• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

playing with custom stages online?

patoons

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Patoons
i took a few custom stages from Project M and put them on my SD card for use with regular brawl. they work completely fine offline.... my friend also has the same exact stages i do, but last night it desynced online.. is this impossible to do online despite all players having the same hack?

pkmntrainerRed

Smash Cadet
You have to have EVERYTHING exactly the same. Same codeset, same stage which was replaced by the Project M stage.

patoons

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Patoons
hmmmm, the stages for a fact i know are exactly the same, i made my own winrar of what i did and sent it to them.. as far as the codeset, idk if they're exactly the same.. but i know they have the file replacement code, but every other code must be exact too? (eg i have colored shields, that would cause de-sync?)

patoons

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Patoons
ok, on a somewhat related topic, for the sake of not creating a whole new one, i decided to bump this.....

i have 4 custom stages from project M, fountain of dreams, yoshi's island, sse jungle and the ssb64 caverns.... they replace yoshi's island melee, distant planet and mushroomy kingdom, respectively.

i open my common5.pac, and navigate to sc_selmap_en/MiscData80/Textures so i can change the thumbnails and previews for the stages on the stage select screen. simple image replacement, i've done it for the character select screen plenty. so i replace the 4 stages with the new thumbnails and such... but the game freezes as soon as i get to the stage select screen. i don't get why it's freezing, it works fine when i use it for project M. just freezes for regular brawl. is it more than a simple image swap?

Top Bottom