• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PK Cross: An Advanced Ness Guide

Gaussis

Smash Ace
Good video. Just remember that Ness can sweetspot the ledge from under the stage. This is crucial against characters with disjointed hitboxes.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I've been recovering with psi magnet for a while already. I did it in melee to sometimes. It's useful in brawl though. Just don't do it when you're in the magnifying glass.

Uffe

Smash Hero
I've been recovering with psi magnet for a while already. I did it in melee to sometimes. It's useful in brawl though. Just don't do it when you're in the magnifying glass.
Other than the fact you'll get some damage, why not?

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
You fall faster in it. It basically nullifies the psi magnet recover and you're better off just floating. It's ok to use it when you're just outside the boundary, otherwise it's not helpful at all.

Uffe

Smash Hero
You fall faster in it. It basically nullifies the psi magnet recover and you're better off just floating. It's ok to use it when you're just outside the boundary, otherwise it's not helpful at all.
How did I forget about that?

Uffe

Smash Hero
Was that suppose to show me what really happens when you're in the blast zone?:laugh:

Man of Popsicle

Smash Lord
You may want to include glitches.
The yoyo glitch can be a gamebreaker, and also for all of you who have seen the "pikachu learns fly" glitch, I did that somehow with ness on pirate ship with no items..

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
You may want to include glitches.
The yoyo glitch can be a gamebreaker, and also for all of you who have seen the "pikachu learns fly" glitch, I did that somehow with ness on pirate ship with no items..

the yo-yo glitch isnt THAT good, heh heh. but its pretty good for hanging it off the edge...

i wanna see that pirate ship thing you said....im w/uffe, got any replays?

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
I wonder if you could initiate a YYG, edgehog, then the yo-yo will stagespik someone.
Hmm...

Im thinking of some updates sometime this weekend guys. List:

PKT out of shield
PK Flash out of shield
Ledgecurving
Flash combo
Water shock
Water Flash
Magnet surf
Aerial recovery

Man of Popsicle

Smash Lord
Yeah, if someone can tell me how to get it off my SD card in a playable format that can be uploaded to youtube >.<
I don't really get that video stuff, but I get pretty much everything else.

Iron Mushroom

Smash Apprentice
I wonder if you could initiate a YYG, edgehog, then the yo-yo will stagespik someone.
Hmm...

Im thinking of some updates sometime this weekend guys. List:

PKT out of shield
PK Flash out of shield
Ledgecurving
Flash combo
Water shock
Water Flash
Magnet surf
Aerial recovery
??????What??????

Gaussis

Smash Ace
It does nooby if you mean the pivot grab.

You can save yourself. Edit your post.

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
hey I heard this today from my friend...it sounds absolutly crazy but somehow i think it mght actually be possible....

anyway he said if someone is right above you and you press jump(even if you have no more jumps left) then youll footstool jump THEM! he told me this when I was trying to give him some tips vs my ness. but he told em this at school so ive yet to try it...im gonna try it when i get home...but is this really true...?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
hey I heard this today from my friend...it sounds absolutly crazy but somehow i think it mght actually be possible....

anyway he said if someone is right above you and you press jump(even if you have no more jumps left) then youll footstool jump THEM! he told me this when I was trying to give him some tips vs my ness. but he told em this at school so ive yet to try it...im gonna try it when i get home...but is this really true...?
Weird. I wonder if it's true.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
It's true... Just your friend exaggerated... Your opponent has to be slightly above you and you inside their hurt box. Not really anything knew, Just a footstool property.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
I am 80% sure of this theory

Foot stools work by putting you above the opponent. It is considered an attack. To land this attack the center of your hurt box, (this can be seen by two ness' forward smashing each other at the same time with both of them facing the same direction. The bat will clank in the stomach.) has to be touching any part of their hit box. Then you will warp above their head.

Gaussis

Smash Ace
Don't forget to mention that if the opponent does not perform any action (jump, attack, etc.) and you footstool him/her then both characters undergo the footstool animation whether in the air or on the ground. May be common knowledge, but just in case.

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
^^^^ ok, so if someone is on my *** trying to eat my thunder, I should just mash footstool in hope of getting one, or try to out manuver, or uair or pkt and die, or what?

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
^^^
I sometimes go for the footstool. Try not to let yourself stay next to a guy doing that for too long as so run out of recovery space should you use an aerial to fend them off. Use the aerial ASAP so you get enough time to get them away AND recover. If you know you cannot do it, sometimes a PSIM to footstool maywork.

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
skyler: footstool isnt some magica entity that decides when it will and will not work....get to know the exact spacing on the move and then you will know when and when not to use it....you wont have to hope for anything

Lizard

Smash Ace
As far as ness goes, Mindgaming the PKT2 is key!

If someone is strait above you, launch one up at them! if it hits..... Cool! free damage. but if he dodges, loop it back around to you.

Thats one dead opponent.

Tail whipping rocks too! Exellent edge gaurding. stops horizntal DI quick. Ike players HATE the tail!

CELTiiC

Dong 2 Strong
NNID
TBGCELTiiC
3DS FC
3840-7097-4621
As far as ness goes, Mindgaming the PKT2 is key!

If someone is strait above you, launch one up at them! if it hits..... Cool! free damage. but if he dodges, loop it back around to you.

Thats one dead opponent.

Tail whipping rocks too! Exellent edge gaurding. stops horizntal DI quick. Ike players HATE the tail!
Yeah, but a non-charged PK Flash works too if there close above you, since it's bigger, and does nearly the same amount of damage.

Gaussis

Smash Ace
Yes it is. In fact, doing all of these at once will free you from the grab a lot faster.

EDIT: Are any Nesses here?

Jtails

Smash Lord
yes indeed. i just reread the guide. so i can get into habit of doing all these things still.
goin to a weekly today =]
thanx again eb360 for the guide.

Gaussis

Smash Ace
That's what I said.

I have a question of my own for anyone that knows this. Does the lag of PKT differ when Ness hits a character than when he hits a part of the stage? How about if it was outprioritized?

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
It doesnt matter as long as PKT ends and Ness' lands at a certain point during his helpless fall animation.

Top Bottom