• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social PK Love - Lucas Social Thread: “Inside the mailbox was absolutely nothing”

Drippy

Smash Ace
All this Wolf hype has made me hyped for Wolf, and I never even played him in Brawl.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Had to Lucas up my avatar and sig, the hype train will not stop.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Why was lucas removed in the first place?
They probably didn't legitimately remove him. I bet they had the intentions to add him, but cut him at the last minute due to time constraints.

Remember, Bowser Jr. was almost cut from development! So there were probably characters that were stopped mid-development. :)

Drippy

Smash Ace
Unrelated but I feel like going for a 100% playthrough on Earthbound. Getting all the pictures, all characters to level 99, getting the ultimate weapons (all the rare items at least), and etc. I may do it in the future for Mother 3 too when I get a english cartridge for it.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Unrelated but I feel like going for a 100% playthrough on Earthbound. Getting all the pictures, all characters to level 99, getting the ultimate weapons (all the rare items at least), and etc. I may do it in the future for Mother 3 too when I get a english cartridge for it.
Oh, nice! I've done that once and it can be pretty painful at times, but I love Earthbound too much to care. :p

Last edited:

Drippy

Smash Ace
Oh, nice! I've done that once and it can be pretty painful at times, but I love Earthbound too much to care. :p
Yeah I'm pretty excited, first I have to 100% SMT IV. I almost have all the demons unlocked in that game and already have all the ultimate accessories in stuff. I gotta go on my quest to 100% all my games!

YouReadMyName

Smash Cadet
3 more alternates left... And I didn't get my Ninten palette for Ness and his dope ascot/bandana. Sakurai, this is redemption time, plis incorporate this to Lucas!

Aevin

Smash Journeyman
I've been wondering about how integrated DLC characters will be into the existing games. For example ...

1. Will they have custom specials, or be limited to their default set? Will we have to collect the specials if they have them?
2. Will they have scenes or trophies when you beat different single-player modes?
3. Will they be integrated into the selection screen, or have a separate selection screen similar to Miis?
4. Will they be added to All Star mode?

I don't know if any of these have already been answered. In a perfect world, they would be indistinguishable from normal fighters and have all the benefits, but I bet there's going to be some limitations.

Last edited:

Aevin

Smash Journeyman
I hope you're right. I guess I'm just a "high hopes, low expectations" kind of guy, which is precisely why I was so stunned by his reveal. :)

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I just want to say congrats to all you Lucas fans, who still managed to get him back even when it looked like his time in Smashbros was over.

Also, I showed this to my fellow Mewtwo fans already, but I'm sure you guys will appreciate this Miiverse post I found as well.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I'm really excited for the Lucas amiibo. I mean a freaking Lucas figure released worldwide. I'm hope I'm lucky again to successfully reserve his amiibo just like I did with Ness. I imagine that will be a bigger bloodbath than yesterday.

Also I love this picture right mainly because of Lucas's facial expression here.

Pikmin-ism42

Smash Journeyman
Somehow, I hope that Lucas's Final Smash shall become "The Dark Dragon", where all the seven needles are suddenly pulled out at once, which then ensues in a lot of chaotic destruction, working more or less the same way as PK starstorm in Brawl, with meteorites falling from the sky and whatnot.

Except this time, you honestly don't want anyone to survive.

Drippy

Smash Ace
Just to start a discussion but what's your guys favorite enemies in the Mother series? I've only played Earthbound (but I read up the stories on all the games which is why I know everything) so yeah my votes are going to the enemies of that game though they may change in the future. On the other hand my votes are...

Coolest:

Goofiest:

Hippest:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Is it just me or does Lucas render look really bad?

It seriously look like some Photoshop'd Ness for a leak or something.
That's... surprisingly accurate. Now I'm truly wondering if the render was based off fan renders of Lucas.
There are similarities, between him and his fan art and also just simply between him and Ness, most notably the curled fist. It wouldn't surprise me if they started off by flipping Ness' image and then working on it from there - why start from scratch when you have a near perfect body archetype to head-start you off with, y'know?

Coolest: "This is the eighth 'Your Sanctuary' location. But it's mine now." (Carbon / Diamond dog)

Goofiest: "Now you will truly see the advantages of being the third strongest mole!" (self-explanatory)

Hippest: "New Age Retro Hippie used ruler! Now, he can figure out the length of things easily!" (also obvious)

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
They most likely did start work off by using Ness' render, although that isn't really out of line considering every aspect of Smash Lucas is started with Ness. Either way, he has a really great render, especially compared to Brawl.

Oh, also, just to correct anybody who didn't see the last page - the post Luco quoted was referring to the image posted previously showing the comparisons of Lucas fan art and his official render, not the post about Lucas having a photoshopped render. EDIT: Wow, that has to be the jankiest sentence I've put on these boards.

Last edited:

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
Ness' render would have no use in making Lucas' one.
(Or is that not how it's done?)
His model, however, might have been recycled.

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Hm? They just load the same pose that Ness' render uses under Lucas' model, then edit it from there. Changing the camera angle and all that jazz just makes it look different.

Just to start a discussion but what's your guys favorite enemies in the Mother series? I've only played Earthbound (but I read up the stories on all the games which is why I know everything) so yeah my votes are going to the enemies of that game though they may change in the future. On the other hand my votes are...

Coolest:

Goofiest:

Hippest:
Mr. Batty takes my all my votes. Everything about him is amazing...

but it all comes down to Mr. Batty's Twist

NANANANANANANANA

Last edited:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
They most likely did start work off by using Ness' render, although that isn't really out of line considering every aspect of Smash Lucas is started with Ness. Either way, he has a really great render, especially compared to Brawl.

Oh, also, just to correct anybody who didn't see the last page - the post Luco quoted was referring to the image posted previously showing the comparisons of Lucas fan art and his official render, not the post about Lucas having a photoshopped render. EDIT: Wow, that has to be the jankiest sentence I've put on these boards.
Ohhh woops I didn't realise how that looked hahaha, I should have given more context with your quote. :p

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416

Coolest:

Goofiest:

Hippest:
Mooks, no question. This is entirely to blame.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
After seeing Lucas and actually managing to pre-order a Ness amiibo, I feel like I should pick up Earthbound again.

...Then I remember that I also want to play through the Wonderful 101, Okami, Xenoblade Chronicles, Dragon Quest 9, Final Fantasy 4, Final Fantasy 7... There just aren't enough hours in the day... Still, I might stick with Earthbound for now. From what I can remember, I just beat Master Belch and I'm trying to make it through a desert. I'm liking the game so far - it really gives you this feeling that you're on a big adventure.

OwenMaster

Smash Cadet
NNID
OwenMaster3DHD
3DS FC
0516-7651-4373
What do you guys think about the new artstyle Sakurai gave Ness and Lucas
PS: Before I thought Ness had no soul because of the eyes

DarkDrifloon

Smash Cadet
NNID
NintenNessDerek
I loved it, It really feels that they are the same originals sprites that in their games just like in the 64

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
Had to Lucas up my avatar and sig, the hype train will not stop.
I broke my Xenoblade 3D hype train to put Lucas in my avatar and I even changed my user title. Lucas being in is big for me.

Coolest:

Goofiest:

Hippest:
So many to choose... In terms of design, I love Ghost of Starman (even if they're pure evil to fight), Fobby/Foppy, Diamond Dog, Sky Yddet (see GoS), Cattle Snake, Einswein (also that pun), and probably a ton of others I am forgetting.
After seeing Lucas and actually managing to pre-order a Ness amiibo, I feel like I should pick up Earthbound again.

...Then I remember that I also want to play through the Wonderful 101, Okami, Xenoblade Chronicles, Dragon Quest 9, Final Fantasy 4, Final Fantasy 7... There just aren't enough hours in the day... Still, I might stick with Earthbound for now. From what I can remember, I just beat Master Belch and I'm trying to make it through a desert. I'm liking the game so far - it really gives you this feeling that you're on a big adventure.
Welcome to my world. I want to beat Mother 3 again and finally beat Mother 1, but I'm getting Xenoblade in a couple of weeks... And if what I hear is correct, I will be pouring plenty of time into that.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I love it. Lucas looks so much better than Brawl, and Ness looks great too.
I broke my Xenoblade 3D hype train to put Lucas in my avatar and I even changed my user title. Lucas being in is big for me.

Welcome to my world. I want to beat Mother 3 again and finally beat Mother 1, but I'm getting Xenoblade in a couple of weeks... And if what I hear is correct, I will be pouring plenty of time into that.
I had to change my Xenoblade avatar for Lucas, I'm just too hyped. Xenoblade is one of my fave games ever and yeah, it is pretty insane content wise.

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
Bomey is NOT an enemy, what are you even saying...

Amiibo rarely are as good as they look (see: Villager), so I'm not getting my hopes up >__>

My favourite enemies are probably all of the Osohe Ghosts.
Most of the more simple characters turn out fine though. Pikachu, Kirby, Sonic... I'm betting Ness and Lucas will be good.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928

Coolest:

Goofiest:

Hippest:
Coolest:

Goofiest:
(Literally a men's room sign)

Hippest:

Top Bottom