• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PK Juggling~

.Yoshi

Smash Journeyman
I played Brawl with friends today for my second time and I am definitely still sticking with Ness.

The sad thing about Ness in Melee is that he was just not good against certain characters that abused his floaty second jump and awkward third jumps and comboed him with grabs. In Brawl, though, he's a lot more menacing!

His attacks fit this game's physics quite well and he does a lot more damage and can be a tricky character for your opponents to follow.

PK Thunder:

One thing is for sure, PK Thunder is my most favorite move. In Melee it didn't las as long but it could juggle your opponents in the air. In Brawl, since everyone is in the air longer, air dodging doesn't let you aerially shift for really far distances, and it takes a while to fully fall to the ground, PK Juggling is really how you will win and annoy your opponents.

Lucas users spam PK Fire, Ness users should exploit PK Thunder!

The best thing though is that you can snake/tail with the PK Thunder a lot more easily in this game I think. Either that or I definitely mastered it in Brawl in one night. This stuns your opponents and still lets you maneuver it around the stage and around your opponent again. And because PK Thunder lasts longer in Brawl, you can do it a lot more often!

Do this a few times and bring it back to yourself and send your stunned opponent flying.

Another thing to do is to simply keep juggling your opponents in the air until they get used to your moves. Then, simply aim it at yourself and vertically KO them.

Your opponents can hit your PK Thunder with their attacks or simply get hit by it to make you stop concentrating/using the attack. This is fine if you are simply jugglying them since you can whip it out again. But if you are trying to come back, like in Melee, it can be stolen from you. Though short ranged characters have a harder time intercepting it.

I fought my friend who plays a very good Marth in Melee with his Marth, Sonic, and really good Olimar and he couldn't win...at all.

eHerbieInReverse

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I'm definitely excited on using Ness in Brawl. I had the opportunity to play the game, and him, for a few hours and what I did play, I loved. I just was so caught up in playing all the characters in the short amount of time I had that I didn't really get to try out things like this. Oh well, can't wait. 10 more days!!!

N.OW

Smash Journeyman
Yeah ive noticed this too. With the increased floatiness in brawl, pk thunder juggling is easy on every character and you can trick people into getting hit after you swirl it around and hit yourself because they start to get annoyed after you juggle them a few times and just want to reach the ground.

Wizard99

Smash Journeyman
Interesting, nice to know that Ness has improved. (or everyone else got worse :))

Ademisk

Smash Champion
Don't just think you can mindless juggle people though. Since everyone's more floaty, that means they DI better midair. They can avoid your PKT and then punish you.

Also, wierdest thing ever. The lag after an eaten PKT is LESS than the lag at the end of PKT2. Hitting yourself is preferable to purposefully grounding your thunder. Even if you don't hit anyone.

IrishSheikah

Smash Journeyman
Don't just think you can mindless juggle people though. Since everyone's more floaty, that means they DI better midair. They can avoid your PKT and then punish you.

Also, wierdest thing ever. The lag after an eaten PKT is LESS than the lag at the end of PKT2. Hitting yourself is preferable to purposefully grounding your thunder. Even if you don't hit anyone.
You understand the Physics of Ness's moves better than anyone on these boards.
Interesting.:)

Ademisk

Smash Champion
I think I'm the best Melee Ness player who's had an extended amount of time with Brawl so far. Simna hasn't had much yet, and I dunno, Jman and I are probably pretty close in ability, but I've probably had more time with it than him.

.Yoshi

Smash Journeyman
Also doing PK Thunder on someone right next to you sends them high enough in the air to let you do another one and start juggling them there - even at zero to low percentages too.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
It's not a definite though, in that situation, they still have enough time to get away from your PKT. And most will even have time to attack it. Being able to attack PK Thunder makes juggling infinitely less useful.

Hardcorenesser

Smash Journeyman
It's not a definite though, in that situation, they still have enough time to get away from your PKT. And most will even have time to attack it. Being able to attack PK Thunder makes juggling infinitely less useful.
Ya... but if you can trick them with mind games and **** then they won't attack it. Also, is there some kind of percentage to how much floatier the characters are this time around? And does this mean that jigglypuff is even floatier? I never thought that could be possible...

Top Bottom