• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PJ64K / Vista help!

Steven407

Smash Rookie
Ok, so I just got a new laptop, and it has vista. For some reason, when I try to play a game, it sends the cheats and stuff, loads to 100%, then the whole emulator just crashes...any suggestions?

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Some people are saying that for vista you have to tweak project64k to get it to work. I actually own a vista laptop also and pj64k isnt working but i dont really care since i use my vista computer for things like homework, website editing, etc. etc. Internet is serious business

Poponfu

Smash Rookie
I have vista home basic and used that guide on these forums you are talking about ... there were two steps and one of them had to do something about renaming the direct3D8.dll to 3D7 and another .dll too ... I cant remember but I uploaded mine and it should work

The p2p kaillera dll is in there if you want to switch back just rename the other one thats in there

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PCVT6MBY

PicoZX

Smash Cadet
Ok, so I just got a new laptop, and it has vista. For some reason, when I try to play a game, it sends the cheats and stuff, loads to 100%, then the whole emulator just crashes...any suggestions?
Thats weird...
I don't what to do.

epidiOn

Smash Cadet
Yeah the PJ64k uses 3D7 by default, so you have to rename the 3D8 to 3D7. But sounds like it's all fixed.

Dark Link

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Neoshade
I have vista home basic and used that guide on these forums you are talking about ... there were two steps and one of them had to do something about renaming the direct3D8.dll to 3D7 and another .dll too ... I cant remember but I uploaded mine and it should work

The p2p kaillera dll is in there if you want to switch back just rename the other one thats in there

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PCVT6MBY
I love you! I was having to use mupen64k, and not many people use it online!

You need to use this (virus free) or download mupen64k. The only problem is mupen64k can only play with mupen64k, and vice-versa.

If you need help, try google or youtube searching, videos are all over the place on how to set everything up.

Top Bottom