• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Player Compendium - Find Players In Your Area!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superstar

Smash Champion
Ah, that makes more sense. I'll try it out I guess. I know my DirectX is update [I know sometimes it installs wrong, but I installed it multiple times]. I assume I have to go to Device Manager, and right click it to update Drivers?

Superstar

Smash Champion
I think it's either my GFX card or my internets, or both. Regardless, the only two videos there are of me in a match are outdated, and I did improve a bit since then. So I need to rerecord videos for studying, and to have more recent match videos available.

So, match me if you want to record some matches. I'll bring my laptop to my room, and ask my bro to get off the nets during the matches to reduce lag. I'd rather Mupen, but I can record Project64k fine. In fact, I think I figured out how to record the sound in PJ64k in one go using my sound drivers.

modrew32

Smash Rookie
Name: The Juice
Emulator: PJ64K (i also have mupen), P2P
Contact: (prefer aim) AIM:Brk2ladodger MSN:Modrew21@gmail.com
Time Online: During the week (3:00-10:00 pm PST)

S8on95

Smash Cadet
Name: ??? but you can call me S8on
Location: CA(don't do console cuz my friend has my game and I don't have console)
Emulator: Project 64kve (vista)
Aim: none...
Windows Live: davidliu95@yahoo.com
Time: dunno

The Star King

Smash Hero
Nickname: ShootingStar
Emulator: Project64k
Time:Random =/

Kefit

Smash Journeyman
Name: Kefit
Emulator: Project64k/Mupen64k, p2p only
AIM: Kefit42
Time: Monday-Thursday, 6pm-12am PST, Sunday all day. Maybe other times if you see me online.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
That's a good idea, even if 2 or more players are in the same city ie me, agony, and Zenyorevaxanymillionnamescombovideo

you should list it as country / city ie

Canada

- alberta BEEF!ville

Superboomfan

Montreal

Agony, Dylan_Tnga, Zenyore

Newb-found-land

surri

lol jk chris you're alright XD

craiigg

Smash Lord
planning to update this tomorrow, ill see what i can do

most players are the only one in their city, and as for europe theres no point.
simple categories like europe,canada,etcetc

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Agreed with Superstar and Malva

for Canada you can at least divide up the west and east coast, since the majority of canadian players here are far east (surri, myself, Zenyore, Agony) we can just say that Boom lives in west canada even though alberta is kind of in the middle.

For the US you have to list it by state, there's way more smashers in the states than here, too bad some of em don't post here much.

For europe I couldnt care less lol

Superstar

Smash Champion
By Country is fine, or by East/West.

Some people care a LOT about their delay, you know. I know I get 4 frames with Surri, and 2 frames with MattNF. Some people might really want to know who will give them those 2 frames.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
By Country is fine, or by East/West.

Some people care a LOT about their delay, you know. I know I get 4 frames with Surri, and 2 frames with MattNF. Some people might really want to know who will give them those 2 frames.
By some people, do you mean SUPERBOOMFAN???

jk, we all want good delay.

Superstar

Smash Champion
lol :laugh: Nah, he's just the most vocal about it. I know most people want that magic number of 4 or less. Some demand 3 or less, and some can't settle for anything more than 2.

2 delay matches are teh shizz.

Be awesome if we had Fiber Optics [internet cables which use light].

malva00

Smash Master
it's not about the frames anymore to me it's the ping 4 frame 108 ping is OK but 4 frame 120 ping sucks

craiigg

Smash Lord
i did mean USA by state, thought i typed it but i didnt so sorry about that lol

and dylan be careful knocking europe :p :o

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
i did mean USA by state, thought i typed it but i didnt so sorry about that lol

and dylan be careful knocking europe :p :o
Uh oh I'm gonna get banned for NO REASON like Zenyorevaxany :( /wrists T_T

So yeah USA by state, Europe however you wanna do it, but for canada at least do a west/east thing and this will be less confusing for us all

NixxxoN

Smash Master
it's not about the frames anymore to me it's the ping 4 frame 108 ping is OK but 4 frame 120 ping sucks
Theres the smoothing feature on the p2p client that allows a frame addition in case

About Europe, has to be by country althugh lots of countries probably dont have any single online smasher lol

Superstar

Smash Champion
I know 90-95 ping 3 delay sucks, lags up to high heaven. 70 ping 3 frames, however, is nice.

When the delay is too low for the ping, I apply some smoothing for some sexy FPS gain. However, smoothing up to 5 frames is not pretty.

Also, Dylan, if I could do that, I'd be a bloody genius. :p If I could make it compatible with PJ64k/Mupen too. :D

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
lol :laugh: Nah, he's just the most vocal about it. I know most people want that magic number of 4 or less. Some demand 3 or less, and some can't settle for anything more than 2.

2 delay matches are teh shizz.

Be awesome if we had Fiber Optics [internet cables which use light].
I normally TRY for 4 or less but....where i live wont allow that >_>

Lawrencelot

Smash Lord
Most Europeans live close enough to each other for less than 5 frames p2p, and if there's more frames it's because of the internet connection, not distance. Just do Europe, US westcoast, US eastcoast, Canada, and if there are more Canadians on westcoast divide Canada as well.

Where are all Europeans anyway? Join this thing! (not that I don't have you on msn yet)

craiigg

Smash Lord
dylan, zenyore got a TEMP ban for good reasons, and i was joking thought you would be smart enough to sense that.

Superstar

Smash Champion
But, Dylan was joking too. Otherwise, he wouldn't have capsed, bolded, and underlined "No Reason". In fact, if you check the thread that got ZenYore banned, you can see Dylan telling Zen not to sink to the level of Forum Martyr.

Kirbichu

Smash Apprentice
Name: Kirbichu
Emulator: PJ64K
Contact Preference: PMs work the best for me
Times: Pretty Random, mostly Mondays and Thursdays 4pm-7pm EST

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
dylan, zenyore got a TEMP ban for good reasons, and i was joking thought you would be smart enough to sense that.
No man I agreed 100% with the ban. Zenyore is decent at smash but he's not funny and he was being a whiny girl.
I was being sarcastic, you know this to be true that I do so in every post. I was trying to emulate zenyore's emphasis on how you were bias and had "NO REASON"

Therefore, you didn't understand moi.

You need better mindgaems craiig.

btw, since meow stopped modding this forum is making more sense, good job man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom