• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Play N Trade Singles 5/8

Tong

Smash Rookie
Tournament date & Time: Sunday, May 8th at 6:00pm-11:00pm

Place: Play N Trade Tampa
12925 N. Dale Mabry Hwy
Tampa, FL 33618

This is a free tournament to enter.

General Gameplay Rules
1.3 Stocks
2.8 Minute Time Limit
3.Items set to "Off" and "None"
4.All infinites are legal.
5.Meta Knight's Infinite Cape Glitch and Extended Cape Glitch are banned.
6.There is a Ledge Grab Limit of 35 for Meta Knight and 50 for all other characters. If a game goes to time and one player goes over the Ledge Grab Limit for their character, they will automatically lose the game. If both players exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then this rule is ignored.
7.The act of stalling is banned: stalling is intentionally making the game unplayable: Such as becoming invisible, continuing infinites past 300%, and reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you.
8.Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
9.If the Ledge Grab Limit does not declare one player the winner, the winner will be declared by what the game says in all situations, except for when players are presented with sudden death:
◦In the event of a match going to time, the winner will be determined by who has less percent (stock difference still takes priority but will be shown in the results screen).
◦If the match ends with both players dying at the same time (either coincidentally or via suicide move) or if time ran out with both players at equal percent, a one stock three minute rematch will be played on the same stage. For a tie-breaker match, a Ledge Grab Limit of 13 is used for Meta Knight, and 18 for all other characters.

Double Elimination Best 2 out of 3. 3 out of 5 for Winner's, Loser's, and Grand Finals.

Neutral Stages
Battlefield - Final Destination - Smashville

Counterpick Stages
Yoshi's Island - Castle Siege - Lylat Cruise - Delfino Plaza - Pokemon Stadium 1 - Halberd - Pictochat - Brinstar - Norfair - Frigate Orpheon

Prizes
1st: $60 Gift Card
2nd: $30 Gift Card
3rd: $20 Gift Card

Will also be a bonus $20 Cash reward to any players who place in the top 3 that are not ranked from our previous 2011 tourneys.

Sugarless

Smash Rookie
Hype x 10000000 8D Mr.G&W + Pikachu = Si.

Pikachu going to take the gold (version).

OverLade

Smash Hero
Special callout to anyone from Orlando or Gainesville who makes this tourney. $10 Sidebet that no unrankeds from outside Tampa make top 3 :)

OverLade

Smash Hero
Gallax? That guy is obviously too scared to come to Tampa since we know he's gonna lose to Fidel Cashflow and WakeAnBake...

ProXY GatoR

Smash Cadet
There's no reason for other people to come to this. I always win these, so it's a lost cause. Honestly, don't waste the gas.

Tong, i'll give you my address so you can just save me the drive and get the gift cards.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Salty knight? If Alex rage quits to MK and doesn't place top 7 I guarantee he will NEVER hear the end of it :troll:

OverLade

Smash Hero
**** YOU LADE
YOU KNEW I WAS BAD WHEN YOU TEAMED WITH ME. No johns.
LadeCity bro, LadeCity.
/folyfe

Edit:
AND you didn't let me go bowser either.
After we played a friendly and you used 5 stocks before I lost 1 I decided it'd be best if you didn't use a random mid tier character :awesome:

ALSO HYPE

ProXY GatoR

Smash Cadet
Me being ANY good at this game wasn't part of our deal to team though. You did it out of love, and because your name and my city sound similar. You did it for the right reasons haha.

EDIT: HYPEHYPEHYPE

OverLade

Smash Hero
LOL you're so right. Mostly out of love bro <3

Lade City 2gud. It will make a comeback someday...

Top Bottom