• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PK Bee Suit- A Ness "Combo" Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

orintemple

Smash Lord
That was good stuff. Nice Ness play. PK Fire to bat is an old favorite of mine and you seem to like it. Nice editing too. Good video all around.

Bane

Smash Journeyman
rather entertaining, all things considered; combos weren't the most finessed (there's a fine line between mindgames and opponent stupidity, but I'm not perfect either) , but Brawl's early yet, and the production values were very good.

Corigames

Smash Hero
The first 20 - 45 seconds was you hitting people once. Not a combo. Just entertaining at the least. Which it wasn't. Sorry.

Then, the rest of the video is a Falcon making poor to grave decisions. That's not amusing at all. I don't feel like you expressed any skill. You swung your bat and... oh... what? He jumped into it! Sweet, combo. Oh, he could have shielded, or dodged, or jumped, or stayed back, or grabbed the edge, or... ANYTHING ****ING ELSE IN THE WORLD? Well, crap. I guess that's Brawl, right?

Face an opponent who has played the game more than the times shown in the video, put in COMBOS instead of the last 2.3 seconds of the fight, and then you will have a combo video.

This is probably a better "gameplay" video, as it shows some interesting things that can be done, you winning a lot, and a short documentary on how to not play Falcon. But, it had good editing and capturing of video. I can say that for ya!

jkshoujk

Smash Rookie
If you bother to read my explanations, it could help a bit. Those clips were of our first WEEKS with the game, and I ended up editing them and uploading them recently. The random scenes that "weren't very entertaining" was just me messing around with syncs and such, of course THAT wasn't meant to be a combo... <_<. Also, I was trying to release the video ASAP to counter some criticism that might appear, since the game is still in it's early form of competitive play. Therefore, I got a bit desperate when choosing my clips and I have to say that half of my video was filler <_<. But some people liked it, so I decided to make it a final. Furthermore, I don't look at combos the same as they were in Melee, lots of things have changed, and with minor stun hit and a slow game engine, it's hard to combo with no openings, especially at the time the gameplay was recorded.

MalcolmM

Smash Lord
Well...i found it entertaining. U put it as a "combo" video so i mean...using the term loosely i think it qualifies. I enjoyed the PKT2s....i see that every ness video involves @ least one...but i havent gotten one in any single ness match. Ummm im not gonna like critique the "combos" and stuff cause well...i think we play different and it seemed to be working. But yea...dont worry about people who give u the "U CAN AIR DODGE ANYTHING IN BRAWL WTF" attitude. Clips from a combo video usually reflect poor DI and bad choices by ur opponent...especially in brawl...because if they make the right choices...well then there is no combo @ all. Good job...i thought itw as cool.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
lol that wasn't so much a "combo" video as a "watch me kill people in various ways" video. Still entertained me and I liked the song so I guess that's what counts.

jkshoujk

Smash Rookie
Droly, I REALLY hope that your post was a joke:mad:. I never even IMPLIED that I thought I was good. I personally think I'm terrible at this game, and I need some drastic improvements :urg:, but if you want to talk further, please, feel free to message me your Brawl friend code, I'm always up for challenges. And to all of you, I REALIZE THAT MY VIDEO REALLY HAD NO COMBOS, MOST OF IT WAS JUST FILLER AND I MADE IT TO ENTERTAIN ****IT. Thank you Tyr_03 for understanding this.

Corigames

Smash Hero
If you rush a video to show that there are combos in Brawl, and then put none in it... counter-productive?

If you felt the video wasn't good, then you shouldn't have posted it. If you don't like it when someone responds, don't make a thread about it. If you want to impress someone, don't do it by making a video out of a few weeks of taping and being "desperate" for good footage. That's not a wise decision.

jkshoujk

Smash Rookie
If you rush a video to show that there are combos in Brawl, and then put none in it... counter-productive?

If you felt the video wasn't good, then you shouldn't have posted it. If you don't like it when someone responds, don't make a thread about it. If you want to impress someone, don't do it by making a video out of a few weeks of taping and being "desperate" for good footage. That's not a wise decision.
Yes, well... wise decisions are for wise people, I'm not sure I fit into that category. :3

think13

Smash Cadet
There are certainly many worse 'combo' vids up. Your Ness definitely has potential.

I would find more clips like at 0:49, 1:35 (funny), 1:55, 2:15, and 2:52. These are good because they at least kinda look like combos.

I would get rid of almost all the clips where you take damage. Seriously. This is supposed to be a video of you p0wning n00bs and basically being impervious. I would also get rid of all the clips that just look like the middle of a match. Your opponent should do little more than get tossed around the stage.

Also, get rid of the one-hit smash kills, unless it is done to sync with the music.

Mizar

Smash Ace
Your opponents were kind of.. uhm.. ******** :p
No seriously, the video showed them walking into charged smashes and you killing them while bing over 100-150%. Sorry mate, not really impressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom