• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Playing Aggressive

sk8tinGam0r

Smash Cadet
I already play doc way to aggressive i always find myself rushing in even when against long ranged characters like marth. im workin on that but which characters should i play a little more agressive on? does it go by range? if the char has long range(i.e. marth, roy, ganandorf) i know im sopposed to run and wait for an oppening but for fox or or mario players should i play a little more agressive to keep the them on there toes?

all comment are appreciated.

FalseFalco

Smash Master
All characters should play aggressively, because a perfect defensive playstyle loses to a perfectly aggressive one. For some characters (higher on the tier list) it's easier to play aggressively, and consequently causes them to become easier to play as.

As Doc I would play more carefully and choose openings as he lacks a rush move of the falcon knee calibur or fox sex kick calibur. If you want to rush constantly then I opt for you to increase your pill firing + aerials.

Spacing is the ultimate decider of higher level matches, so working on movement is more important than attack patterns in the long run.

Pekkle

Smash Rookie
Lol, I play too aggressively :D I rush in and it doesn't work that well -_-
As FalseFalco said, work on movement and try to choose spots

jamminjohn

Smash Ace
Good answer, FalseFalco. sk8in, try to figure out your opponent's lag. Any missed L-cancels or smashes usually leave them open. Pills could also stun them, or at slow them down enough to pill again successfully.

sk8tinGam0r

Smash Cadet
thanx for the comments. ill give it a shot plus i get to play with SmashMac almost everyday so i get to see his doc first hand so between the boards and him helping me ill hopefully make a good doc and go to some tourny's

Top Bottom