• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Players on smashladder are oddly clingly

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
I just try and play to get better, it aint necessary to say hi and have a conversation with every single player. I notice if you stay quiet and just try to play they find this offensive.

Also people apoligize for playing short amount of games, whats the big deal? if you are 3 stocking someone every game and they are using characters you ain't trying to improve against then just leave, no? no need to message the guy and diss him for quitting out abruptly.

Also multiple people said I was trying too hard in non-ranked. Like I can see from a beginners prespective if some better player is using much more tech skill that it's intimidating it doesn't mean I'm there to humilate you, I am practicing to consistantly cover options properly.

It's like these noobs hate when you play well, they want you to just have no tech skill, chain no hits together and just play at a pace where they don't feel offended.

Dolla Pills

Smash Ace
That's funny I haven't really had this experience. Usually I just say "yo" and then paste in the code and that's it until I say ggs at the end, and people I play will play for a seriously long time while getting beaten badly and not say anything about me trying too hard.

Occasionally I'll encounter salty people (and on even rarer occasions I'll find someone in friendlies who is actually good), but in my experience friendlies on Netplay has been pretty chill.

Megumin

Smash Rookie
>If you are 3 stocking someone every game and they are using characters you ain't trying to improve against then just leave, no? no need to message the guy and diss him for quitting out abruptly.

This is what I hate. They get so offended that I don't want to get ****ed without learning anything. It isn't fun for me and maybe it's fun for them because they don't win or something but it's no reason to try to hold me hostage in a game.

Can't find the quote button

Last edited:

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
This happened to me multiple times and every time it happens I just ignore the player. People gettin way to comfortable around strangers and ****. it ain't no dating site lmao

Modesty

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
ALIC#155
I think a lot of people on there are just trying to find connections. Not everybody has a local scene. I'm lucky enough to live pretty close to 2 pretty well run scenes, and it really made the game easier to get into

Last edited:
Top Bottom