• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Play 2 Win] Competitive Community Podcast (SMASH BACKROOM DISCUSSION - EPISODE 12)

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Could we do it Saturday night?

REASONS
I'm playing the game all day saturday at vidjo's tournament so I can finally have some real impressions.
I can only record on weekends, so Friday is my earliest day otherwise.
Setting it a day or two in advance makes it easier for people to set aside time in their schedules.

RDK

Smash Hero
That is, if RDK ever get's online at the times he says he will -_-
Could we do it Saturday night?

REASONS
I'm playing the game all day saturday at vidjo's tournament so I can finally have some real impressions.
I can only record on weekends, so Friday is my earliest day otherwise.
Setting it a day or two in advance makes it easier for people to set aside time in their schedules.
Yes, I know, this is primarily my fault. It's just that this past week has been SUPER busy for me both family-wise and school-wise.

Saturday seems good, but we'll play it by ear and see how it goes. I just got an interesting PM from Gimpy regarding the podcast. :)

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
RDK, I'd suggest changing your sig if you don't want to suggest some sort of "podcast rivalry."

RDK

Smash Hero
RDK, I'd suggest changing your sig if you don't want to suggest some sort of "podcast rivalry."
Nothing wrong with a little healthy competition. :)

And I didn't make it, if you were wondering.

SiD

Smash Master
*Puts on a random guy who's always right costume*

This is the best podcast evar, especially compared to SMYN!

*Dissapears*

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I'm stopped off at a big pilot gas station on my way home from the tourney. I can reecird by like 1230 I think, I'm not too far now, just needed some coffee and gas to make the last part of the drive.

Erik McLennan

Smash Cadet
I listened to the most recent podcast from you guys, and I must say, though I am extremely excited for brawl, and just about anything brawl gets me really pumped up.....you guys are all extremely dull! No excitement whatsoever, almost no inflection in your voices at all! Slow speaking too....this isn't even an insult, it's just straight fact. You guys should try to find some passion in your lives!

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
You shouldn't speak passionately because it destroys your impartialty when talking factually about something. How bout you come on the podcast and show us how its done LOL.

Erik McLennan

Smash Cadet
You shouldn't speak passionately because it destroys your impartialty when talking factually about something. How bout you come on the podcast and show us how its done LOL.
Impartiality? Even if you think you're speaking without bias, you aren't. It's not possible for a human, straight up :p That's why I believe it's better to speak with full passion, really enjoy whatever you're doing/speaking about, and just be aware of your biases. If you're constantly trying to eliminate them, you're just going to end up dull, and confused (Trust me, I've tried!)

I'd love to join the podcast, seriously! I don't have a mic, but I'd go out and buy one if you guys wanted me to join in :D

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
it was more of a passionate jab at you LOL.

And for the next recording I have some good material concerning the future of the competitive scene.

And dedede is awesome.

SiD

Smash Master
Rather than talk like some ******* reverend or something, I talk like a regular person. That doesn't make me not passionate.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Erik you should start your own podcast then. All you need is a 7 dollar mic and a free download of audacity and you'll be on your way to delivering your passionate smash sermons!

We never promise showmanship, we promise a no-bull look at the competitive side of brawl.

Erik McLennan

Smash Cadet
Erik you should start your own podcast then. All you need is a 7 dollar mic and a free download of audacity and you'll be on your way to delivering your passionate smash sermons!

We never promise showmanship, we promise a no-bull look at the competitive side of brawl.
Just wait man, that 7$ is burning a hole in my pocket now :chuckle:

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
You know what Erik, I like you. We should have a debate over something and make it like an easter egg to the next podcast.

Come up with a topic pertaining to smash, get a mic, and ILL THROW DOWN THE GAUNTLET, LETS DO THIS!!!

lol.

Erik McLennan

Smash Cadet
You know what Erik, I like you. We should have a debate over something and make it like an easter egg to the next podcast.

Come up with a topic pertaining to smash, get a mic, and ILL THROW DOWN THE GAUNTLET, LETS DO THIS!!!

lol.
I say we go straight for the guts of it all - let's debate what the metagame is gonna shape up to be in the initial era of competitive brawl. A DUEL THIS IS!!

I'll have a mic by next weekend at the latest :p ph33r

RDK

Smash Hero
Love the grammar mistake in your signature RDK.
Remember the old SEGA commercials way back during the Nintendo / SEGA wars? That's where I got it from. The bad grammar is intentional.

And about how dull-sounding I am:

I mean I know I'm not the most enthusiastic-sounding guy on the face of the Earth, but at least I a pretty good orator and know what I'm talking about. I'd rather not be some people I'm not going to name, who are all show and no substance.

And that's why I try and have Buzz on the podcast as much as possible. He's a good speaker AND he knows what he's talking about.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Yeah, me and McLennan have to have our debate, plus I have to give my impressions of brawl before the release. I could do a quick episode tonight and help with some of the editing if we can get rdk/buzz.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
It seems pretty difficult to reach RDK though, since he asked if I could be on the show as a tribute to SMYN. I tried to be accommodating in my times this week, letting him know via PM, but to no avail...

I would be glad to be on the show, trust me, but it really takes some organization to pull it off...

RDK

Smash Hero
I'm REALLY sorry about how late I'm getting this episode out right now, but it was a ***** to edit seeing as how it was so long. I'm collaborating with Buzz as we speak to get it uploaded to our servers.

And a personal apology to Youko. I haven't been able to do our segment much this week, but we can do one tonight or tomorrow night. What time are you available?

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
LOL. Ardee, I'm not mad or anything. I personally don't care how long you take to edit. I understand. I was just making a joke.

Either way, I'm glad to hear that it's done. And yes, I know it was long as hell with a million tangents in it. BECAUSE SOMEONE WASN'T THERE FOR IT!!!!!!! (I'm looking at you, Wolfy).

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
tonight after midnight por favor? i can record tonight.

RDK, is there anyway i can give you my cell # so you can call me in the future if you are planning on recording and im not on, or something?

RDK

Smash Hero
When you posting the video, RDK? Not trying to rush you, just curious.
For some reason, Rapidshare is down, and Buzz hasn't been on all day.

I suppose I'll just FTP the file to the server myself.

Also, I added the special segment to Episode 5. I think the fans will like it. ;)

Top Bottom