• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit's been UGLIFIED.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
This is the Pit that we'd been oogling over for the past year.

Sadly, he's had a downgrade come the newest update at SmashBros.com

I'm too lazy to check if Mario and Link have been uglified yet, but I'm disheartened. I was looking forward to his previously delicious wings.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I realized that this would be the stupidest thread I'd ever post on this website, but then I remembered that there have been a lot worse threads in here.

So why the hell not?

Bluebomber, it's not just the wings. It's the fact that they're changin' stuff on us.

And also, his hair, shoes, clothes, and everything else suck too. Look at 'em.

Somasu

Smash Ace
Oh come on, people =/

It's not THAT big a difference! Sure, there's a little lower quality in the new update, but think for a second, is it REALLY going to matter how clear his wings look when your fighting with him? Are you really going to be paying attention to how he USED to look? (even though it isn't different, at all)

I can understand being a bit flustered at them if they were to tweak his design entirely, but there is absolutely NO significant difference between the two...

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Oh come on, people =/

It's not THAT big a difference! Sure, there's a little lower quality in the new update, but think for a second, is it REALLY going to matter how clear his wings look when your fighting with him? Are you really going to be paying attention to how he USED to look? (even though it isn't different, at all)

I can understand being a bit flustered at them if they were to tweak his design entirely, but there is absolutely NO significant difference between the two...
How can you not consider his wings a significant difference? When you look at them, they look extremely sleek and sexy. Now, he seems monochromatic and without shadows. You obviously don't have an eye for detail.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
I realized that this would be the stupidest thread I'd ever post on this website, but then I remembered that there have been a lot worse threads in here.

So why the hell not?

Bluebomber, it's not just the wings. It's the fact that they're changin' stuff on us.

And also, his hair, shoes, clothes, and everything else suck too. Look at 'em.
i guess if pit were important to me i would be complaining too. I think you're justified since you were really looking forward to using him..

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Look, you know some idiot was going to make this thread, since every person feels the need to make a thread about every new update.

It's Pit. There's nothing new. So, I make a thread about the biggest difference. Discuss.

Slater88

Smash Cadet
Meh. Really it's just a lighter version of him with a few less feathers. We should feel lucky to have have the character, and I like him being brighter and more angelic.

Somasu

Smash Ace
How can you not consider his wings a significant difference? When you look at them, they look extremely sleek and sexy. Now, he seems monochromatic and without shadows. You obviously don't have an eye for detail.

I have enough of an eye for detail. I realise the differences that both of the pictures have. As I said, the new update has less quality. It has less detail in the wings, as well as other aspects of his clothing. There seems to be a lot less glow to him in the update than there was in the previous image.

The thing is, no, I do not think they are significant changes. Are they good changes? No, I also would love to see a more detailed, better quality Pit. But at the same time, they also aren't bad enough to distract me.

Like I said before, is it really going to matter how sleek his wings look when you're using him in-game? It sure as hell won't to me. I mean, I know I've never been playing Melee and thinking that I wish my character's tail would look bushier(that a word? meh), or that his gun would look shinier, so I know I won't be thinking about how low the quality of the wings are when using Pit.

Erk Aduro

Smash Apprentice
I like new Pit's wings better. His old ones were cool, but these ones suit him better. They're more cartoonish. The textures have been simplified as has the shading, but really it's for the best. It's been done with Link and Mario too if you look. It'll be easier on the connection when playing online. I think this simpler, more cartoonish look is actually more in line with the spirit of Smash Bros.

Not only that, but I'm pretty sure Pit's wings were never that detailed in the game footage to begin with.

...my character's tail would look bushier(that a word? meh)...
That is indeed a word my friend. :)

D

Deleted member

I hope they change that. I want the normal pit back.

But I have a feeling it looks worse on paper than in game.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Normal Pit? Did anybody actually watch the first two trailers or look at any of the screenshots?

They're using the actual in-game model now and not a mock-up, OH NOES111

Shuma

Smash Hero
Guys, the Second Pit you're looking at is the Pit we have been seeing since the start, look at your Pit's Avatars, the first one is just a touched up Version for Promo Screens etc etc. And Besides if you had the First Pit, the game would lag, Trust me.

Edti: damm beated to it.

StarshipGroove

Smash Journeyman
"omg they uglified pit he dont look enough anime anymore im not maining him now o noes!"

This is the NEW in-game model! In older screenshot he looked like in the first and second trailer!
(well, except the wings)
And I for one like the new one MUCH better than the old one. The old one looked like a Final Fantasy reject, the new one is much more in line with Nintendo's style.

smash~bomber

Smash Journeyman
Somewhere where it's not quite hot, but not quite
i agree with shuma and devastlian.
the first pit pic is just a more detailed promo-type art, the second one was done using the in-game model, so like it or not, the so-called "uglified" pit is the one that you'll be using. asuming your still gonna use him, but most likely not since hes been, in your words, "uglified"... omfg teh wolrd will endzors oh noes because teh detial is goen D:

psssshhhh~

He looks just fine.the first pcture was only touched up to show more texture and shading detail.The IN GAME one looks fine.Why? Because it's the only one we have seen.

As a matter of fact,he looks even better than he previously did in the second trailer.

StarshipGroove

Smash Journeyman
The in-game model shown now wasn't changed only in quality, you can tell that in the older screenshots Pit's face was less chubby, for example. He really does look younger, like he should be.

Shark X

Smash Lord
Actually, I like them both equally. Doesn't matter to me either way which they changed. I personally like the new hair better, but wings, shoes, and clothes, I like both new and old equally. I hope they are least have both in the game, one as default, and one as a costume.

MarsBitrona

Smash Apprentice
An NES character not as hyper-realistic as possible?
It goes against everything Nintendo stands for!

You're right! This minor, unimportant change has made him hideous!! HIDEOUS I SAY! I guess he can't automatically be high-tier anymore. He just doesn't look cool enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom