• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social PK Love - Lucas Social Thread: “Inside the mailbox was absolutely nothing”

NekoJubei

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NekoJubei
3DS FC
4425-1920-7361
Mhm there's some landing lag though I'm not sure if we're talking about the same thing. Is it just short hop -> air dodge or you guys talking about something completely different?
Ooh is basically short hop airdodge and land with no lag but Lucas gets landing lag when he does that, weirdly enough IT LOOKS like you act out once you airdodge but you still land with landing lag
This is very glitchy :v
Like short hop airdodge and then spam airdodge or an aerial

Drippy

Smash Ace
Ooh is basically short hop airdodge and land with no lag but Lucas gets landing lag when he does that, weirdly enough IT LOOKS like you act out once you airdodge but you still land with landing lag
This is very glitchy :v
Like short hop airdodge and then spam airdodge or an aerial
Ahh alright than, yea I can't try that right now since no access to Wii U but all I did was just short hop and air dodge and he lands with lag and has an animation where he's bent on his knees and his hands are like briefly on the ground.

NekoJubei

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NekoJubei
3DS FC
4425-1920-7361
OH I FOUND A WAY TO SHORT HOP AIRDODGE
Once you short hop airdodge, quickly do a back air to somehow magically cancel the landing lag
Well then lmao.

Last edited:

Andinus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kyonyuudaisuki
I sometimes love using Lucas's PSI Magnet as a quick punish for those who roll behind you.

Also using psi mag off stage to make myself face the direction I want is great, I've set up plenty of bair spikes with it.

Does anyone agree how great, yet ridiculous Lucas's recovery is? I was spiked by a Kirby at 130 percent yet still managed to pk thunder straight to the side, then pkt3 straight up.
Yeah, but it's always been that way, so many memories of coming back from the depths of hell in brawl, sometimes when I didn't even expect it. It's really fun to be able to show off a fancy recovery and surprise your opponents.

Andinus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kyonyuudaisuki
I dont mind how short it is, but 3 seconds of end lag for PK Thunder is ridiculous, especially when as a recovery option it sucks...

You have to PK Fire people away so they don't just go off and try to gimp you half the time.

This is gonna be a fight to get back to the stage until something happens, if we can't gimp with thunder without end lag, why can they? This is the worst trade off I've ever seen. We lost everything for distance.

It'd be nice if Fair and or Nair auto cancelled at least, maybe someday...
But pkt goes through people, and we have the rope snake option, and we can harass people off stage with pk freeze now or with two spiking options.. I don't think we need a buff..

Shog

Smash Ace
Did you guys saw the Victory screen with Lucas & Claus
;-;
The feels

Lord Retardus

Smash Cadet
I got my first ledge-trump to bair spike today.

On an unrelated note, earlier I was getting a bunch of actually skilled players on For Glory, including a really dang good Japanese Kirby. Now, though, I'm getting the typical spammy links and Mewtwos.

Suicidal_Donuts

Smash Ace
NNID
IfItIsntBryson
Man, Lucas is much more tough to play well than Ness. Ness feels like Lucas but put on easy mode. At least sweetspotting everything is coming natural to me because of my Zelda experience.

Sweetspotted Fair offstage = Bye.

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
Well, look at it this way. Nintendo may be planning to knock the socks off of the fans with a surprise reveal later on if only .-. .
We all know that's just false hopes LOL.

Let's face it, we might as well stop caring. Nintendo obviously does what they want, and don't care about the fans. Goes to show the joke about Mother 3 didn't mean anything, and was just practically an insult.

Meehhhhh, whatever Nintendo, whatevah's.

Last edited:

NekoJubei

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NekoJubei
3DS FC
4425-1920-7361
Um a little help here please? Is not Lucas related..well sorta
Does anyone know how to make a table sorta like this? I don't know myself I'm a scrub :p
image.jpg

Funen1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Funen1
Um a little help here please? Is not Lucas related..well sorta
Does anyone know how to make a table sorta like this? I don't know myself I'm a scrub :p
View attachment 56997
This is how to make a table on this site (get rid of the spaces in the bracketed parts, I put them there so the code shows up):

[tab le=head] Column name | Column name | ...
Entry | Entry | ...
[/ta ble]

NekoJubei

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NekoJubei
3DS FC
4425-1920-7361
TEST

Chance of getting Mother 3|Chance of getting Mother 1|RIP in
3%|100% in 20 years|pieces

Ooh it worked lol (don't take it seriously pls lol)
I'll be working on my thread now then, thanks! c:

NekoJubei

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NekoJubei
3DS FC
4425-1920-7361
Oof, this is gonna take my entire day updating my thread but I'll do anything to help our Ice cream hair boy :4lucas::4lucas:

Breadbot

Smash Cadet
Hello, I have a question for you lucas mains
I was playing with a lucas earlier and something odd happened a few times
I use ROB, and I would robo burner into his pk thunder and suddenly shoot upwards (I did not impput a jump)
I have footage of it here
It happened another time after this, however I dont have footage of it
I'm curious if you guys could explain if this is normal or not, and if it is normal explain what it is or how it works

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
Hello, I have a question for you lucas mains
I was playing with a lucas earlier and something odd happened a few times
I use ROB, and I would robo burner into his pk thunder and suddenly shoot upwards (I did not impput a jump)
I have footage of it here
It happened another time after this, however I dont have footage of it
I'm curious if you guys could explain if this is normal or not, and if it is normal explain what it is or how it works
PK Thunder has always messed with Recoveries, especially Marth and Ike lmao. It's nothing new, just be prepared to be sent at weird angles when it hits you and you're recovering.

Breadbot

Smash Cadet
PK Thunder has always messed with Recoveries, especially Marth and Ike lmao. It's nothing new, just be prepared to be sent at weird angles when it hits you and you're recovering.
ahh, alright, maybe I can find a way to use it to my advantage...that or it's gonna jank me in some weird way in a tournament haha
thank you ([^u^]

Awakining

Smash Apprentice
We all know that's just false hopes LOL.

Let's face it, we might as well stop caring. Nintendo obviously does what they want, and don't care about the fans. Goes to show the joke about Mother 3 didn't mean anything, and was just practically an insult.

Meehhhhh, whatever Nintendo, whatevah's.

Forgive me for an attempt to keep dreams alive >.>. If nothing else, wait for the 10th anniversary of Mother 3 before sinking into depression.

SuperTorn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SuperTorn
I'm not sure about you guys but downthrow, turnaround into backair sweetspot is a bigger disrespect than Ganondorf's side B lmao I could just imagine Lucas having the same face as the one in my avatar

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
I love PSI Magnet's entirety. It's great for slowing down momentum, it's a good ko move, it punishes spot/airdodges, it heals you... Is there anything it can't do?
You can wavebounce with it too for funny shenanigans. Yea, I love it!

Awakining

Smash Apprentice
You can wavebounce with it too for funny shenanigans. Yea, I love it!
Yes, it surely is great (I thought I mentioned wave bouncing though lol).

Now I feel like putting "I *heart* psi magnet" as my avatar/signature :p.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
I'm salty right now because some guy said Lucas sucks and I currently don't have a way to prove him wrong since I don't have a Wii U.

I'll wait for the tourney I will have this weekend though, I hope he's prepared to get PK rekt.

Last edited:

NekoJubei

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NekoJubei
3DS FC
4425-1920-7361
Can somebody help me?
Everytime i copy and paste my list into my Lucas kill Throw thread it shows these ugly words
image.jpg
image.jpg

I want to take it off to Make it look pretty :/

Deidara

Banned via Warnings
Damn dude, whoever said Utilt is a great OOS option is a lifesaver. it's so damn good!
also, has anyone realized that Lucas can take advantage of double PKT on the left wall on omega stages with no problem?! this is awesome =D

YouReadMyName

Smash Cadet
Ive been playing my boi Lucas and its been real hype, and I've been practicing on ladders and for glory... but I feel our hype train got ran the hell over by Roy tbh lol... his, well Roy is so good. He's got movement and speed, he fast falls, he's heavy, he has high damage output, he has combos, he has ridiculous kill power *cough* fsmash *cough* and I guess I'm just salty because Roy is so good and Luigi-like brain dead to use while I have to work so much harder to rack damage and kill.

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
Guys, I honestly don't think Lucas is good in this game, his recovery is seriously bad. Pikachu thunderbolts knock us down, people can just hit us out every time. We seriously have no priority, and we cant shorthop anything...

Plus the end lag on thunder is seriously unnecessary. I'm gonna main Lucas but I feel like it'll cripple us at times, I hope we get some sort of buff to help us out. This whole deal trying to just get back to the stage against good players is awful.

YouReadMyName

Smash Cadet
Guys, I honestly don't think Lucas is good in this game, his recovery is seriously bad. Pikachu thunderbolts knock us down, people can just hit us out every time. We seriously have no priority, and we cant shorthop anything...

Plus the end lag on thunder is seriously unnecessary. I'm gonna main Lucas but I feel like it'll cripple us at times, I hope we get some sort of buff to help us out. This whole deal trying to just get back to the stage against good players is awful.
When I doubt just rope snake, its easy to mix up his recovery. You can also go low since pk2 wall tech is a thing. Just aim for the wall for your first pkt2, then most people think you are dead, then just hit the second one up to ride up the wall and you recover.

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
When I doubt just rope snake, its easy to mix up his recovery. You can also go low since pk2 wall tech is a thing. Just aim for the wall for your first pkt2, then most people think you are dead, then just hit the second one up to ride up the wall and you recover.
Trust me I know about that, but when you get sent below stage and your recovery cant be helped but to go at a certain angle, you're kinda screwed.

I know all about the techs thus far, hopefully we find something that can help us further.

YouReadMyName

Smash Cadet
Trust me I know about that, but when you get sent below stage and your recovery cant be helped but to go at a certain angle, you're kinda screwed.

I know all about the techs thus far, hopefully we find something that can help us further.
Yeah, I've always thought about having pk freeze w/o special fall, but that's a wish... omg just think b reverse no special fall pk freeze

NekoJubei

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NekoJubei
3DS FC
4425-1920-7361
We can always use PSI Magnet to Air Stall to screw up with the opponent's edgeguard timing
Im pretty sure nobody does this but we can use wavebounce PK Fires too
Also i really love PK Freeze for Frame Traps and if they get it, i can just do a couple of PK Freeze chains or if they are at high percent, i can Just finish them off with a hilarious PKT2 :p

Last edited:

prOAPC

Smash Lord
I hate to say this, but I don't see Lucas outside Low Tier.
Pros:
+ throws: one for combos, the other 3 for killing
+ bair spike is easy to hit with
+ wavebouncing still possible
+ Zair

Cons:
- no autocancel aerials
- damage reduced in general
- knockback on fair/ftilt sourspot are non-existant
- too many recovery frames on PKT1
- hard to hit with full hop dair, its range got nerfed
- imo nair is his best aerial, but when your opponent learns to shield all 5 hits you will get punished
- most "ATs" (glitches) from Brawl are gone
- I think his short hop and full hop were reduced, before a sh nair was autocancelled and with a fh dair you had enough time to use a second jump, even a footstool

Right now I'm uploading a set vs a former Roy main (Melee and PM), hope you enjoy it.
I'll give Lucas one more try, if I don't see him as fun as in Brawl, I'll stay with Mii brawler

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
Pros:
+ Zair

Cons:
- no autocancel aerials
- imo nair is his best aerial, but when your opponent learns to shield all 5 hits you will get punished
- I think his short hop and full hop were reduced, before a sh nair was autocancelled and with a fh dair you had enough time to use a second jump, even a footstool

Right now I'm uploading a set vs a former Roy main (Melee and PM), hope you enjoy it.
I'll give Lucas one more try, if I don't see him as fun as in Brawl, I'll stay with Mii brawler
I hate to say it but I've been preaching this, I agree, he needs something and the end lag on his stuff is awful. However he does have combos

Last edited:

Suicidal_Donuts

Smash Ace
NNID
IfItIsntBryson
Pros:
+ Zair

Cons:
- no autocancel aerials
PKT1 needs its endlag reduced, and PKT2 needs more priority. There are several situations where I really would like to use the move, but half the time it's not worth it if I can get punished so easily. You guys have already said enough about PKT2 being knocked out by everything, so I guess I don't need to mention anything there.

Lucas has great potential, there are just a few things that are really setting him back. He's also a much more complex character than say, Roy, which is more than likely why some braindead Roys have an easier time winning when they started out as opposed to us. Once the ins and outs of him have been fully established in this game and we know several strategies for each occasion and matchup, then I think then we can decide where's placed on the tier list. I will agree though that he does feel pretty lacking despite his strengths.

Drippy

Smash Ace
I thought I'd repost this since I know not everyone checks the other thread. I'm debating on doing another one but this takes hours to do cause I have to test it on every character and redo it multiple times to make sure I'm not just messing up the timing or something.

Finally finished the complete list and this took me forever. I practiced this on Lvl 7 CPUs in training mode so no rage accounted for and I'm not sure if CPUs use directional influence or not so can't say must for that. I actually only put the CPUs on "Attack"half way through until I stopped doing it to save time because I realized that it didn't really change my results and worked regardless if it was on "Stop" or "Attack". To help you understand the list, basically the reason why it says both sides is because for some character such as Mario, if Lucas is on the left side of the character (thus facing right) then it would work say 2% higher then compared if he was on the right side of the character (facing left). For the ledges, you have to stand all the way on the end of the ledge and for some reason that greatly affects as to what percents this combo can keep working. It could be useless and it could be really useful, I'm not sure but I thought it'd be something I would just add in for fun anyways. I didn't test this with customs so I'm not sure how it'd work for Hyper Monado Arts Shulk or different weight Mii Fighters. I just used Default Mii Fighters (their size when you make them in the Mii Maker) because most often only Default Mii Fighters are enabled in a non-custom environment. You guys are free to test it out on different size Miis or Hyper Monado Arts to add onto the list but I'm to lazy to do it as this list took forever.

Working Percents: Down Throw -> Up Tilt
Mario: 26% (facing right), 24% (facing left). (97% on left ledge, 96% on right ledge)
Luigi: 14% (facing right), 13% (facing left). (97% on left ledge, 96% on right ledge)
Peach: 86% both sides (126% on ledges)
Bowser: 85% facing right, 87% facing left. (Ledge doesn't affect it)
Yoshi: 78% both sides (116% on ledges)
Rosalina: 52% both sides (111% on ledges)
Bowser Jr: Doesn't work at any percent (112% on ledges)
Wario: 45% on both sides (71% on ledges)
Donkey Kong: 62% both sides (139% on ledges)
Diddy Kong: 62% both sides (Ledge doesn't affect it)
Game & Watch: 51% both sides (81% on ledges)
Little Mac: 64% both sides (122% on sides)
Link: 68% both sides (135% on ledges)
Zelda: 78% both sides (115% on ledges)
Sheik: 63% both sides (131% on ledges and kills)
Ganondorf: 3% both sides (25% on ledges)
Toon Link: 66% both sides (98% on ledges)
Samus: 131% both sides (174% on ledges and kills)
Zero Suit Samus: 22% both sides (Ledge doesn't affect it)
Pit: 74% both sides (136% on ledges)
Palutena: 73% both sides (116% on ledges)
Marth: 99% both sides (144% on ledges and kills)
Ike: 49% both sides (146% on ledges)
Robin: 108% both sides (155% on ledges)
Duck Hunt Duo: 54% (facing right), 55% (facing left). (90% on ledges)
Kirby: 32% (facing right), 33% (facing left). (Ledges doesn't affect it)
King Dedede: 66% both sides (170% on ledges and kills)
Metaknight: 73% both sides (106% on ledges)
Fox: 55% both sides (107% on ledges)
Falco: 67% both sides (99% on ledges)
Pikachu: 65% both sides (84% on ledges)
Charizard: 103% both sides (Ledges doesn't affect it)
Lucario: 41% both sides (92% on ledges)
Jigglypuff: 35% both sides (Ledges doesn't affect it)
Greninja: 81% (facing right), 80% (facing left). (142% left ledge, 143% right ledge and kills)
R.O.B.: 101% both sides (Ledges doesn't affect it)
Ness: 51% both sides (89% on ledges)
Captain Falcon: 71% both sides (146% on ledges)
Villager: 76% both sides (118% on ledges)
Olimar: 62% both sides (Ledges doesn't affect it)
Wii Fit Trainer: 83% both sides (134% on ledges)
Shulk: 55% both sides (140% on ledges)
Jump Monado Shulk: 106% both sides (181% on ledges)
Shield Monado Shulk: 117% both sides (194% on ledges)
Smash Monado Shulk: 26% both sides (104% on ledges)
Dr.Mario: 26% (facing right), 24% (facing left). (97% left ledge, 96% right ledge)
Dark Pit: 74% both sides (136% on ledges)
Lucina: 98% both sides (142% on ledges)
Pac-Man: 49% (facing right), 50% (facing left). (79% on ledges)
Mega Man: 70% (facing right), 68% (facing left). (118% on ledges)
Sonic: 30% both sides (Ledges doesn't affect anything)
Mewtwo: 51% both sides (88% on ledges)
Lucas: 51% both sides (89% on ledges)
Roy: 102% both sides (148% on ledges)
Ryu: 62% (facing right), 59% (facing left). (144% on ledges)
Default Mii Fighters: 49% both sides (99% on ledges)

Top Bottom