• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Player tag issue

Uforia77

Smash Cadet
Hi, not sure if anyone else has had this happen, but after doing a search around online, and turning up nothing I've decided to ask you guys.

I have a large number of player tags on my console (I bring my console to smash meets weekly) and up until recently, when people select their tag it jumps to the top of the list of tags, so that way the more active tags are going to be around the top of the tag selection list... Well recently something about this changed, and the tags seem to be scattered all over the place, with no logical order, and so far nothing I have tried has reverted this to it's original setting. Has anyone else had this happen, or can anyone suggest how to fix this?

Dokokashira

Smash Journeyman
I've had this exact thing happen to me! When people added new tags to a setup I was playing on at a local recently, their tag appeared in the middle of the list rather than the top. It was kind of strange... every new tag showed up in around the same spot every time, and it moved all the way up to the top when it was used in a battle.

We didn't find a fix for this, but it might be fixed if all the names are cleared.

Uforia77

Smash Cadet
Yeah, my names aren't moving to the top when used in battle... And I really, really don't want to delete everyone's tags... So many custom controller schemes and stats would be lost... Might go through and delete tags of people who just kept making more names for the lols, and see if that achieves anything..

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
I had this issue appear on my console recently, and just realized what was going on.

So, for whatever odd reason, something can change the "top of list" location tags are designated to go to when picked. This explains why tags will appear in the middle of the list now instead of at the top.

While messing around picking the tags I don't use I noticed that the section of tags between the top of the list and where the tag I selected was at was decreasing. From that I realized that I could "reset" this "top of list" location by selecting all of the tags above where selected tags ended up until that location was back at the top.

Try doing that and see if this fixes the issue for you. I'm assuming deleting all the tags would work as well or maybe even finding out the tag that caused the issue initially could work, but the latter may be harder to do.

Uforia77

Smash Cadet
After messing around with this for a while, I'm finding that names, when picked, are jumping to the 17th from the bottom slot. When someone made a new tag last night, it went to the 18th to last... I'm wondering if the game somehow identifies that as the top of the list for whatever reason now... Might try deleting enough names to make it so that it decreases to 17th, 16th, 15th, onwards until we reach last name, then delete one more and see where names end up, if that makes any sense... Wish me luck!

Raijinken

Smash Master
Restricting people to a name each may help prevent the problem from resurfacing if you fix it. It can also help to delete those belonging to players who don't attend regularly.

Top Bottom