• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pits arrows are they good??

deathbrawl2

Smash Rookie
I believe that Pit is a good character and is has the perfect speed but what troubles me is that his arrow, you can move it when it is in the air. That is cheap because even though it has great hit, you really can't move it because goes to fast, sure you can move it a little but really, the other player can dodge it easily. I am not saying that he is a bad character but really, think about and if you have any questions repliy to me and i will get them back as soon as posible. TY

iron blade

Smash Ace
Never, ever, ever doubt pit's abilities! Also, the arrows are very quick, and can be aimed straight upward. The ability to curve them only makes them harder to dodge be cause you can't just jump over them. A good video of his arrows can be found here and here. They still look easy to dodge?

verditude

Smash Journeyman
Wow, so the arrows are fully aimable while holding down B before release and slightly aimable after release? SWEET.

Kapusta.KO

Smash Cadet
Wow, so the arrows are fully aimable while holding down B before release and slightly aimable after release? SWEET.
im pretty sure you press b to shoo the arrow of light, from there you can tilt the control stick in whichever direction to change the trajectory of the arrow, it moves at a high speed so it doesnt last long (like pk thunder), whether or not you can charge it is unknown i believe.

verditude

Smash Journeyman
I think I read in Gimpyfish's thread that you could hold B for a liitle while and not shoot the arrow, during which time you can aim the initial firing direction. After it is released, you still have slight control over its movements. It doesn't charge while being held, it's just aimable.

iron blade

Smash Ace
im pretty sure you press b to shoo the arrow of light, from there you can tilt the control stick in whichever direction to change the trajectory of the arrow, it moves at a high speed so it doesnt last long (like pk thunder), whether or not you can charge it is unknown i believe.
The arrows don't charge and they move much faster than PK thunder.

xXx_KidIcarus_xXx

Smash Apprentice
I totally agree! never EVER doubt pit again!!!! Pit's arrows are just awesome!!! being able to shoot them straight up and being able to curve them in the air DOES make them harder to dodge, Pit just could not BE any awesomer!!!

Demontree

Smash Journeyman
I think it evens out. I will list the reasons that even it out.

1. He has great recovery.

2. He can turn around and shoot behind him.

3. He can shoot up.

4. They make the target flinch.

I think this sums up the easy to dodge part of this.

C.S. Dinah

Smash Champion
I guess since you can control the Pits Arrow projectilery they own Links Arrows, but Pits arrows has to be weak in damaging foes.
Just a thought.

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
I think it evens out. I will list the reasons that even it out.

1. He has great recovery.

2. He can turn around and shoot behind him.

3. He can shoot up.

4. They make the target flinch.

I think this sums up the easy to dodge part of this.
What about his air game? his general combo ability? I have no doubt that he has a good defense. but what about close combat?

iron blade

Smash Ace
His Fair and Bair are good kill moves and all his aerials have good knockback. His smashes have decent range and good knockback as well. His Fsmash and Dsmash are both good kill moves.

Da Black Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlackRabbit87
3DS FC
1650-1675-4360
They seem better then Link's since you can aim them and all. A tactic I like to use is to detonate bombs and mines with Link's arrows.

Seems like it'll be a lot easier to do it with out having to adjust the character position and shot strength when I can simply tilt up or down.

Droogieb

Smash Apprentice
After seeing about 60-70 videos of Pit I believe him to have unbelievable potential! His arrows will be key to taunting foes into making an approach and his UP B will be unreal, especially since you can interrupt it with attacks! Quick Q though, can pit jump again or attack out of his glide?

Top Bottom