• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

pivot chain grab (works on platforms)

Massiveguns

Smash Apprentice
so bassicaly no1 has said anything about this and it owns it up so im taking credit.
Step 1 grab opponent
Step 2 down throw opponent
Step 3 run and pivot grab while sliding u should grab them
Step 4 rinse and repeat (or dont and go to normal grabs to increase your grab duraration or force opponent to a ledge)

SO yes you can pivot grab people to change directions (i belive it slightly hinders your speed at which you grab so people who might have been barly unable to escape will now escape at earlier %)
Uses making snake at the perfect % before u Dair spike him offstage to ensure he must B up and u can spike him again
# 2 grabbing and chaining opponents on platforms where usual chain grabbing cant happen
# 3 looking sexy cause it looks sexy
#4 other stuff i cant think of cause im to lazy

(i checked falco chain grab guides and w.e and no1 mentions it so ... just making sure this is known)

spare-jello

Smash Cadet
Nice find, but I remember seeing something like this somewhere. If it works then it could end up being really useful.

Vice Lord

Smash Apprentice
Scarborough, Ontario (Scarberian barbarians)
this works, but to a much lower percent than regular chain grabs. It's still useful though. Thanks for posting this. Oh, btw, the pivot grab canceleed dash attack might improve opon this. (hitting away and z immediately after doing a dash attack.)

Massiveguns

Smash Apprentice
haha that is a good idea glad to see this helped and ya it is much less safe then a normal CG, idk where this info should go, but it works best on low flying character out of CG. Doesnt work on DDD or DK or other high flyers

Hybrid222

Smash Cadet
Pretty cool, hard to get the button pattern down well but cool none the less.

Top Bottom