• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit Video Archive (Updated 3/12/2013) Added more Vids

BlinkIV

Avenger

McNinja

Smash Ace
I like it. I don't want to be critiqued first thought....because...idk. I feel like I'm obnoxious in this pit section already lol.
Well I actually asked for a critique earlier on in this thread so technically I already went first lol. Mizuki and I chatted on Facebook about it though rather than posting it here though.

Oh and btw I'm a Pit main. I guess I use blue Pit a lot so that will be "my color" so to speak.

BlinkIV

Avenger
Oh alright, well I can offer some as well, also a good way to chat with each other would be to have a skype group together, or an external way to discuss stuff aside from Smashboards, you know?

Hashtag

Smash Apprentice
Okay, so do u guys want to go over each others collectively?

Also, a skype group sounds good but an archive of critiques on smashboards is what I would prefer. Not saying u were not suggesting against it or anything.

Also i would like to state that I am declaring myself a pit main now. I haven't been playing him as long as u guys but I'm really liking him and his overall potential.

Oracle

Smash Master
Holy crap you guys just had like 20 posts deciding how youre gonna critique each other. Pit boards for beta male central.

Hashtag

Smash Apprentice
Sorry for the double post.

Sai, your pit vs diddu match up was akward for me. Mainly because i don't have any experience to draw from, but I figure this will happen a lot. Because of this I can not point out specific situations but rather more general things I noticed.

Your first match on FD, to me seemed as though you were getting a feel for the match up (I do not know if you have played it before). I feel as though you let Diddiy control the stage to much. I know the inherent abilities allows him the ability to do so better than pit. However, I feel as though you didn't try to challenge it enough. This to me just feels as though you let him get away with more free movement than he was giving you. We all as a collective group have to wotk on AGTing, which could have had its place in this match. I also feel as though you weren't really baiting in thenfirst match. You did pull out the win though, that in itself is a good thing for a feeler match.

Your second match, even though you lost, was a noticable increase in your speed and approach to the matchup. It is hard to say if it was more or less effective because it was during that match that the diddy player seemed to adjust well to pit as a whole on FD. Approaching is so much more linear on FD so your options, while still good are still limited. It's hard to articulate without typing the review without looking at the video and typing the review at tje same time.

The third match on DC you had complete control. Your use of platforms was good, stage control was great. Saw a increase in the applicarion of UAir and edgeguarding was better. Not really a whole lot to comment on.

Wish i could do a beter critique but my computer is in the shop right now so im doing this from my tablet. Also, does anyone else dislike FD as much as I do with pit? I don't think FD is a good stage for pit comsidering the other choices that are available.

Edit: 1 winged angels comment was supposed to be funny... i think...

BlinkIV

Avenger
Well, yeah. I normally play Disqo pretty often aside from tournament, and in that first match. I was getting a feel for how he played in tournament, and trying to adjust to that, and mainly waiting and trying to find openings which I could get in and attack, despite sacrificing the stage control. After I found out what options I could take in certain situations, I could use that and adapt in the following 2 games.

For game 2 though, you're right on that, we both semi-adapted to each other and continued to play the game out, and you also have a point for Pit's AGTing, I feel Pit has an easier time with AGTing and he's got more options to AGT from, especially from Gliding, which can make for some good mix-ups or retreating options. FD can be a weird stage sometimes, but I just kinda deal with it, I don't really have a problem with it, but I could see other stages being in Pit's favor aside from that.

Yeah, game 3. Dracula's Castle is a great stage for Pit imo, he can kill early off the top due to the low ceiling, he can recover exceptionally well on the stage compared to other characters, and I feel it's easier for Pit to gain stage control as opposed to some other characters in the cast. But against Disqo there, I guess you could say a mixture of adaption and momentum happened there, despite all the SD's.

OmegaMuffin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OmegaMuffin498

sagemoon

Smash Lord

BlinkIV

Avenger
Nice, that was fun to watch. I'm gonna have a few more vids up this weekend (Bowser's Revenge 8).

Also gonna be recording (Should be recording) tons of friendlies with Oracle and Sethlon.

BlinkIV

Avenger
I haven't had the chance to watch a lot of your videos yet, Mizuki. But from watching the video against Oksas, you seem to be doing things well so far.

I'm excited to watch your Pit, though. You know when to camp, and know when to go in. So it's really nice being able to see another Pit player do the same playstyle I do, with a little bit of changes.

One thing to do which is always nice is, if you kill an opponent and they rush to hit you while they're invincible, don't always glide towards the ledge, it can get obvious. One thing you can do (Which I personally do) is jump x2 > Glide > Glide Cancel > B-air (While you're falling). So it gives you a few options:

1. Hitting them and hopefully converting that into a powerful combo that could either take a stock from them, or reset the situation and give you stage control.

2. Not hitting them, and being able to continue running until they run out of invincibility which will grant you stage control, and restore a neutral game.

Vixen

~::Fragile::~
Premium
I ***** pretty hard at Apex, idk if you saw those vids. Also my pit was pretty big/popular during 2.0/2.1. ;o

yeah idk what to do when waiting out invincibility. been playing since 05 and i still suck t it.

BlinkIV

Avenger
Really? I do recall watching some videos of you back then (When I mained Link/Marth, with Pit on the side). Yeah, just take my advice on that, and practice it for a time, it's pretty easy when you get the hang of it.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
HE DIDNT PULL A SINGLE BANANA, well he SD'd at the end so I guess he was just messin with Diddy then

QraQ

Smash Ace
HE DIDNT PULL A SINGLE BANANA, well he SD'd at the end so I guess he was just messin with Diddy then
Well JT (ZiGGz) does pull bananas often but we've been through enough games to know not to give me an extra projectile with Pit haha

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Well JT (ZiGGz) does pull bananas often but we've been through enough games to know not to give me an extra projectile with Pit haha
So you're telling me Diddy is actually one of his mains/secondaries?

QraQ

Smash Ace
So you're telling me Diddy is actually one of his mains/secondaries?
Yeaaaah, but he usually plays higher level. To be honest, I caught him in a bad game. I really just posted the vid to show my Pit metagame.
From what I see in other vids I dont think many Pits use the approach tactics and variation of moves I use. Just an observation.

Vixen

~::Fragile::~
Premium
Qraq when I get a chance I'm gonna post a big write up. I like what I see but there's a boatload of room for improvement. Mostly in the smaller aspects. Spacing, mostly.

Sent from my Event using Tapatalk 2

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I'm not dead, just pointing that out. I have recently been offline/away/out of PM/Melee...etc for a bit but I'm back now and I'll update this thread and try to get this section on track. Shout outs to Pit players. We are awesome...everyone else sucks.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
2.5 Pit
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8ivImWJO4Q

Things I do (not that I'm the only one who does them, but tactics are the point of videos):
For recovering I use Side-b reverse jump to Bair often (which I don't in these videos since they've gotten use to it lol)
Cancel side-b to grab behind them
SH Fair waveland (possibly only used once on the Sonic stage)
SH Arrow to item throw stuff (which isn't in the videos)

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
So...this thread died...idk what to do. I'm thinking I might just remove everything and start again from 3.0? cool with everyone else?

In other news, I'm thinking about putting together a Pit Combo Video with multiple pit players in it...anyone interested or should I scrap the idea?

Last edited:

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Is it possible, that the names of the players these guys go against, be mentioned as well? For the future editions added to the op I mean.

That would be cool though, go for it. Just be GOOD at video editing.

Last edited:

Sharkz

Smash Ace
NNID
Sharkz1
Yep, I'm down for a major overhaul. I should have a video or 2 up finally in the next week or so depending.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Is it possible, that the names of the players these guys go against, be mentioned as well? For the future editions added to the op I mean.

That would be cool though, go for it. Just be GOOD at video editing.
Alright I'm going to be sure to add the opponents in the future.

I'm at least decent at video editing I've had my moments. I might also get some help for this project.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Alright I'm going to be sure to add the opponents in the future.

I'm at least decent at video editing I've had my moments. I might also get some help for this project.
Lemme take a crack and that editin doe

Top Bottom