• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Playing With My Back-Air

_X_

Smash Lord
So here I am on a Saturday night in training mode (like all tEh proz', amirite) so I started to play around with Fox's back air, here are somethings you might not know.

Note: All done in Training mode with Training mode DI and any combos are the Consecutive hits counter in Training mode)

On Falco (prolly works on everyone else too but not 100%)

At 0% Back air > Up tilt - Turns out with the 0% B-air > U-tilt instead of hitting with the front of the b-air's hit box you're hitting with the regular part like you would for kills. The trick is to approach with A RAR'D Back air IDing toward your opponent THEN up tilt. The U-tilt can also combo into N-air (be quick) or another u-tilt.

At 0% Back air > Jab X2 (>throw) - A bit easier to do but once again the timing is strange.

At 5% (Maybe lower) Back air > Down tilt - This one is really hard and I fail to do it with any consistency.

At 5% (Maybe lower) Back air > F-tilt - Once again pretty hard.

At 5% (Maybe lower) Back air > Neutral Air - I know what you're thinking but it works and I've done it... Don't be like that guys :(

At 5% (Maybe lower) Back air > Up Smash - Yeah it works, I broke the game, but I didn't mean to... <_< my bad.

At 18% (Maybe lower) Back air > F Smash - This one is quite hard... Good luck.

Okay those are pretty the stats now for the technique you're approaching with a running back air hitting with the front of Fox's body. Since back air has a air amount of hit stun and since you're not hitting with the foot the knock back is far lower allowing you to combo out of it.

IMPORTANT NOTE: The stats I've displayed are the bear minimal (that I found, hence the maybe lowers), these are a lot easier to do at high percent due to more hit stun.

Fun Fact: Fox's Back air actually trips the opponent occasionally allowing you to laugh at them and run away... or combo, what ever.

Fun combo: At 25% (maybe lower) Back air > Up tilt > Up Smash = 36%

Thanks for reading guys I know it's a mess but... >_> yeah, if it gets a lot of attn I'll clean it up I guess. And if it gets way too much I'll make a vid I guess.

§witch

Smash Lord
Nice, I love fox's bair, it's one of my top 10 favourite moves in brawl. Wasn't that hard to read, but if you are a scrub-tard, I guess it could be hard to read, XD.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
lol Take that Falco. All these combos work on Falco 100% of the time. Awesome. Now, Fox will top tire. @_@
lol not really.

_X_

Smash Lord
Nice, I love fox's bair, it's one of my top 10 favourite moves in brawl. Wasn't that hard to read, but if you are a scrub-tard, I guess it could be hard to read, XD.
I'll make it better if anyone even reads it :urg:

lol Take that Falco. All these combos work on Falco 100% of the time. Awesome. Now, Fox will top tire. @_@
lol not really.
Give me a minute and I'll work it out >_>

Tangy

Smash Apprentice
I've always thought of Fox's b-air as a finisher rather than a combo set up. My Fox game is completely lacking b-air though, so this may be helpful =)

Zhamy

Smash Champion
At 5% (Maybe lower) Back air > Down tilt - This one is really hard and I fail to do it with any consistency.
Dtilt is slow as hell; don't bother with it at low percents as it won't set up into anything. At higher percents, it may set up into DI chasing, but it's nearly useless at low percents.

EXTREMELY IMPORTANT NOTE: Some-what proof I've not a random scrub-tard
If this stuff works, you don't need proof. Also, this may add another level to Fox's approach, which, as we all know, is really really really ****ty. It probably won't be anything game breaking, but it's good stuff.

_X_

Smash Lord
Dtilt is slow as hell; don't bother with it at low percents as it won't set up into anything. At higher percents, it may set up into DI chasing, but it's nearly useless at low percents.

If this stuff works, you don't need proof. Also, this may add another level to Fox's approach, which, as we all know, is really really really ****ty. It probably won't be anything game breaking, but it's good stuff.
Yeah prolly not but as you said need moar approach.

Herolink

Smash Rookie
This is a very nice trick, and I found that if you use this tactic a lot and the opponent becomes wise and shields it, you can do a dash forward to an immediate dash back to a grab.

Chileno4Live

Smash Ace
NNID
Xyronith
3DS FC
0731-5336-4808
Thanks to you i found out that Bair is actually pretty good. I use more then i did before and the combo's you've listed does help aswell. What sometimes works for me is this: Dair>SH>Bair. Ive did this a couple of times.

Note: The Fox boards really has nice people, i've noticed this since th MK board's people arent always nice. Good i mained Fox :)

DstyCube

Smash Journeyman
I know that these combos are using the back of the bair, but heres a couple I found in training mode using the front of the bair. Percentage depends on character, but I'll just use Mario as an example. Anywhere from 50-70% you can hit the opponent with the front of your bair and follow with a DA or dashed Usmash. Counts it as a 2 consecutive hits in training mode. If your opponent isn't fast enough to dodge or something you could pull this off at higher percents for an Usmash kill. 26% damage total. Can anyone else check if you can DI out of this? Sorry if it's already been said, but I couldn't find it in the stickies or any of these combo threads.

_X_

Smash Lord
Thanks to you i found out that Bair is actually pretty good. I use more then i did before and the combo's you've listed does help aswell. What sometimes works for me is this: Dair>SH>Bair. Ive did this a couple of times.

Note: The Fox boards really has nice people, i've noticed this since th MK board's people arent always nice. Good i mained Fox :)
Yeah it's a sick move and I hope to dubunk it a little moar as time goes on.

And yeah, Fox boards are a pretty cool place to be.

I know that these combos are using the back of the bair, but heres a couple I found in training mode using the front of the bair. Percentage depends on character, but I'll just use Mario as an example. Anywhere from 50-70% you can hit the opponent with the front of your bair and follow with a DA or dashed Usmash. Counts it as a 2 consecutive hits in training mode. If your opponent isn't fast enough to dodge or something you could pull this off at higher percents for an Usmash kill. 26% damage total. Can anyone else check if you can DI out of this? Sorry if it's already been said, but I couldn't find it in the stickies or any of these combo threads.
First of all yeah, I already knew about this one and it's pretty sick. I've tested most of these things with DI a few times and they seemed to work but more testing is required.

This is the only notable thread where B-air combos are mentioned so... >_> Yeah.

Top Bottom