• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PK SAMUS *bzzt*

Uffe

Smash Hero
Link to original post: [drupal=570]PK SAMUS *bzzt*[/drupal]

Rule of thumb for all Ness mains -
When knocked off the stage, use your PSI Magnet (PSIM) as a stall and recovery. If you can't get close enough to the stage, though you should be inching towards it and avoiding your opponent, use your second jump and your PK Jibaku (aka PKT2) if/when necessary. But don't be hasty! Save your second jump because Ness' second jump is pretty good. Another thing is that with your second jump you can also airdodge. Don't be afraid to do this! Your jump will not decrease if you do this.

Ness shouldn't be falling below the stage level. I'm not saying under it as in "look, I'm Pit and I can fly under Final Destination," either. If this happens, it's not because you suck but perhaps the way you were hit by a certain attack. It's not the end of the world, though! Remember what I said before. However if you're close enough to the blast zone below, you're most likely screwed.

PK Thunder variety -
There are things you can do with PK Thunder. In its start up frame you can move the PKT a bit towards you before actually circling it to Ness' backside. This is useful because if your opponent gets close to you while you make an attempt to do this, it will probably zap them. Did you know that the PK Thunder tail can sustain Kirby's Stone attack? Yeah, I didn't know this, either. However during a battle I remember pulling this off against a Kirby main. This saved me from getting hit as I struck myself to put myself at a distance.

When you use your PK Thunder (PKT) you can trick your opponent(s). The most popular one is using your PKT and making a clockwise circle and then hitting your opponent. Your opponent will either shield, spotdodge, airdodge or whatever they usually do. If you do this, your opponent will be caught off guard. You can make an attempt to hit them or you can just not hit them to see how they react. If you want you can also use your PKT and fly it over them and strike them from behind.

There are many strategies with PK Thunder. Find out some tricks, make some up, use them to your advantage. Ness' PKT2 can kill his opponents at a low percentage. I think we can all agree that 40% is the earliest he can kill his opponents with PKT2. They won't die at 40%, but it's good enough anyway because PKT2 does I think about 26%. So add the 40 to 26 and you get 66% which is still early for a character to die. But since the PKT2 has an awesome knock back, it can kill.

Physical attack vs PSI -
Ness doesn't rely on his PSI* like Lucas does. Where you expecting more info out of this? It's common knowledge. Fine. Ness' PK** Thunder does 8% fresh. His PK Fire, well that depends on what angle you're using it. If you strike from above it'll probably do more than his PK Fire from the side. Ness' attacks are pretty strong, too. Did you know I found a combo that is pretty hard to pull off but lands about 60%? Of course you didn't.

You know what the best part is? It's all physical attack and no PSI used. Also, keep in mind that Ness is aggressive. That's not relevant, but I thought I'd go ahead and point that out anyway.

PSI* - Not really sure what it stands for, but it's pronounced Pee Ess Eye. Another term for it is psionic. PSI is PK. Different names, probably similar if not the same definition.

PK** - This stands for psychokenetic or psychokenesis.

Top Bottom