'd rather have them not talk at all. Grunts and cries are enough to suffice.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
well I like Meta Knight's voice but I cant judge Pit's yet...too much noise in the background....although I could hear the victory is ours part a little...

Byron X

Smash Journeyman
This is the 21st Century, I'm glad the characters are talking now. It adds more greatness to this game!

KAFOR

Smash Apprentice
Yes, Pit should speak. It would bring more personality to his character, considering he has a very bleak history. Him speaking would make him a more fun and enjoyable character to play as as well as a more unique one.

Topaz989

Smash Cadet
I'm curious as to why Pit does the "grunt" "headnod" Link-speak in his video but he says an entire sentence when he wins.

Did Nintendo at one point change their minds on Pit being a silent protagonist?

Neo-X

Smash Journeyman
they say his voice actor is Lani Minella (the original Rouge the Bat voice actor before she was replaced with the 4Kids one).
Woah, woah, you're telling me frickin' Rouge the Bat voices Pit? :laugh:

I have a hard time remembering her voice...I need a Dreamcast, and a working Sonic Adventure 2 disc....

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
they say his voice actor is Lani Minella (the original Rouge the Bat voice actor before she was replaced with the 4Kids one).
YOU'VE GOT TO BE JOKING ME HERE!? I don't approve of my boy Pit having a girl for a voice actor! I like Rouge's voice actor, but c'mon, Pit?! Of all people!

EPIC FAILURE!

Zeela12

Smash Ace
YOU'VE GOT TO BE JOKING ME HERE!? I don't approve of my boy Pit having a girl for a voice actor! I like Rouge's voice actor, but c'mon, Pit?! Of all people!

EPIC FAILURE!
haha... I kind'a have to agree, although I don't really know rogue the bat so well...

I guess marth was just not anti-manly enough for SSBM, for the new one they needed a more anti-man char? lol

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion

EPIC FAILURE!
Yeah, that's just stupid. :dizzy:

Unless they couldn't find a guy that could match the Japanese VA's voice acting.

Jenkins: Spy Monkey

Smash Journeyman

EPIC FAILURE!
Pit's japanese voice actor is also a girl. Here, google her name: Minami Takayama

Women voice boy animated characters all the time. It's mostly because if you had a 14 year old boy voice a cartoon 14 year old boy, well, eventually a little something called puberty would kick in and he wouldn't exactly sound like a boy anymore. A mature woman ,however, can make herself sound like a boy and you'll never need to worry about her voice going through drastic baritone changes (unless she eats testosterone pills like tic-tacs or something)

Pit's a young boy. Practically Jail Bait. Q.E.D. He's gonna get voiced by a woman. That's just how it goes.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Pit's japanese voice actor is also a girl. Here, google her name: Minami Takayama

Women voice boy animated characters all the time. It's mostly because if you had a 14 year old boy voice a cartoon 14 year old boy, well, eventually a little something called puberty would kick in and he wouldn't exactly sound like a boy anymore. A mature woman ,however, can make herself sound like a boy and you'll never need to worry about her voice going through drastic baritone changes (unless she eats testosterone pills like tic-tacs or something)

Pit's a young boy. Practically Jail Bait. Q.E.D. He's gonna get voiced by a woman. That's just how it goes.
I did better then that and used Wikipedia!

Apparently, she ALSO does the Japanese voice fo Knuckle Joe!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minami_Takayama

Demontree

Smash Journeyman
I hear "Yes Palutena! Victory is ours!" I think the voice kind of fits him though. You know, like he is originaly from some Greek myth so he sort of sounds different.

Top Bottom