• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Play N Trade V - 5/16 Aurora IL

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
yeah, though i don't know if you need to bring a tv, unless you are concerned about tv lag but i'm pretty sure their tvs are fine sense they have a setting for games on the tv.

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
there should be plenty of parking, even if their parking lot is full there is plenty of places to park close to the place. parking should have no problems.

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
haha, so do i kirk.. hopefully this will be a pleasant time being my first tournament I'm actually hosting instead of just kinda helping.

SothE700k

Smash Lord
Hey MachinegunNorm, I just called my doubles partner, and he said he won't be able to show up for doubles. So I'll be coming later for singles XP

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
Hey MachinegunNorm, I just called my doubles partner, and he said he won't be able to show up for doubles. So I'll be coming later for singles XP
that sucks, doubles is so much more fun then singles for brawl. :/

probably will just be doing brackets... pools is to much trouble.. especially for the first tournament.

TheStig

Smash Lord
maybe you should make a list of people bringing wiis and brawls. cause if there are enough then i won't need to bring mine although i will probably bring a recoding setup.

Arty

Smash Lord
1st place: Arty
2nd place: Quik
3rd place: ?????
Last place: Norm

^^^^^^^^^
This is what the results are going to look like

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
an hour drive really isn't something to be complaining about for a smash tournament.. rarely you get a tournament that's closer.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Can't come to this, my parents are pissed at letting me go to Cyber Arena X last weekend for some reason :(.

(thinly veiled bump)

EDIT: Wow, I only live 1 hr and 10 min away from this :(.

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
that sucks why would they be mad about that? also this will probably happen again so don't worry too much, you'll get more chances to come.

metroid1117

Smash Master
that sucks why would they be mad about that? also this will probably happen again so don't worry too much, you'll get more chances to come.
I have no idea; I think it's because they regretted giving me permission to go because it would nurture my "addiction" to Smash :(.

anyway, what does "suicider gets the win" mean?
If you kill your opponent with a suicide technique in which both players die simultaneously (Bowsercide, Ganoncide, sometimes Kirbicide and Dedecide if the opponent doesn't break out), the person who performed the suicide gets the win. If it was by something like an Aethercide, it doesn't count as the Ike's win because the opponent didn't die at the same time as the Ike user.

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
yeah it only happens when they die at the same time, and its to prevent having to play sudden death and also because it takes "skill" to pull these off.. or just ignorance on the person getting suicided... the suicider gets the win. (sorry if that got confusing.)

goodkid

Smash Lord
I have no idea; I think it's because they regretted giving me permission to go because it would nurture my "addiction" to Smash :(.
My parents are the same way, don't think I can come either, I really wanted to show of my skills in a tourney for once, maybe after the new year:(

Kirk

Smash Champion
I don't want to be hearing any weather johns people! You're gonna come and you'll LIKE IT!

Snow is too good.

Yeah...I'm bored...what can ya do? :/

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
People lived in Chicago for how long and NOW they complain about snow? XD

This is nothing compared to the snowstorms we had back a few years ago. And I still drove in them. lol

If it wasn't for the fact that I am already going to a different tournament in Chicago, not a Brawl tourney, I would have shown up to this.

Good luck at the tourney guys and good luck with running everything Norm. See you guys next year. =D

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
thanks DK, good luck with your 3d tournament or w/e it is you were doing.. i'm pretty sure its the 3d fighter tournament.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
Gonna be hard for me to make doubles, so early. But I will probably make it for friendlies + singles.

Tink

Smash Hero
im pretty sure me and Cs ride has fronzled us and we prolly aint gonna make it any more <_<. sorry kirk....would've been fun to team.

Top Bottom