• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pivot Grab slide?

hdrevolution123

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure people have noticed this but during brawls and training I have realised that Pikachu's pivot grab has a slide effect after running. I'm sure this is pretty much like Falco and Fox's running pivot grab slide which has its effective uses. Therefore it is pretty obvious that we can incorporate this technique into our common playstyles and either create more mindgames or perhaps utilize it after a chain grab to perhaps continue it further than we currently can. I haven't tested the pivot grab yet but I'm asking for an opinion as to whether we should look further into the pivot grab and what further tactics we may use with the pivot grab.

Thanks

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
i love this so much about pika. the pivot grab can slide so far. it gives him a wave pivot grab of a very long range. also good mindgames for running at someone, then slide pivot grabbing behind them.

stevensteve

Smash Cadet
how long is the slide from pivot grab?

i've used it but i never found the slide to be that useful.

anyone got a vid with a longer slide?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTodgqnGOxM

starting at 2:10
i missed a pivot grab. the distance was okay
then i did another one 5 seconds later. distance was comparable to the first attempt.

i'll try over the weekend to see if i can get an even longer slide that u guys are talking about.

hdrevolution123

Smash Ace
how long is the slide from pivot grab?

i've used it but i never found the slide to be that useful.

anyone got a vid with a longer slide?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTodgqnGOxM

starting at 2:10
i missed a pivot grab. the distance was okay
then i did another one 5 seconds later. distance was comparable to the first attempt.

i'll try over the weekend to see if i can get an even longer slide that u guys are talking about.
You have a decent Pikachu. I liked the way you used QAC to get around your opponent

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
yeah its pretty weird. you have to get a running start for it to slide. you cant do teh pivot too soon or it will be a slight slide. and i responded so quickly cause i refresh my subscriptions page every couple minutes lol.

Top Bottom