• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Play as...Stages?

NeonTogepi

Smash Journeyman
I believe it is possible to play as stages, but I would perfer someone else test the theory otherwise I'll test it tommorow (homework and stuff).
Anyway, I believe it is possible to, perhaps, play as stages. Yes, stages. The reason for this is i was able to replace palkia with bowser, so i believe bowser could be replaced with palkia, and, if so, could bowser be replaceable with whole stages themselves? Could we be playing as battlefield? The halberd? The cars from the F-zero stage? The ship from Rainbow Cruise?

Tis would be fun, eh?

If someone would test this theory for me, that would be great.

P.S. reason i used bowser was similar body size and low amount of textures.

Hyesz

Smash Journeyman
Rofl. Replacing Palkia with Jigglypuff sounds fun.

But I'd prolly Brawl as 75m if this works.

pokelover980

Smash Ace
Well, you can't Brawl as FD. I tried it, freezes accompanied by the B note. I'll try stage characters like Palkia tomorrow.

Thunderspam

Smash Journeyman
Stage characters usually don't work either. I think someone might have gotten Dialga working, but I have tried Knuckles, and Tom Nook and gotten no love.

Night-san

Smash Journeyman
Dear Raptor Jesus.
...Playing as Flat Zone's hazards would be fun, as much as I dislike the stage. x3

phantomphungus

Smash Journeyman
I want to play as... uh... I forgot his name.... the dude in the back of the electric form of PKMN stadium 2... like... electrolyte or something. It's been a LOOOOONG time since I played my copy of Diamond, as you can tell. Electabuzz? No, that's the previous form...

NeonTogepi

Smash Journeyman
Well, you can't Brawl as FD. I tried it, freezes accompanied by the B note. I'll try stage characters like Palkia tomorrow.
Darn.
I think that's what he meant.
Nope.
I want to play as... uh... I forgot his name.... the dude in the back of the electric form of PKMN stadium 2... like... electrolyte or something. It's been a LOOOOONG time since I played my copy of Diamond, as you can tell. Electabuzz? No, that's the previous form...
It's electrivire.

Also, @ the tom nook guy, i swear i saw that someone got tom nook working.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Ok, I just got an image in my head of FD's platform standing up straight, distorted into a vaguely humanshape form with legs and arms, standing in Captain Falcon's idle stance.

I don't know whether to laugh or go =/

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
That could be a mode all in it's own!

Make everyone unable to hit each other and one player controls the hazards in an attempt to kill everyone. If they survive they win if they don't the 4th player wins.

Horselover

Smash Rookie
Top Tier
75m
Flatzone 2
Mario Bros
Spear Pillar

Mid Tier
Halberd
Pictochat
Pirate Ship

Low Tier
Corneria
Green Greens

What the **** am I doing tier
Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville

Leon2457

Smash Rookie
I set the Arwing from Lylat Cruise as a Kirby Hat (since the Arwing is a seperate model)
so, I think this is possible, and rather silly (in a good way of course)

LordshadowRagnarok

Smash Journeyman
Top Tier
75m
Flatzone 2
Mario Bros
Spear Pillar
Norfair
Rumble Falls

Mid Tier
Halberd
Pictochat
Pirate Ship
Brinstar
Jungle Japes
Frigate Orpheon

Low Tier
Corneria
Green Greens
Big Blue
Port Town Aero Drive
Hanenbow

What the **** am I doing tier
Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Only scrubs use spear pillar. Spear pillar doesn't deserve to be top tier. Any n00b can reverse people's controls. Real pros play as Frigate Orpheon and kill them with the flip.

Also, helped that for you.

Pinutk

Smash Cadet
I like boses better maybe even play as assist trophies could be cool if we could hack em and give em more moves.

dessert fox5

Smash Cadet
...are we talking about two mini FD's fighting each other on a normal FD? or is this a totally different concept I'm not grasping?

kupo15

Smash Hero
I think it would be cool if you could control the stage hazards as the character itself similar to that of LoZ 4 swords multiplayer.

Volt7x

Smash Journeyman
Does this mean we can play on characters too?

No items.
Final Destination only.
Fox?

pokelover980

Smash Ace
For those who keep asking if we can play as the STAGES, no. Read on the first (maybe second, I can't remember) page, I posted that is doesn't work. It may be possible to play as the stage hazards like Palkia, though. I'm actually going to try that right now.

EDIT: Semi-success! You can play as his model, but no body parts move. I need to rename some bones still. When I'm done, I'm starting Project Palkia.

EDIT EDIT:

We are never allowed to speak of this failure again. I'm fixing it up a tad bit more to ensure it doesn't lose it's head.

phantomphungus

Smash Journeyman
For those who keep asking if we can play as the STAGES, no. Read on the first (maybe second, I can't remember) page, I posted that is doesn't work. It may be possible to play as the stage hazards like Palkia, though. I'm actually going to try that right now.

EDIT: Semi-success! You can play as his model, but no body parts move. I need to rename some bones still. When I'm done, I'm starting Project Palkia.

EDIT EDIT:

We are never allowed to speak of this failure again. I'm fixing it up a tad bit more to ensure it doesn't lose it's head.
I don't know what to say. Is it hideous, or beautiful? Hideously beautiful?

pokelover980

Smash Ace
I don't know what to say. Is it hideous, or beautiful? Hideously beautiful?
It's hideous :U

To point out ALL of the things that went wrong:
-His hands are INSIDE his arm, about half way up.
-His head and neck are gone (which looks scary when grabbing)
-The bottom part of his legs are his feet
-His arms are sideways
-His wing thingies are really odd shaped now

Top Bottom