• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Playing Smash Bros with a n00b

some-guy

Smash Apprentice
What I find ironic is all the people in this thread who play inviable characters that I would probably three stock effortlessly. Are you really in a position to look down on others? Being unskilled is relative. You're also a noob if you're not playing one of the top 10 characters in the game (those who place well without these characters are obviously exceptions). I bet that if I were to sit down with 80% of you, I'd be able to just roll through your stocks with my Marth/MK/Snake/Falco, and you'd never win. Then I'd think to myself, "Why am I wasting my time playing with these noobs?"
Humanity just lost 9,001 points. -.-'

rED023b

Smash Apprentice
NNID
himanattsu
It's funny how beating a noob in 1vs1 is easy, but in Basic Brawl they're insanely hard to beat.:mad:

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Because noobs team up with other noobs. 3v1 pretty much

Although, in the end a good player on Basic Brawl.... shouldn't be on BB.

Uzima (Uzi)

Smash Lord
What I find ironic is all the people in this thread who play inviable characters that I would probably three stock effortlessly. Are you really in a position to look down on others? Being unskilled is relative. You're also a noob if you're not playing one of the top 10 characters in the game (those who place well without these characters are obviously exceptions). I bet that if I were to sit down with 80% of you, I'd be able to just roll through your stocks with my Marth/MK/Snake/Falco, and you'd never win. Then I'd think to myself, "Why am I wasting my time playing with these noobs?"

so i guess that means your good because you play a good character and not because your actually good.

talk about relying on your character and not actual skill, you practical just told us your also a noob, cause if you pick one of the characters thats not in the top ten your instantly a noob.

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
Pierce uses(MAINS) Marth, it's would be different if he were using MK, you'd PROBABLY be able to get away with such a moroonic statement. It's just, let's face the facts, unless Mew2King comes in this thread or something, Pierce is, hands down the best player in this thread. Yes, he could 3-stock most of you all.

Also, applying what he said, it's BRAWL people, you can't possibly think you're going to go through a tournament using Falcon and expect to win. That's absurd. The game itself is completely unbalanced, and quite frankly, you have to use an S tier character, there's no getting pass that. No matter what your skill leel, there could be someone with the same skill but a better character, they automatically win. There's seriously no getting past that.

I've taken a shine tp Pierce, and his playstyle, if I were to ever face him, I'd be ready. =P He would 3-stock YOU N00BS! But NOT me! =P [/sarcasmcism]

Either way, 78.2% of the people I play against are n00bs, and I actually do poorly against them. I do poorly against virtually anyone worse than me. Basically anyone who swings mindlessly, and stupidly can do decent against despite my semi-pro status. It's just, I don't understand the playstyle of it, and fail to space properly, that, and I take it HORRIBLY easy on just about everyone I play, pro status, or not. I need a challenge to play well, virtually nobody I play against provides that, so I don't try at all.

Uzima (Uzi)

Smash Lord
im not saying pierce is a bad player,

just what he said is stupid.

he plays the 7th best character in the game so he fits into his "viable" characters list. yet he has people in his crew that play characters in the B and C tiers

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
*sigh*

The characters were merely an example of the something most of you harbor, that I could relate to a noob. If you're not fully playing to win, you shouldn't be calling out other people. Honestly, I find that to be low class.

"Hey, I'm not that good, and I don't really have a chance of placing at my current skill level, but I'm gonna poke fun at these guys."

That's how I interpret this thread.

t3akup

Smash Apprentice
"Hey, I'm not that good, and I don't really have a chance of placing at my current skill level, but I'm gonna poke fun at these guys."
*nodnodnod* although, wasn't that what it really was? the point of the thread,
that is.
TK sucks at brawl and could potentially be considered a noob :]
I have a hard time beating level 5 cpu XD *is lying*

LuLLo

Smash Ace
I find it fun to play with my friends (who are pretty n00b) and develop some new strategies or test things out, but I never look down on them, since they are friends and enjoy the game too. But they DO look down on me, saying I'm only that good because I'm ''on forums and learn from watching a 12-year old play on Youtube''. It annoys the hell out of me, but then again, I **** them hard, so it compensates. The fun thing about playing with my n00b friends is the shouting and overly enthusiasm they play with, when someone kills another person using Ganon's F-tilt or Stomp, they go crazy everytime and say stupid things you'll never hear again in your life. But when I 0-Death them with Ike or Marth using supreme predicting skills and flashy ''combo's'', they just don't appreciate it and go with the whole ''youtube-watching'' thing again. Buuuuuuuuuut I got one friend who's my teampartner and goes to tourneys with me, I'm a tad more skilled than he is, but playing with him fuels my competitive needs, so I've got n00bs to play with and have mindless fun and a friend whom I can train with and have fun with too. I'm so happy.....

shao49

Smash Rookie
Unfortunately I'm an aggressive player so i don't do mind games.

But then again its because i don't play mind games that i lose to the really good players... :(

Uzima (Uzi)

Smash Lord
lol, that is true.

noobs do the randomist ****, it makes them hard to predict and mindgames are lost on them.
which can lead to them not getting ***** as hard as they should which fuels stupid arguments, lol

atown238

Smash Rookie
i always just try out new characters out on n00bz it makes it a little more fair than using my main. i also try to not use cg's and let them use items.

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
Anyone else hate that mindgames don't work on noobs?
That is possibly what f**ks me over the most. TBH, there are noobs who actually know what they are doing, but are also foolishly aggressive, but when they get a hit, they keep going with "combos" that you don't expect, and things that normally wouldn't work. It's like, I think about things too much, and then I'm like, he made a mistake, he won't advance, he'll defend, and they don't think at all they just mash and hit me before I do, and I'm like:

"What the HELL?!"

mariorocks64

Smash Journeyman
In an online team battle, The smash ball came, but wolf caught it and used it. As wolf lands, a rolling crate appears. underneath. When the landmaster lands on the rolling crate, the crate whisks the landmaster away and kills it! I naughed and yelled FAIL!

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Unfortunately I'm an aggressive player so i don't do mind games.

But then again its because i don't play mind games that i lose to the really good players... :(
I'm an aggressive player and I do use mindgames. Defense in this game is powerful, so figuring out ways to outsmart your opponent and break their defenses is very important in being aggressive.

In an online team battle, The smash ball came, but wolf caught it and used it. As wolf lands, a rolling crate appears. underneath. When the landmaster lands on the rolling crate, the crate whisks the landmaster away and kills it! I naughed and yelled FAIL!
That is amazing! Did you save the replay?

-Kiros-

Smash Journeyman
It's always fun to amaze people, and who knows. Maybe the noob becomes good through the training you give him. It's like being Shaun White's coach when he does the McDouble.

amer56879

Smash Rookie
to many people are to competitive with brawl. I like a good competative tournaments but its fun to toy with n00bs and just have fun.....

but n00bs suck

Top Bottom