• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Playstation All-Stars Beta Response

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Unless I'm mistaken you are talking of read-based tech chases/combos. Those are not true combos per se.For those to work you would have had to read their DI correctly every time and what not.

That's not what I'm talking about. And you do realize that most "conventional" 2D fighters have more combo/option potential than Smash as well right? Most characters in Smash only have a few mixups if any at all. Brawl is mainly a poke fest. And this is coming from someone that loves Brawl.

But yes I was mainly referring to Melee and Brawl.
You're mistaken.
Given that I'm currently playing other fighters more than I am Smash, I do think I'm aware of "combo/option potential", though. Also, yes, Melee's combos are very much affected by DI, however, the hitstun is to a degree where continuing the combo is simply a matter of reacting to the positioning rather than making read after read. This is somewhat similar to the pointblank/maxrange differences of combos in fighters. I would agree that Brawl has a distinct lack of true combos once everyone's out of the 50% zone or so. 64's only DI is SDI, and there's plenty of ways to convert from one hit into one stock, so no, doing a combo in there is not largely read or tech-chase based.

I enjoyed Smash because of its relative mobility and being able to do things more in line with a platformer game than a fighter. PlayStation All-Stars certainly has the platformer movement down, but with the way most of the attacks either stop you dead or send you on some pre-determined flight path, I feel like I'm hitting 2D fighter inputs instead. Note that nowhere in my initial post did I say anything about combos - I was making a comment on movesets.

zmx

Smash Lord
You're mistaken.
Given that I'm currently playing other fighters more than I am Smash, I do think I'm aware of "combo/option potential", though. Also, yes, Melee's combos are very much affected by DI, however, the hitstun is to a degree where continuing the combo is simply a matter of reacting to the positioning rather than making read after read. This is somewhat similar to the pointblank/maxrange differences of combos in fighters. I would agree that Brawl has a distinct lack of true combos once everyone's out of the 50% zone or so. 64's only DI is SDI, and there's plenty of ways to convert from one hit into one stock, so no, doing a combo in there is not largely read or tech-chase based.

I enjoyed Smash because of its relative mobility and being able to do things more in line with a platformer game than a fighter. PlayStation All-Stars certainly has the platformer movement down, but with the way most of the attacks either stop you dead or send you on some pre-determined flight path, I feel like I'm hitting 2D fighter inputs instead. Note that nowhere in my initial post did I say anything about combos - I was making a comment on movesets.
I think I understand what you are saying now.

However, you have to remember that this game isn't Smash and will never have a percent system. These means your trajectory after getting hit will always be preset excluding walls (unless they add DI). It simply couldn't be any other way with this system.

In other words you seem to be wanting a system similar to percent and that just won't and can't happen. I wouldn't say that's a fair criticism.

We should judge this game based on its own merits. Now how well it copies every little Smash detail.

Even so, I'm sure you'll agree that a lot from Smash can be applied here. Short-hop approches, tech chasing (every down throw works like Snakes and many moves spike), taking advantage of stage positions etc.

Personally, one of the biggest things I'd wish this would borrow from Smash is stale move deg-ration. It would encourage more mixups I feel.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Hey, remember when I compared this game to Turtles Smash Up? That game resembled Smash and also didn't have a percent system. You should check it out.

Sqid

Smash Apprentice
Sweet, got a code yesterday! It was my birthday, too, so thanks for the present, AZ!
I've played a little so far, tried each character, decided that out of these 6, I'm playing most Kratos and some Sweet Tooth. (Both the "heavy" characters, based on how easy it is to jump from the waterwheel to bridge in Sandover)
I have to go to North Carolina for a few days, but when I get back I'm going to make a pro and con list. Seems very fun so far, if not repetitive (only one mode in beta, it'll be fine once it actually comes out).

Edit: Updated with new post on Page 14.

zmx

Smash Lord
Hey, remember when I compared this game to Turtles Smash Up? That game resembled Smash and also didn't have a percent system. You should check it out.
I know of that game.

Apparently it flopped hard. Only sold like 60K or so.

LilZero

Smash Rookie
I am a friend of Krystedez and I just downloaded the beta (thanks man). So far I just played one match as Sly Cooper and was anticipating there would be a training mode. Unfortunately, I didn't realize it was online only and I didn't have a second to see the controls.

It took me around 10 seconds to figure out the controls as I faced against two Sweet Tooth players and a Kratos. The building meter process is easy. As long as you can beat up on your opponents, you can get your special bar to do a move (R2).

I think I got Sly Cooper to 2 bars and used a jet pack like move where I dropped bombs on my opponents. Yeah, that was pretty nice that I could kill my opponents, but at the same time I didn't like it. It felt like I had more advantage over the opponent because I had more mobility by flying over them and able to just drop bombs to kill them.

Meanwhile, Kratos had like 3 bars and got in some armor and his sword got bigger. His move was nice and all, but I ran away from him and didn't die from it. It felt like he had a great move, but all that potential was thrown to waste when all the opponents just ran from him.

In the end, I won the match. I just wish that most of the beating on the opponent would kill them, and not just a special move. Still a fun game, but it just isn't as strong like Smash Bros. Sometimes my eyes were having a hard time to focus on Sly Cooper's body.

yellowlink

Smash Rookie
Alright Finally got the beta.

I do believe that Sly is the best character to use, basically his invisibility is so good that it helps you evade specials. If you evade there only way to kill you it puts you in a great spot.

The key I have found in this game is that it is in your best interest to get the most amount of kills and least amount of deaths. Basically try to get as much as cheap kills as you can so sneak in here and there. Sly is great at doing that.

His invisibility just helps you evade everything. He has great speed as well as his LV.1 and Lv.2 Supers are great. Also like the above poster has said, I have trouble focusing on Sly at various times, usually when there is another opponent running Sly it becomes hard to focus on your character.

I think the characters don't have that distinctive feel that brawl offers. I mean, Character models should be a little bigger, as that will allow you to focus on the action. Also Stages are definitely bigger than brawl, so hopefully they fix up the camera issues as well. Often times I will get a super but will not notice it like other posters have said, I mean most of the time it is not an issue but every now and then it does get frustrating.

I do hope they don't nerf him as he does stay true to his character, also it is not like he is broken but Sly is Definitely high tier. I do believe that there are / will be other characters who will have better combo potential, I am still learning Sly overall but he is overall a solid character, his projectile / long range game is not as strong as other characters as Sly is medium range but he has the invisibility which really lets you push in and be aggressive.

I think that from a competitive standpoint Lv.1 and Lv.2 are the only ones worth it as they are going to net you fast kills. Lv.3 should be only used in casuals really, you can pull up 5 kills but thats usally the maximum.

Like Kratos his Lv.3 super will net you usually 5 kills. If you use his lv.1 you can get 2 + kills easily every time. Also if the opponent is good enough he can evade Kratos Lv3 super, so there will be times where you might only get 4 kills. Personally I only get kill by Kratos once and that's really about it.

Also a lot of Lv.3 are glitchy right now, like Parappa, Radec, and Sly. So I try my best not to use them as much.

I will try out other characters and give more feedback later on.
Radec - Long Range
Sweet Tooth - Close Range
Parappa - Short Range
Kratos - Mid Range ( Overall his moves are very well rounded and are diverse which lets him really excell on his combos)
Fat Princess - I really don't know but I would say she is Short - Mid Range. She has great combo potential with using mages to her advantage.
Sly - Mid Range

Overall Solid Game, they really did need the delay, the game is much more Agressive / Offensive than brawl, I don't find myself using Block as much as I use it in brawl. This is 4vs4 so it is supposed to be chaotic but I really don't know how 1 vs 1 will be affected / played out.

Zelink

Smash Rookie
Pm sent for a Beta key.

For those interested(assuming I get a key), I will be able to make videos. The problem is, I haven't played a Smash-styled game in ages so I will definitely need people to help make content whether about glitches, the better aspects of the game, the worse aspects of the game, etc. I will at the latest be able to start playing on Sunday, hopefully earlier(once again, if I have a key).

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
Yeah the camera looks better there

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
New keys sent to:

Zelink
Sables
Hylian
Kuro~
John2k4
mventre

Great job on some of the recent feedback guys, keep it up. Remember to try to give general impressions and not worry so much about the glitches since the beta code is several months old and most (all?) of those glitches have likely been fixed.

Link360

Smash Cadet
I have 24MBPS internet that can sometimes be shoddy and the Matchmaking often gives me a "Network Error" message before I even start playing a match, so I think that Superbot is gonna really wanna make sure the Matchmaking is perfected before the game is out, and that there should be a way of fishing out players that don't move because as I've said before nothing ruins a game like an AP punching bag. Either these players should be simply removed from the match or replaced with a CPU, whichever is deemed more effective by the developers. I'm also really hoping things like stages and characters can be added to the game via DLC because for games like this added characters can really add value to the game, if they released characters for about $2-4 each I'd probably buy them all just to spice up gameplay, and I could see the new content keeping the game fresh for me for a long time to come.

mventre

Smash Apprentice
I got a beta code today and played about 10 matches thus far. Obviously a newb, my biggest issue right now is keeping track of where I am on screen and what level, if any, super I am currently at. I think a helpful addition to this game would be to put some type of marking above each player's head that indicates what level of super he/she is currently at.

As of right now, when I attempt to look at the bottom of the screen to see who has what level of supers, I easily get side-tracked and it can mess with my gameplay. Not having to look at the player's profiles would definitely help this issue. Regardless, I'm sure in time I'll get use to taking my eyes off the combat every so often.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
new things found:

- have not had many games where all characters where active, starting to think maybe it has something to do with there online system.

- I have apparently died for reasons unknown

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
This game is really fun and had me up all night the other day learning the characters.

The only real problem I can see is the lack of a dash. It could be a double tap dash like most fighter games or whatever but in terms of mobility on ground level this game feels quite slow. It seems as if when I know there is an attack coming my only options are to block or roll away. This doesnt do much for spacing and punishing attacks. Short hopping away is a good option but then what if i want to use a super to punish them since supers cant be used in the air.

I like grabbing but it needs to be buffed up in some way.

I've been using Fat Princess, she has a lot of combo potential with the O moves having the ability to be used at the same time as other moves.

Kratos is a beast but his lvl 2 super is a bit weak.

I haven't really used anybody else. Radec users annoy me to death with all the spamming but I guess thats just how he's supposed to be used. I love closing in on Radecs before they get the chance to spam missiles.

Jinkwai

Smash Apprentice
This game is really fun and had me up all night the other day learning the characters.

The only real problem I can see is the lack of a dash. It could be a double tap dash like most fighter games or whatever but in terms of mobility on ground level this game feels quite slow. It seems as if when I know there is an attack coming my only options are to block or roll away. This doesnt do much for spacing and punishing attacks. Short hopping away is a good option but then what if i want to use a super to punish them since supers cant be used in the air.

I like grabbing but it needs to be buffed up in some way.

I've been using Fat Princess, she has a lot of combo potential with the O moves having the ability to be used at the same time as other moves.

Kratos is a beast but his lvl 2 super is a bit weak.

I haven't really used anybody else. Radec users annoy me to death with all the spamming but I guess thats just how he's supposed to be used. I love closing in on Radecs before they get the chance to spam missiles.
I think the lack of a traditional dash encourages people to use their moves to get around which is what I do.

Kratos level 2 is fine. Not sure why you think it's weak. The hitbox is huge and he can combo into it and is cappable of hitting multiple opponents.

On another note, rumor has it that there will be items that kill characters. I must say I am adamantly against this since it goes against the philosphy of the game. This is almost a dealbreaker for me.
:phone:

Killer Instinct

Smash Rookie
Thanks Alpha for the beta code! So far I'm loving this game. To me it feels great and play's great. I played all of the 6 characters (Some more than others) and they all are really different.

Parappa is my main right now. His -> Triangle is great for air maneuverability. His neutral circle is great to pull opponents closer to you and just mash the square button. Down circle is also great cause it generates AP. Just go to the other side of the map and get free AP while everyone is fighting. Other fighters can get the AP though. His level 1 you have to be in super close range to get a kill. I got 3 kills with it once lol. His level 2 is great. If everyone is in a crammed area just use the level 2 and get 3 easy kills. His level 3 is one of those cinematic's. Automatic 3 kills but only three kills. I use the level 2 more often since it's cheap and you could get three kills.

Need to play the other characters more to give some opinions. Loving the mash-ups. Also this game looks beautiful in HD. Giving more thoughts later.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I think the lack of a traditional dash encourages people to use their moves to get around which is what I do.

Kratos level 2 is fine. Not sure why you think it's weak. The hitbox is huge and he can combo into it and is cappable of hitting multiple opponents.

On another note, rumor has it that there will be items that kill characters. I must say I am adamantly against this since it goes against the philosphy of the game. This is almost a dealbreaker for me.
I'm pretty sure items will not be used in tournaments. It's like the dialogue that came with when brawl first introduced the smash ball.

So unless you plan on only playing ffa, then you won't have to worry.

Jinkwai

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty sure items will not be used in tournaments. It's like the dialogue that came with when brawl first introduced the smash ball.

So unless you plan on only playing ffa, then you won't have to worry.

I was hoping this game was tournament viable out of the box since (ideally) nothing directly affects your wins besides supers. I really liked that dynamic. And I really don't like the assumption that we should just follow what the smash community does since this game is objectively different. But items that kill tips the scale too much, so I'm very disappointed, especially since most of the items revealed so far were pretty even in power level.

Killer Instinct

Smash Rookie
Well from what I played Radec's level 3 never ruins the match anymore (Did his 7 times). Sly's level 3 still glitches the match. Parappa I think got his level 1 buffed. They added the Spear of Destiny. Picking up items works most of the time. Kratos level 1 seems to be longer, he runs a bit longer before swinging his sword, not too sure though. The backround's more violet now. That's all I have so far

zmx

Smash Lord
My wishes have been granted praise be to Superbot!
The overall gameplay seems to have gotten much faster though I need someone else to confirm this. I could be just imagining things.

Edit:

It IS a lot less glitchy. My PS3 hasn't frozen once yet and all matches have been completed.

Sables

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the beta!

I played a few matches yesterday and just found out there was an update today so I'll try and play a few more with the improved beta before I comment too much on gameplay. The player's teleporting all over the place as certainly been a bit annoying.

So far though, at first the gameplay was a bit frustrating since I didn't really know anything I was doing. I went into it with as much of an open mind as possible. After about 5 matches and starting to get a hang of the controls, as glitchy as it may be, this game is addictingly fun. I don't want to put it down.

Every character feels so different. My few complaints so far is that i wish the music was a bit more prominent. Of course I've also lost track of my character a few too many times due to the camera. I wish there were a bit more drastic differences between alternate colors when there's multiple of the same character. In one match as Radec, there were 3 Radec's total and while 1 is Red and is different enough the other 2 are far too similar. I got mixed up multiple times throughout the match and didn't know who was who, until I had to literally stop, look down at what player I was, and figure out where I ended up. I've gotten better at this though the more I started playing and judging by what was shown at Gamescom they've already improved this aspect a ton.

I'm super excited to play some more now.

zmx

Smash Lord
You now "die" in the water of Sandover Village if you remain in it for too long.

The only penalty seems to be losing a very little amount of AP. Your score is unaffected.

Superbot needs to fix this. The penalty should be greater.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I agree about making it a bigger penalty (-1) if you die in the water. Though I'm not sure how comfortable I might feel with that on a stage like Drake's Plane. I know Kirby-cides are not prominent on the highest levels, but imagine Ratchet using his vacuum and killing others by releasing them downwards.

yellowlink

Smash Rookie
Alright So new beta is up. Well the update anyways. What I noticed

It takes longer to connect in a game..
They changed screen color and stuff it's kind of purple blueish now.
Music is fixed
Winning Animations are correct
Being too long in the water in Jak and Daxter Level will kill you.
Controller changes once it finds an opponent letting you know if you will be P1, P2, P3, P4.

Now on to the battle changes.

Supers are definitely slower now, and it gives you time to get away from them. I only got to play with Kratos so far but his Lv.1 super was considerably slower, and he runs a little bit more before the slash.

Sly's Super ranges were nerfed when I played against him, and his invisibility wasn't as OP as before. He is still an amazing character from the looks of it, but he was toned down a little bit.

Radec Lv.1 super was not as effective as before. His Lv.3 does not glitch. Parappa and Sly's still glitches.

New Item - Spear of Destiny

Game plays a lot faster now and it seems you build up your AP real fast. So this gives you more time to build up for higher level supers and see games with bigger kill ratios.

It still froze on me once.

Jinkwai

Smash Apprentice
You now "die" in the water of Sandover Village if you remain in it for too long.

The only penalty seems to be losing a very little amount of AP. Your score is unaffected.

Superbot needs to fix this. The penalty should be greater.
I actually agree with this. Losing AP to completely avoid a Super seems very worth it. This makes falling off the stage very devastating to your tempo and takes the match out of your control.

By the way, I hope Superbot is reading the other All-Stars thread. Page 52 and on is me explaining why items should be balanced for competitive play and not directly affect win results (at least not without heavy trade-offs).

Pleas read my posts, Superbot:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=313630&page=52

zmx

Smash Lord
I actually agree with this. Losing AP to completely avoid a Super seems very worth it. This makes falling off the stage very devastating to your tempo and takes the match out of your control.

By the way, I hope Superbot is reading the other All-Stars thread. Page 52 and on is me explaining why items should be balanced for competitive play and not directly affect win results (at least not without heavy trade-offs).

Pleas read my posts, Superbot:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=313630&page=52
You can turn off items. Superbot have confirmed this. Lol.

Items can and will be turned off for competitive play as they are in Smash. What's the big deal? It's a non-issue.

No legit competitive scene is going to have items on.

Jinkwai

Smash Apprentice
You can turn off items. Superbot have confirmed this. Lol.

Items can and will be turned off for competitive play as they are in Smash. What's the big deal? It's a non-issue.

No legit competitive scene is going to have items on.
Just because we can doesn't mean we should. We don't even know if the items are unfair, so why are we writing them off? Let's give these a guys a chance to balance the items.

I understand the traditions and the debate that comes with the discussion of items, but I respectfully disagree. This is an issue because items in their current state are not an issue. Why fix what we don't even know is broken?

Since 2.0 is a pretty big update, I plan on doing another epic post soon.

STEM

Smash Cadet
I played a bit.
To be honest I didn't ilke it too much. As it stands, FFA doesn't work very well in this game. any time i try to get a combo off, i just get hit by someone else. I couldn't even figure out most combos because i kept getting hit by others when I try anything.
I know this won't be a problem in 1v1 though.
Ignoring what I just typed, the rest of the game is great. Of course I need to learn the moves more, it's a little weird playing with experienced people when I have no idea what any of my moves do.

zmx

Smash Lord
Here are my thoughts so far, I could go into more detail but then this would turn into an essay so instead I'll just break down the pros and cons.

Pros:
-When fully functional, Online is extremely smooth, especially considering I'm on the other side of the World right now having matches with what often seems to be Americans, after playing Brawl wifi for ages (that I can't even get to work here), this is an enormous improvement in every way
-Wide variety of moves, very few moves between characters are similar, characters in general feel very different
-Fluid combo system that seems to have a ton of potential which should only increase in team play
-Stage variety is good, even though the beta only has the 4 initial stages, I'm already noticing they play a key role in matchups, for instance, I feel Kratos is the best on his own stage for reasons I won't go into for now
-The Super System works and I see a lot of potential in it especially for 1 vs 1 and 2 vs 2
-Items so far are unique and interesting, for instance did you know you can jump in the air with an RPG and actually aim directly below you?

Cons:
-Characters could do with more short/jab moves, they are there but just not that common
-Blocking is broken, imagine Smash shields (so they cover all around you) except now they also don't deplete or take damage, it looks stupid too when you are shielding in front and attacks from behind also can't get you, this game would do well with crossups
-Characters would do well with faster dashing speeds, right now they seem far too slow on the ground
-While short hopping is in the game, everyone's short hop seems to be the same length
-Sly Cooper is still broken, I barely know how to use him and yet win most matches when I go him and by a very large margin
-Grabs seem to be too slow (startup), I doubt they'll ever catch someone by surprise
-Something seems to be missing, I almost want a focus attack type move like in SF4 or maybe Smash type spot dodges (when you press down while shielding and dodge in place)
In other words, I want one more thing that will add to close range footsies
-Timed free for alls gets dull after a while but I'd say that has more to do with the nature of the mode, I'm highly anticipating stock mode especially in 1 vs 1 or 2 vs 2
-Music gets drowned by Sound effects, hopefully we can turn that up during the full game
-this game could do with fastfalling, overall character floatiness I'd say is a bit less than Brawl BUT Brawl has fastfalling and a 10 frame buffer system so it ends up being faster once you master them

With that being said, keep in mind this is just a beta and a lot can change before release. Also as no one is really great at the game yet, some of my cons could be just lack of knowledge.

I'll answer any questions you have.

Sables

Smash Rookie
Alright I've gotten a really good number of matches in now. Starting out I was worried because I wasn't able to figure anything out. Because it's free for all it's pretty much impossible to sit there and try to figure out moves and combos on people when your constantly getting knocked from the back out of nowhere, the glitchy teleporting doesn't help with that either. The more I played the better it got. It started becoming incredibly fun to pull off supers once I found a few decent attacks and how to use them because for so many matches I wasn't even building meter effectively. Once that came it started to flow. I definitely don't expect to play much free for all, I'm just not a fan of the mode unless its just for random fun with friends. I feel like I would absolutely love 1 vs 1 in this game though or just stock matches in general.

Online is incredibly good. There's no lag whatsoever. Out of all the matches I've played only a handful have had some lag on certain players, but it never affected any of the other players. Just the person who was lagging themselves. Of course it would affect us when trying to fight them, but right now in just this beta its already infinitely better than anything from Brawl in this aspect.

The music is definitely an issue. It needs to be heard, its awesome music, but after the stage intro it gets completely lost and goes unnoticed the entire match because all you hear is the sounds of the fighting itself. It should atleast be equally heard and not get completely forgotten by fighters. I love the Jak and Daxter music, but you simply don't notice it anymore once the fight starts.

I have managed to pull off some combos, but only with Kratos and Fat Princess. The combos I have done felt so smooth. Like its meant to be there and has a ton of potential for more that we couldn't even begin to figure out without a training mode. All the moves in general all stand out from eachother and work. There's no attack I don't use atleast once and each is really fitting for multiple situations. I find myself wishing the grabs were better though. They seem too slow and are too predictable right now. Rarely do you see anyone actually land one in battle.

The Super's really really work. They truly do. It's so fun and exciting when someone activates a Super and your reacting quickly to dodge or counter with your own. I've really come to realize how important dodging in this game is. Just using Super's isn't enough if you got yourself killed just as much. Those who win are the ones who are the best at dodging for the most part. Its so crazy when you go into overtime and people are pulling them off left and right. The farthest a match I was in went was to a 3rd Overtime and it was just crazy fun to try and dodge and land Super's.

Overall I just love how every character is so different and how each can play so differently depending on the stage, but yet everyone is still so balanced for the most part. If every character in the game is each going to feel so different from eachother then that's really awesome. I'm not sure there's any fighter out there that would compare for how unique everyone is. That just goes so far in making you want to play more and more and keep trying and figuring things out with everyone.

DJ Arcatek

Smash Champion
What's the big deal about items? Lol. They're not gonna remain on for competitive play. The majority of the community will want them off and in the end, it'll be their vote over your 1 vote, unfortunately. Items are generally catered more to casual players, so if you're a casual player, then I understand.

Sables

Smash Rookie
Man, I didn't realize before playing how easily it was to mess up Supers. I both love it and find it extremely frustrating at the same time. By no means does just activating a Super do anything, I've had my Super's completely wasted from just getting poked with a normal attack just as its starting which results in the Super not even activating yet still losing all that meter at the sametime. It's all about timing.

I still will lose track of my character occasionally when there's more than 1 of the same character. When there's 3 of us I get completely lost multiple times and it always messes me up. There should be a better way for us to specifically see our own player vs the others possibly

Jinkwai

Smash Apprentice
What's the big deal about items? Lol. They're not gonna remain on for competitive play. The majority of the community will want them off and in the end, it'll be their vote over your 1 vote, unfortunately. Items are generally catered more to casual players, so if you're a casual player, then I understand.
I'm sure the majority of the smash community is going to want items off as an assumption that they would be bad for competitive play, but we don't know where items stand as of now. Also, this is a different game that the smash community will not completely accept anyway. This game will probably develop their own community, assuming smashboards doesn't create another forum or whatever.

And while I agree that items are intended for casual players, you can't deny that using items properly is a skill. Smash may have the most unbalanced and brain-dead items, but we don't know if All-Stars will.

D.A. RAFA

Smash Cadet
NNID
Prince_Judah_85
3DS FC
1392-6557-5159
Alright one thing I have noticed consistently with Sweet Tooth, not sure if other characters apply, but when the Match ends, if Sweet Tooth is in the middle of his Level 1 super when the match ends the game freezes.

On a side note, it would be nice if they added Dashing, Fast Falling and a Gravity system that makes all the characters weigh according to their size. Also my friend adds, if the character can automatically turn around when rolling forward. all these things would be nice to see, but nonetheless the game has potential and is at times fun.

Top Bottom