• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit's Reverse Side-B Cancel Dash

ShowTime6Fro

Smash Rookie
Basically on any stage with a slope or an incline that isn't an edge pit can short hop immediatly side-b towards the downward angle of the slope and it will push Pit in the opposite direction. A good place to see this is on the Hyrule Temple on the stairs or the incline just below the respawn, Windy Hill Zone on the incline leading to the windmill, or on Onett on top of either of the trees. Competitively I don't know of many applications but it is a cool little glitch I found with Pit. Hope you enjoy.

Last edited:

Corthos Fellrin

Smash Cadet
Not going to lie, at first I was going to say idk what you are talking about but then my finger slipped and I did it. I wish this could be done in the competitive stages without the slope. Can't even be done in Kongo Jungle 64.... this can work with DP as well. Nice find though!

ShowTime6Fro

Smash Rookie
On DP you can do this on the stairs transformation.
Not going to lie, at first I was going to say idk what you are talking about but then my finger slipped and I did it. I wish this could be done in the competitive stages without the slope. Can't even be done in Kongo Jungle 64.... this can work with DP as well. Nice find though!
Sorry if I was unclear, but yeah this defiantly works on Delfino, we'll see where it goes.

Corthos Fellrin

Smash Cadet
I feel like you can do this for the style points and maybe a juke. It also works on the shine sprite tower. Lastly don't worry about it, I understood what you meant eventually :p

Last edited:

EnGarde

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4914-3671-9440
Hey, this was discovered a while ago, but it's good to have another person to confirm it. Here is a good video tutorial demonstrating it.

BaeBraham

Coffee and Smash enthusiast
NNID
BaeBraham
3DS FC
4184-3853-8896
What's the end-lag on this like? Is it easy to go into an attack following this, or does it leave you in a vulnerable state?

ShowTime6Fro

Smash Rookie
What's the end-lag on this like? Is it easy to go into an attack following this, or does it leave you in a vulnerable state?
You are in lag for most of the slide, I would say about 90 ~95%, It isn't that good for sliding into an attack but you could try to chase or juke with it.

Last edited:

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
LancerStaff LancerStaff looks like it is a spacing thing after all when used on ledges.

On a side note that Dark Pit made me cry.

Last edited:

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
May be only with moving platforms...

I'll try and have a look tonight. If it can be done on command it's probably useful.
But remember the guy who did it on the edge of T&C?

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
Er, might be easier with moving platforms. From what I can tell, though, it's still not easy to pull off.

I'm honestly not sure why it's so difficult. Seems like the stars have to align...
Yeah I think you're right

You can do it consistently on the edge of smashville platform while it's moving. Just side b the same direction the platform is moving at the edge the platform is moving in the same direction as.

errrr....need to double check, right after school.

Last edited:
Top Bottom