• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PKT2 Idea:

Player -0

Smash Hero
So I'm not a Ness main or anything but I had an idea that abuses PK Thunder staying out after getting hit.
Basically the main idea is that you throw out a PK thunder and then let's say a Fox came up to you and began charging Up Smash. So if you "angle" the PK thunder above you technically could you punish the Fox? This idea works on the basis that PK Thunder stays out after you get hit while using it and if you run into PK Thunder it'll launch you into PK Thunder 2.
Being clear -
1. Use PK Thunder and direct it into the direction that the opponent will be launching you
2. Opponent launches you
3. PK Thunder bounces you back
4. Opponent goes flying

Keep in mind that I have no tested this so I have no idea if it works (I probably should but haven't had the time recently).

Nido

ily Sebby
No, if you hit the PKT1 head after being hit you will get punished still with a nair or something worse on top of the damage from the head, if you hit the tail nothing really happens maybe 1% and it's back to a neutralish position.

Player -0

Smash Hero
No, if you hit the PKT1 head after being hit you will get punished still with a nair or something worse on top of the damage from the head, if you hit the tail nothing really happens maybe 1% and it's back to a neutralish position.
Can you explain this? I'm not sure what you're trying to say.

Nido

ily Sebby
After the fox up smashes you, you will hit a 'neutral' pk thunder 1, when the pk thunder 1 is neutral, you can hit it with the effects as if you had directed it into your opponent. Therefore, you will not enter pk thunder 2 and will just hit it and get punished again for trying it.

Example: http://www.twitch.tv/bryonato/c/2652257

See how Bryon doesn't enter pk thunder 2 after making contact with the neutral pk thunder 1? That is what I'm explaining to you.

Player -0

Smash Hero
After the fox up smashes you, you will hit a 'neutral' pk thunder 1, when the pk thunder 1 is neutral, you can hit it with the effects as if you had directed it into your opponent. Therefore, you will not enter pk thunder 2 and will just hit it and get punished again for trying it.

Example: http://www.twitch.tv/bryonato/c/2652257

See how Bryon doesn't enter pk thunder 2 after making contact with the neutral pk thunder 1? That is what I'm explaining to you.
I see what you're saying. That's extremely disappointing, I hope they change that.

Nido

ily Sebby
But what for you're describing, you would need the hardest read in existence and for the PKT1 not to run out before the Usmash charges AND position your DI to move into the head at the EXACT angle to get fox before he shields it.

It's not a useful idea imo.

Top Bottom