• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PlayStation

disasterABDUL

Smash Ace
true. capcom is just trying to keep up with the times
and i'm sure a lot of people will love it since TvC was a pretty great game
i'm just hoping my expectations of mvc3 being better than mvc2 gets met
and that it doesn't become a brawl and melee sort of deal where the two are so different that its hard to compare them

Vlade

Social Outcast
Forget FF and buy demon's souls instead. You'll thank me later.
I've heard good things about this game. What would you say are its main selling points?

true. capcom is just trying to keep up with the times
and i'm sure a lot of people will love it since TvC was a pretty great game
i'm just hoping my expectations of mvc3 being better than mvc2 gets met
and that it doesn't become a brawl and melee sort of deal where the two are so different that its hard to compare them
I personally loved TvC but a lot of people seem to despise it, so much so that there just aren't many players in the US and other regions which aren't Japan. The fact that I like the Tatsunoko characters was also a plus for me. I'm not much of a Marvel fan since I haven't read any of the comics but I'm still very excited for the game nonetheless.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
MvC be fine, let haters hate.

I had to pre-order Pokemon so no Dragon Age 2... then again, I'd advise not getting it. Wait until the future ultimate edition to save 100 dollars XD.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I've heard good things about this game. What would you say are its main selling points?
It's incredibly challenging compared to most games today. You'll die numerous times but instead of feeling frustration death is more of a learning experience. There's a certain satisfaction that you get when you finally overcome a difficult enemy or boss. The implementation of online play is incredibly unique. I consider it the best RPG of this generation.The game is only $30. Don't ask, just buy. :)

Vlade

Social Outcast
It's incredibly challenging compared to most games today. You'll die numerous times but instead of feeling frustration death is more of a learning experience. There's a certain satisfaction that you get when you finally overcome a difficult enemy or boss. The implementation of online play is incredibly unique. I consider it the best RPG of this generation.The game is only $30. Don't ask, just buy. :)
$30 for you lucky Americans :( Us people living in Australia have to pay ridiculous prices for games. The best price I saw Demon's Souls was for $50 here.

I like a hard game though so this sounds like the game for me :)

Chill

Red
BRoomer
$30 for you lucky Americans :( Us people living in Australia have to pay ridiculous prices for games. The best price I saw Demon's Souls was for $50 here.

I like a hard game though so this sounds like the game for me :)
No excuses, the AUS dollar is stronger than the US. Import and save money.

Do ett.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Just recently got a used 60 GB in pristine condition with SoulCalibur IV and Fat Princess. PSN ID is Herple-Derples, if anyone wants to add me.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Nice PSN, mine is my SWF name w/o a space. I'll add you, though the only online game I have is SSFIV, and I suck bad.

Edit: So I bought the new PS3 slim, 320 Gig, the one they sell with move, ya? I heard the slims lack Backwards compatibility, yet mine plays ps1/ps2 games? And yes, it is a slim. The one with move. I played FF7 today... lolz.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Yeah, I don't get it either. It's the PSSlim, I'm sure. It's he one sold with move, yet it played ff7 today. >.>

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Every PS3 model is able to play PS1 games. If you put in a PS2 game, it won't play. The only models capable of playing PS2 games are the 20, 60, and early 80s.

D

Deleted member

Just want to say that on January 3rd, 2011, I got a 160GB PlayStation 3 Slim with three games. Games I have for it are Gran Turismo 5, Ratchet And Clank: A Crack In Time, and SingStar + Dance. The former is an absolute blast and insanely addicting.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^ If you like action games, get inFamous. If you like Rpgs, get Dragon Age.

That's all I can really say :D

finalark

SNORLAX
Just want to say that on January 3rd, 2011, I got a 160GB PlayStation 3 Slim with three games. Games I have for it are Gran Turismo 5, Ratchet And Clank: A Crack In Time, and SingStar + Dance. The former is an absolute blast and insanely addicting.
RECOMMENDATION TIME!

Yakuza 3, great beat 'em up with some open world elements, needs more love.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
I just got PixelJunk Shooter and Castle Crashers for free today. I'll be getting Section 8 and the Fat Roles DLC for Fat Princess tomorrow. I am thoroughly enjoying my ownership experience thus far.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
In time, Killzone 2 was awesome, but I got really backed up with games and never finished it.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Has anyone gotten LBP2? I had a choice between that or ME 2, but I went for LBP because not only am I not old enough ('till next month) to buy m rated games, but also because it looked like a really fun game with a great level editor.

So far it definitely does not disapoint.

Edit: btw, if you buy a discounted game on PSN+, does it stop working when the subscription runs out? Mine runs out next month, I believe, and I was considering getting Scott Pilgrim.

Colonel Cuddles

Smash Journeyman
Has anyone gotten LBP2? I had a choice between that or ME 2, but I went for LBP because not only am I not old enough ('till next month) to buy m rated games, but also because it looked like a really fun game with a great level editor.

Edit: btw, if you buy a discounted game on PSN+, does it stop working when the subscription runs out? Mine runs out next month, I believe, and I was considering getting Scott Pilgrim.
I did. Yeah it's pretty great. Havn't fooled around with creat yet, but the story levels are definately impressive. Gotta wait for people to start making amazing stuff though.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings

It'll still work. But all the free games you get from PSN+ won't work.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
It'll still work. But all the free games you get from PSN+ won't work.
So...get a 3MONTH trial of PSN. Get a free game. It wears off. Can't use game until you renew? That is lammmeeeee.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
So...get a 3MONTH trial of PSN. Get a free game. It wears off. Can't use game until you renew? That is lammmeeeee.
There is a way to legally share games via giving your PlayStation Network information to someone and setting up multiple user accounts on your system. You get the full game and it doesn't cost you anything, but the game can only be on five different systems at once. I've got an arrangement going with three friends of mine. I've given them Fat Princess and Section 8, while I've gotten Castle Crashers and PixelJunk Shooter in return. Pretty sweet stuff, especially since we can all play online together.

For those who are wondering, it's been around since 2007, and Sony's already said they're not going to do anything about it.

I'd only do it with close friends or people who've proven themselves trustworthy, for obvious reasons.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
So, who's playing DC Universe Online?

Someone has to be playing besides me...

Killing Joke - Angbad - Lvl 30 - Healer
I was considering playing it, but the uber huge update file and long download time made me delete it.

I'm still enjoying LBP 2! It was definitely the right choice.

I also went ahead and got Scott Pilgrim for 5 bucks. :3

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
DC Universe would be epic if it was Marvel. Aside from a select few, DC is meh to me.

finalark

SNORLAX
So, who's playing DC Universe Online?

Someone has to be playing besides me...

Killing Joke - Angbad - Lvl 30 - Healer
YOUR SERVER NAME IGNITES MY INNER DC FANBOY.

Killing Joke was such a good story, I still need to go out and buy a copy.

Anyway, some of my friends play DCU and I'm interested in it but I'm not ready to drop 50 + 15 a month for it.

@Ryu Shimazu:

A similar Marvel MMO is being made for 360/PC.

OH CRAP THEY'RE CROSSING FANBOYS!

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
YOUR SERVER NAME IGNITES MY INNER DC FANBOY.

Killing Joke was such a good story, I still need to go out and buy a copy.

Anyway, some of my friends play DCU and I'm interested in it but I'm not ready to drop 50 + 15 a month for it.

@Ryu Shimazu:

A similar Marvel MMO is being made for 360/PC.

OH CRAP THEY'RE CROSSING FANBOYS!
I know. I know Marvel probably is copying DC, but I probs will play Marvel.

Venom powers please?

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
If Kick *** people end up being in that Marvel MMO, I will **** bricks, ignore my RPG hatred, and go out and buy it so I can see Hit Girl

Angbad

Smash Ace
NNID
Angbad
Screw Marvel.

I don't really like Marvel in general. lol

DCUO is great though, extremely fun and addicting. Well worth the cash.

Oh and Killing Joke is the server that Jim Lee is on haha. And yes Killing Joke is a great book xD.

Top Bottom