• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Plairnkk's Guide to playing Sheik! Icies vid up 3/23/07

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Zelda can smash DI out of it, and Sheik can be chain grabbed without the dair.

Zelda has a good chance against the ICs just because all of her smash attacks are multi-hitting and push away except for her d-smash, which is excellent in killing nana. The toe is wonderful, her side-B and neutral B both do well to get rid of nana safely, and her dair cna be used as a spike against a recovering nana.

On platform stages, Sheik has a good chance, but on FD I'd just go Zelda.
zelda does worse against icies than sheik, imo. the reverse dair CG CAN'T be smash di'd out of. Zelda is predictable and a good IC will **** that even harder than a sheik. Ban Fd against icies, bottom line.

TomH

Smash Journeyman
IC can infinate grab without the Dair if my understanding is correct. check Cyphus's explaination...something about grab, B down, punch....something...

and IC get ***** by projectiles, so just needle spam and nana gets *****.

edit: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=87036 here's the post about the infinate. Even though i suck at smash, i clearly read the forums too much >_<

anyway, they dont even need to be desynched to start the infinate grab., and there is nothing you can do to get out of it. so who can get out of the infinate between zelda and shiek is...no one.

Falco probably owns IC... laser spam ftw.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
if you notice, i didn't put anybody above 90. Putting it at 100 would be to say, no matter how bad the sheik player is, he will beat the link player now matter how good they are.

Tis not the case at all, in any matchup. Link still has some nice combos on sheik he can land that are the only thing putting it from 90%(highest) to 85%. :p

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Wouldn't a Sheik ditto be 100% in Sheik's favor since Sheik will always win?
OMG I WIN ZEE GAMEE!

Nurok

Smash Lord
I hate you for putting those old vids up of my newbish falco that isnt as technical now =(
and i gave up my old color... now its blue!

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
This guide would be good if you didn't suck, Plairnkk ;)

LOL @ Marth being 55% and same with Doc and Mario. Honestly, if you want the guide to get stickied, make the numbers right. If it's that even of a matchup(Marth vs Shiek) then why does Marth lose 95% of the time?

Plus, you have Peach @ 50% when you menstrated 2 months ago because I said it was dead even and you insisted Shiek had the upper hand(which I now realize SHiek does have like a 65% advantage, so we're both morons).

Please learn how to play the easiest character in the game.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero

LOL @ Marth being 55% and same with Doc and Mario. Honestly, if you want the guide to get stickied, make the numbers right. If it's that even of a matchup(Marth vs Shiek) then why does Marth lose 95% of the time?

Plus, you have Peach @ 50% when you menstrated 2 months ago because I said it was dead even and you insisted Shiek had the upper hand(which I now realize SHiek does have like a 65% advantage, so we're both morons).

Lmfao ***** I see a fight FIGHT FIGHT I got plairrnk lemme take bets

Plairnkk

Smash Legend

lol try keeping the spam out of here, doodah. Numbers are subjective, as are opinions. I've had a lot more experience in those matchups than you, though. Marth can do very well against sheik if the Marth knows how to play the matchup. However, very few marths really do know how to play it. You can't just fair spam or chaingrab, all Marth really has to do is ***** grabs, throw Sheik off the edge, and do grab combos. Watch Azen, Km, Husband, PC, they know what theyre doing against Sheik with Marth.

Sheik definitely is doesn't have a 65% on peach. IMO it's about 55% in Peach's favor, but most the pros are insisting it's even, if not slightly in Peach's favor. So i'm keeping it as is.

If she was the easiest char in the game, you'd see her winning MLGS. However, until the community is overrun by the top players all playing sheik (oh wait, that's marth and fox), stop whining about sheik, lol.

Overall, my knowledge is pretty much for valuable and objective than yours. I play often with azen/chillin/chu/km/husband/wife/g-reg/chinesahh/kaiser/kirbstir/aho just to name a few, while you play often with...?????

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Oh and sorry people i've been very busy lately, worked 40 hours last week and a lot of smash. I'll be updating soon though.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
I'm not trying to argue with people. Ganon/link obviously isn't as bad, as he can 0-75 chainthrow sheik into an aerial where link has NO combos. At least ganon has SOME sort of retaliation. Besides, it's not a completely lost cause, bushman ***** drephen's **** most the time. ;)

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
Plairnkk you really are a n00b, and you have no idea what you're talking about.

Just because you think pros think something, doesn't mean they say it.

Shiek never loses in priority battles. WHich is why Sheik>>>>>>Peach.

You lost to noucles. NOUCLES.

You have Marth being just as hard to play against as the Mario's. Hmmm, you must really suck.

You truly are a pathetic piece of ****.

I'll leave you alone in this thread and not post anything else. This way n00b Shieks can go about sucking(just like you).

Xeorogue

Smash Ace

You have Marth being just as hard to play against as the Mario's. Hmmm, you must really suck.

I'll leave you alone in this thread and not post anything else. This way n00b Shieks can go about sucking(just like you).
oh god i love the internet.

Shmooguy

Smash Champion
Would it be asking too much for M2K to input his own opinions?

The only thing I see wrong with Plairnkk's guide so far is the percentages, which will always be debatable.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
lol@doodah, i wasn't even good when i went to FL, that was like 5 months ago and i had only been playing for like 4. Go post in your own biased opinions characters threads. Everytime i see you post you are whining about sheik or marth. Learn how to beat them instead of whining.

@shmooguy, you can ask if you want but m2k usually has silly opinions. If they want to make a guide, they can make their own. None of the numbers are to be perfect, i didn't spend an hour on each. It's just generalizing, you can't generalize an entire matchup into a number perfectly, there's too much to it.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero

You sensitive e-thugs, you all need e-hugs.

Shmooguy

Smash Champion
Plairnkk, I don't know how you took it, but I meant that the only thing I disagree with are the matchup percentages, but since everyone will always have differing opinions on each matchup, it can never really be correct.

None of the numbers are to be perfect, i didn't spend an hour on each. It's just generalizing, you can't generalize an entire matchup into a number perfectly, there's too much to it.
Exactly.

@shmooguy, you can ask if you want but m2k usually has silly opinions. If they want to make a guide, they can make their own.
I didn't mean for him to add to your guide, I just wanted to see what his opinion was. Nobody's opinion is really correct all the time, so by hearing more opinions and by putting them together collectively with my own, I can form a better idea of what's going on. I haven't read any comment of M2K's that I've disagreed with thus far; in fact, some comments of his that I've read have been quite useful. If it seems weird, it is probably just because things work a bit differently at that uber high level of play.

Also, update this. Hopefully you'll get more free time in the near future.

Drephen

Smash Master
lol DooDah is funny (he sits on a throne of lies)

i think m2k checks every thread on smashboards (just doesnt post often)

plairnkk good job with the guide, good place for beginners to start (even though this game is pretty much over with)

peach vs sheik is even, sheik has a slight advantage over marth (marth has just gotta play different)

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
thanks dreph, thats who im trying to help (beginners) cuz they always come on here and ask for stuff. im off work tomorrow so ill prolly update some and ill be recording some!!

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
It's futile, Cort. Peach is my slave for all time. Just start training your pichu vs fox and try to beat KDJ.

±wì§+ë®

Smash Journeyman
Awesome guide, Plairnkk. Even those who aren't noobs can appreiciate the informative insight the guide has to offer. But I had just one question. I know how to "stall" off onto the edge of the stage, but I don't know how to continue to do it back and forth. Could you share with the class, please? Thnx much.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
what do you mean, exactly? Back and forth?

If you just mean the ledge stall it's "down, immediate up+b, down at the right time and release."

darkatma

Smash Hero
i think he means he know how to upB onto ledge FROM the stage, but he doesn't know how to infinite on the ledge :p

And yea follow plainrkk's suggestion above :p I think that's what you wanted

darkatma

Smash Hero
yea i just read the updates :p

Can you add a part about DIing marth's throws? because marth's throws can be deadly on sheik if sheik DI's wrong. Fthrow and Bthrow can lead to perfect tippers, so if you can elaborate on DIing marth grabs , that'd be great!

great guide so far

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Yes now I at least know SOMETHING about how to deal with Samus.One of my mates switched to Samus and he's starting to worry me.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
here let me summarize winning with sheik

1) shield

2) they attack your shield, you shield wavedash

3) grab (occasionally down smash)

this is especially effective against Samus. Fair -> Shield they down smash right away trying to hit you -> shield wavedash -> grab. That's the basics to beating Samus with Sheik. It's really quite a 1-sided match.

Edit - Plair come on, Sheik's bair is obviously 14% not 13% come on step it up.

Here let me summarize Sheik vs Sheik.

1) bait them into Fairing your shield

2) wait for either a jab or dodge which 90% of people do immediately afterwords

3) shield + CC grab, ull either grab after the dodge or CC the jab then grab immediately.

now enemy sheik is screwed. If the enemy sheik chooses to Fair -> grab right away or Fair -> roll or Fair -> down smash, then this doesn't work, but this is a good strategy to START with anyway, since most everyone either jabs or dodges right away, expecting an immediate shield grab.

Sheik vs Fox

1) hop back fair/bair when you expect them to come at you (or react to them coming at you)

2) dash dance pivot grab when you expect them to come at you (or react to them coming at you)

3) WD back to F tilt when you expect them to come at you (basically anything that will be defensive with sheik will **** fox)

4) a lot of CC down smash spam

5) needle camp them if they keep lasering, and shoot the needles to hit them all at once when they land (trust me Jack did it to me a lot at OC2, it works quite well)

6) back throw then dash off and double jump rising nair

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
wtfux m2k i swore it was 13% T.T im sorry

im sorry everyone i've let you all down

And yeah, wd out of shield is so important for sheik against every char. i suggest if you can't do it learn to right now! ;D

±wì§+ë®

Smash Journeyman
what do you mean, exactly? Back and forth?

If you just mean the ledge stall it's "down, immediate up+b, down at the right time and release."
I meant like hanging on the edge and continuously doing it. So, it's "precise timing" sort of thing. Thnx. I guess I'll try that when I get home from work...back to the fields, I mean...sales floor. ;/

Top Bottom