• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Played Metal Gear?

I was just wondering how many people here who play as Snake have played as him in the past... in Metal Gear Solid and onward I mean!

Please post here if you have, and seriously enjoy those awesome games :)

NoobSchoolBus

Smash Cadet
Metal Gear Solid is my favourite non-competitive game franchise. There aren't many games I'd play to learn about the story/lore but MGS is one of the only exceptions.

I've also been wanting to play Portable OPs for the longest time, but I couldn't justify getting a PSP for just one game :X

Azgner

Smash Apprentice
Snake in brawl was the only reason I bought a Wii. Surely, I always enjoyed smash brothers, but I've like metal gear a LOT more

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
I live Metal Gear...No really lol I grew up with it and think about it all the time. In fact, when my brother passed away and I wrote his eulogy, I used the theme of war from MGS4, beginning the eulogy with "War has changed."

bigmac267

Smash Cadet
I hadn't played Metal Gear before Brawl came out. However, once I tried Snake and began to enjoy playing with him in Brawl, I looked more into the character. Long story short, I've played all of the post-Metal Gear 2 games except for 4 (darn the cost of a PS3). Now, this is one of my favorite video game series.

TwentyTwo

Smash Ace
I played the original Metal Gears, but never played solid, because my brothers were hardcore about nintendo and I was a broke bum all the time, but when he became a brawl character and I loved using him I played MGS4 and just started the first one that was remade on Gamecube, I plan to play all of them except maybe portable ops because I don't really want a PSP, now pretty much a huge MGS fan.

lol. awesome. Yeah, I've played all the metal gears minus the PSP ones, but Plus the very first 2. Snakes my second, but I like Sonic better. Why does Snake HATE Sonic so though?

Kookie

Smash Apprentice
Not playing Metal Gear Solid is illegal in some states. So, yes, I have played it before.

unwelc0med

Smash Journeyman
me and black heretic live close by >.>

jk :p

but yes, great series, up there with zelda..

The Enemy

Smash Apprentice
MGS is BY FAR my favorite Game series. I remember beating MGS1 for the first time and then going through it over and over and sitting back watching the Cinemas in demo theater to make sure that I had full comprehension of the mind f*ck which is the Metal Gear universe.

Finding out that Snake was officially in Brawl was the only reason why I started playing Melee.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I own every canon Metal Gear Game. My favorite one is MGS3: Subsistence. Wish I had a PS3 to play my copy of MGS4.... This series has an excellent and intriguing story.

viparagon

Smash Ace
I beat two+4, played some 1 (got half way through) (gaurds are so stupid)

4 is the best though. By far. My favorite game ever.

cycon365

Smash Apprentice
played all of them, 2 is by far the most shocking and pretty much my favorite

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Ah, definetly!

I 've actually started playing it ever since the original Metal Gear Solid series started way back 10 years ago on PSX, i've played all game including, MGS2: Sons of Liberty on MGS3: Snake Eater, by far my most favorite and most memorable game is definetly MGS: Twin Snake for the Gamecube, it was definetly good to see a remake of my favorite MGS title getting a remade. Even though i'm a Snake enthusiast, ironically i've never played the original one one the NES, though I do plan on playing.

Once I found out Snake was in Brawl, I was like holy ****! Is this for real?

strike42

Smash Journeyman
metal gear solid 3 is my favorite. i beat that like 4 or 5 times over the summer.

Teaddiction

Smash Cadet
Oh yeah! MGS for PS1, MGS 2 for PS2 and MGS3 for PS2...I haven´t played number 4 :( , and of course MGS 3 is the best one in gameplay but MGS 1 in the trama

IxxI

Smash Fence
YES!
I've played all of them!
Before brawl came out I told myself that I was going to main Snake.
At first I thought he sucked cause he was so slow.
How wrong I was....

Nic64

Smash Lord
played MGS-MGS3, unless konami does something awesome and ports 4 to 360 I will probably never play it, and IIRC that was really unlikely. idk maybe sony's next console won't be so fail and it will be backwards compatible. it sucks, MGS3 is one of my favorite games ever...I'd say I hope they're less lame about future MG games and they release it for a console that people actually own but I'm not sure skipping 4 would be worth it anyway... I need to go back and play the earlier metal gear games sometime...

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
I actually used to do speed runs of all the games. I got my MGS 3 time down to one hour thirty five minutes, IIRC.

Tsukuyomi

Smash Journeyman
Reason why I bought a Wii... Played MGS1 thru MGS3 and liked it...

Though I regret missing David Hayter's screening at AX08... God I hate the train system...

Krackshot Kroc

Smash Ace
I've played all of the Metal Gear Solid games (excluding Portable Ops) and I have to say it's probably my favorite video game series of all time, it's amazing storyline and pro gameplay is too good.

The only MGS games I own however are MGS2, MGS3, and MGS4

Rigor Mortis

Smash Journeyman
Wish i played part 4

Other than that i played 3 and 1.

Dammit i wanan play part 2!!!! I wanna give colonel them scissors. 61 of them.

bman in 2288

Smash Journeyman
MGS4 is a really good MGS game. MGS3 was a good game, but in terms of Metal Gear, it was falling short.

And before any more lies get out, MPO sucks. It barely answered anything, and created more questions than it should have.

That, and it's essentially useless.

Shadow_of_Link

Smash Apprentice
I've never played Metal Gear (I wish I could though), but I've seen all of 1, 3, and 4 on youtube. It's amazing how the storyline just link's together.

Nic64

Smash Lord
MGS3 was a good game, but in terms of Metal Gear, it was falling short.
guess I'm the only one who liked it most(haven't played 4 though). I thought it did a ton of stuff more adeptly than MGS or SoL

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I've never played Metal Gear (I wish I could though), but I've seen all of 1, 3, and 4 on youtube. It's amazing how the storyline just link's together.
Well what are you waiting for get out there and try them out, if you're into Snake, you won't be dissapointed. :)

Top Bottom