• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Playing Melee helped my Pit? :o

Byuusan

Smash Journeyman
It just a personal experiance but since Tri-smash 2 (Jan 3/4) I've never touched my brawl except to play a game or 2 every 2 months, last tournament (Tri-smash 3) My Pit has drastically improved and i've never touched the game, and all i did was play Melee since then.

It just a personal experiance though, but i thought it might be something that can help others.

Recoil

Smash Journeyman
Meele could have helped you with your reaction times. Sometimes I get this feeling too :D

Sometimes it takes awhile to set in cause the speed change from meele to brawl is like lolwut though x.x

kingcobra9

Smash Ace
yes but it can hurt you some if you have the same character like marth then you start to develope combos in one and when it becomes part of your play style it is very disjointed when you switch games...

edwen

Smash Rookie
I think that because you didn't play brawl that much you lost your old habits and found a new one that you are better with.

Byuusan

Smash Journeyman
that definately a way of thinking about it, i won't doubt it though, my stage game is now near my ledge game, and i don't camp AS MUCH and able to deal with closer range combat.

Arzengel

Smash Apprentice
Play old melee? I mean get real... why not play on Training increase the speed of battle and duel some lvl 9 CPU.
Gravity and all that is very different, i mean, no no, melee is something, brawl is another, believe it or not.

SpongeBathBill

Smash Ace
Although they're very different games, the fundamentals are the same in all three titles, so it could have nothing to do with Melee's speed and more to do with the fact that you're playing some form of Smash >_>

SpongeBathBill

Smash Ace
Although they're very different games, the fundamentals are the same in all three titles, so it could have nothing to do with Melee's speed and more to do with the fact that you're playing some form of Smash :p

Top Bottom