• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Played on 0.0 Classic. Was happy.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Got some old stuff, but for new stuff........Got Impa (Skyward Sword) trophy, Iridescent Glint Beetle trophy, Lucina custom move, Ness custom move, Diddy custom move, 3 new pieces of equipment, 266 gold.

I just find that funny. I thought I was getting jack. That's like better than higher levels. Bag of Rofl's.

Oh, and no item full blast 8 player Smash where-am-I battles.

Last edited:

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
Lucky you, I played on 5.5 and just got garbage luck is not on my side.:c

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Have you tried the lowest :p

Ghork

Smash Rookie
It costs gold to play on 0.0, while 2.0 is free.
I've only played on high levels so I wouldn't know if it's very efficient though.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It costs gold to play on 0.0, while 2.0 is free.
I've only played on high levels so I wouldn't know if it's very efficient though.
The cost is only 100G though, so it's only a small price when compared to the higher intensity levels. Of course, 3.0 only costs 80G (20G less than 0.0), but you'd have to deal with Crazy Hand while fighting Master Hand.

Basically, 0.0 is just a way for players to be able to complete Classic, even with the fighters that they're lousy with; even Master Hand is pathetically easy on that intensity level.

no1butmenotu

Smash Cadet
In comparison towards 9.0 difficulty I received a lot less rewards, which is to be expected. Instead of getting like 400 gold per fight I received like 10 gold. I also noticed that I was receiving more rewards in general on 9.0. The only problem is that the difficulty IS 9.0, so I end up dieing at some point and losing those rewards. The main reason why I even tried 0.0 is because I was using little mac and he's terrible against the master core fight. On average, but default I play between 6.0-8.0

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
I just did it again. A R.O.B. custom move (although I completed his custom set earlier), Duck Hunt custom move, Little Mac custom move, two Diddy custom moves, 2 equipment, 1 new trophy and 304 gold.

I don't get too much gold, but I sure am completing these custom parts lol. :roll:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I just did it again. A R.O.B. custom move (although I completed his custom set earlier), Duck Hunt custom move, Little Mac custom move, two Diddy custom moves, 2 equipment, 1 new trophy and 304 gold.

I don't get too much gold, but I sure am completing these custom parts lol. :roll:
Luck is on your side apparently. Of course, I have been wondering if the stage that you're fighting on can determine which custom parts you'll receive if a custom part is your reward.

MarioFireRed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MarioFireRed
3DS FC
5026-4457-8398
Wow I've been doing this wrong the whole time.

7.0-7.5 Intensity across the characters I use more often and I barely get rewards. I'll probably do that from now on.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Luck is on your side apparently. Of course, I have been wondering if the stage that you're fighting on can determine which custom parts you'll receive if a custom part is your reward.
I've seen that :) For intance on Wily Castle where a custom part could have been won, I got Mega Man's.

I know the chances for greater quantity of rewards are better the higher you wager, but it also takes longer and you have to deal with some terrible unfairness in many cases. So far I've been going in and coming out much faster.

I like Classic Mode, but in this game not so much. Love the board idea, hate what's tossed at you. 8-player frantic items is not for me, with the chance I need to use up a continue and lose rewards. I only started with 0.0 just to complete certain challenge, but I've been sticking with it for now since it's kinda working.

{edit} Everyone's mileage may vary? But I wanna hear y'all's story!

Last edited:

Fathom778

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PEPSICANEX2
I find my luck on 4.7 to be truthful.
Just today I got 460 gold, a custom move for Lucina, THREE custom moves for Ike, a custom move for Fox, and a few trophies I don't remember.
Might just be me, though.

Koggy

Yoshi Adept
Honestly, if gold is a problem for you guys, do what I did and spectate/bet. The system is quite flawed, in that it sometimes gives you 2v2s (already 50% chance of win) and the odds are 0% one team, 40ish% the other. The 0% win rate team are just people who haven't played a game in 2v2s yet, but the 40% people are guys who already lose 60% of their games. It also gives 10X reward for betting on the 0% win rate team, which is honestly more likely to win. I got this circumstance 3 times (100X10=1000 1000X10=10000 and 10000X10=100000) And the cost was a mere 100G. And that was after around 10ish minutes of betting total. There is pretty much nothing that I could even spend that would deplete that amount, ive found. I have done 20ish trophy rushes and still havent dipped below 120k (was at 136k).

Tumbleweed Tuner

Smash Apprentice
I love the new Classic mode and it is my favorite yet. My only two problems with this game is the computer AI and what in the world were they thinking to make master hand and master beast such jerks? Master hand has card tricks to cheaply KO you, you can not dodge most of his moves without using the dodge action precisely, and he can simply gust you off the stage when you are punching crazy hand. Then master beast attacks hard and fast, taking away my opportunities to sock'em.

The CPU AI should be patched. They are hitting me when I try to get up from the ledge, because there is a split second where I am not invulnerable that their AI allows them to strike. They are not smart AI, sometimes you can just roll them to death as Dedede. But they will do stuff like smash attack me right as I hit the ground after using the DK barrel on Jungle Hyjnx.

Even though that cheap AI takes away so much from the game, I gotta have that Master Fortress. Master Fortress is the reward for dealing with everything on 9.0. He is not very hard but he is the spectacle to behold. I will not play on any other difficulty level since I am trying to complete the "Clear Classic on at least 7.0 with everyone." Is it me, or do the challenges and events feel lackluster and little thought or time was put into them?

My rewards are normally two custom moves that are new, a new trophy, lots of new custom items, and a unnoticeable amount of gold.

Last edited:

Wyntir

Dark Child - 3DS tag online
NNID
Wyntir
3DS FC
4914-5115-4401
My amiibo have been fetching some of my custom moves. Lately I've been playing classic on 2.1 since it's free. I did okay on 0.0 one time n I did get a lot of new rewards

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
Wait are you getting custom moves from the Dice Roll or the stages/character itself?

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
Wait are you getting custom moves from the Dice Roll or the stages/character itself?
The custom moves you get in the reward roulette can sometimes relate to the stage you're fighting on. For example, if you get a wrench and win that match on Mushroom Kingdom U, you would be more likely to get a Mario character's move/equipment than, say, something from the Kirby series.

Last edited:

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
Oh I see. The Home Trick is harder and Slower to do on the Wii U version than the 3DS. Oh well, back to Hard All Star Mode.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Both. There's a lot of zero's, but there's always some available. I get more from matches, though.

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
This is interesting, I'll be sure to complete it on 0.0 with Little Mac to complete that one Challenge. I'm complete rubbish with Little Mac, and he really doesn't seem like the type to take Master / Crazy Hand on very well, and Master Fortress would be out of the question, unless you are exceptional with him.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Even though that cheap AI takes away so much from the game, I gotta have that Master Fortress. Master Fortress is the reward for dealing with everything on 9.0. He is not very hard but he is the spectacle to behold. I will not play on any other difficulty level since I am trying to complete the "Clear Classic on at least 7.0 with everyone." Is it me, or do the challenges and events feel lackluster and little thought or time was put into them?
If anything, the challenges are more ridiculous than what Brawl and Smash 3DS offered. Smash 3DS only required you to clear Classic at intensity 9.0, but Smash Wii U adds insult to injury by requiring you to do it without losing lives, along with without customizations; there's no reward for simply clearing that intensity level anymore.

Anyway, I feel that that 7.0 with all fighters challenges really puts a huge dent on you if you can only handle 0.0-2.0 with certain fighters.

That said, back to the main topic in hand.

Top Bottom