• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Playing on a 2DS

Powda193

Smash Journeyman
Sorry if this has been discussed somewhere else, but I wanted to know about playing the new Smash Bros on a 2DS. Will this be possible? Or do I need a 3DS? If I can play it on a 2DS, am I losing any important functionality? TIA.

Morbi

Scavenger
Sorry if this has been discussed somewhere else, but I wanted to know about playing the new Smash Bros on a 2DS. Will this be possible? Or do I need a 3DS? If I can play it on a 2DS, am I losing any important functionality? TIA.
I have not necessarily explicitly looked it up to find a definitive answer, but the 2DS is compatible with all 3DS games, so I would assume that you would be fine. I am operating under the assumption that the 2DS is the same exact console minus the 3D functionality. So it shouldn't actually affect whether or not the two are compatible. For all intents and purposes, the 2DS is a 3DS. I also doubt that the 3D will be utilized to an extreme in Smash, so I highly doubt that you will be missing out on anything.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
2DS is a normal 3DS without 3D and that can't fold. And also has a mono speaker.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Of course you can play Smash Bros 3DS on the 2DS. The 2DS is merely just another member of the 3DS family like the DS Lite, DSI and DSI XL were for the DS and GBA SP and GBA Micro were for the GBA etc.

The only difference is that you can't turn on the 3D and that it doesn't have any hinges to fold the system up.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
*I was going to comment, but just read the above ^*

Powda193

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the info. I had a feeling I would be fine with a 2DS, but I didn't want to make any assumptions.

Wyntir

Dark Child - 3DS tag online
NNID
Wyntir
3DS FC
4914-5115-4401
:198:Dude buy the 2DS. I have one & the L n R buttons are PERFECT for this game. Plus you can now buy grip accessories for the 2DS @ GameStop for $15 which are AMAZING!!!!!

Top Bottom