• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PlayStation

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I'm pretty sure that was the original patent for the Move. I could be wrong though.

But Kotaku needs to post articles every 20 minutes, so...

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
Journey
Valkyria Chronicles
God of War
Catherine
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
LittleBigPlanet 2
Heavenly Sword
Bioshock Infinite
Metal Gear Rising
Beyond: Two Souls
The Last of Us
Killzone 2

FML so many games I haven't played/bought yet...

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Some of those games aren't even out yet, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Also, rent Heavenly Sword if you can, it's really short.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I finally got around to playing Journey, I really enjoyed it. It was really unlike any other game I have played before.

I finished it in one sitting, it wasn't my original plan, but then I met someone(three people apparently, but I never noticed the other two) early on, and I think it worked out better that way, the game lasts just long enough to be good for one sitting.

We rushed through it though, so I will differently need to run through it again and explore more.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Man, @26 platinums and one is giving me a big tough time.

Tales of Graces F. 135 hours and I'm @90% with only a few left, but they require 20ish of grinding. Having to take another break and play Sly2/3 and stuff. gah.

pickle962

Smash Lord
I just beat assassins creed and i have a question. I imagine it'll be answered in the sequels, but im just dying to know.

1. How did Desmond
get Altair's eagle vision power at the end of the game? Was it a result of the piece of eden seen in this game or was it because Desmond has the blood or DNA of Altair and other assassins

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Finally gets Little Big Planet 2

Sits through 2 hours of updates...

:phone:

Oh I know how you feel. Nothing's worse than when you finally get that game you're hyped for and then...you have to wait and wait for it to update.

Also, just out of curiousity, how's XCOM: Enemy Unknown? I've heard some things on it, but nothing in detail.

Kraivenous

Smash Apprentice
I just beat assassins creed and i have a question. I imagine it'll be answered in the sequels, but im just dying to know.

1. How did Desmond
get Altair's eagle vision power at the end of the game? Was it a result of the piece of eden seen in this game or was it because Desmond has the blood or DNA of Altair and other assassins
I think it's explained in ACII.
it's called the bleeding effect. It's caused from using the animus and syncing with the ancestor.
At least that's how I remember it.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
So figured I should post this here, but they are quitting the production of PS2s finally. Actually, they already have... I'd reccomend picking one up before they jump crazy in price!

Ove

Smash Journeyman
So figured I should post this here, but they are quitting the production of PS2s finally. Actually, they already have... I'd reccomend picking one up before they jump crazy in price!
Wasn't that like, over a week ago?

theeboredone

Smash Legend
And has anyone played the latest DMC? Was thinking of renting it. Hear story is much improved, and gameplay is not much to be missed if you weren't that intense on the 60 fps thing.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
And has anyone played the latest DMC? Was thinking of renting it. Hear story is much improved, and gameplay is not much to be missed if you weren't that intense on the 60 fps thing.
I really enjoyed DmC to be honest.
I'd have to say it's my favourite out of the series, with the original being my favourite before hand. The combat's different; there's a larger focus on aerial combos than there used to be, but it plays fine, due to Dante feeling more agile.
The story's interesting, and I found the characters well done. Dante's always been a cool character, but there seems to be more depth to him on this one, hopefully they'll end up bringing this level of story and character development to the original series.

The boss fights are style over substance for the most part though, and it's shorter/more linear than the other games, going for more of a Bayonetta route than DMC's being in one huge area for 90% of the game, and backtracking constantly.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
DmC is actually pretty decent to be honest. There's a lot of people pooping on it for the wrong reasons, in my opinion.

My only issues with it was that there was no lock-on, no fixed camera (except during certain sequences), the bosses were boring for the most part, and it wasn't hard enough. Also, Kat kind of looks like a Barbie doll.

It's decent though, if you're a fan of the series or action games, I'd say go for it.

Jem.

Smash Master
Everyone should get Ni No Kuni. Fantastic JRPG. 14-15 hours through it right now. Sidequests and bounties are a nice way to make sure you don't just rush through the story too.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I want to play it because everything about it looks really appealing, but I can't dig the battle system somehow.

It looks really good though.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I was really unsure if I should have picked up Metal Gear Rising. Especially since I do not play many action games.

Then I fought a Metal Gear.

I picked hard for the hell of it, the Blade Wolf fight was also really fun.

Very worth it to trust Platinum Games after what I've played of Bayonetta imo.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
That's what I've been hearing as well, about 5-7 hours on the in game timer. The timer doesn't keep track of cutscenes, codecs, retries and stuff, so I imagine it will end up somewhat longer overall. I will not know until I finish it.

I've already spent a lot of time in the early areas because I want to listen to all the codecs.

I can see myself playing it a lot, but I can also understand people being concerned about the length, it's been fun nonetheless.

Ove

Smash Journeyman
Have been playing through Ni No Kuni this month. I have to warn people: don't listen to the hype too much.

The game is aesthetically beutiful and the story is really good (excluding the clichés). But other than that, this game has serious gameplay issues. Combat is tedious and messy, neither hard to master nor fun to play. As with the familliars (pokémons), they aren't unique and "catching" them is plain stupid due to flawed game mechanics.

As with most JRPGs, you have some huge grinding to look forward to. On the plus side, the game has a lot of game contents (side quests, new boss battles post-game, trophies etc.)

Finally, the music is a huge let down. Only a few soundtracks, and they don't even suit well in the different areas. The worst part with the game is probably the AI. They do literally nothing right.

Probably a 7/10 for me, which is a good score. But do some more research before purchasing Ni No Kuni.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I'm not going to lie, if the announcement coming up IS the announcement of the PS4, I'm going to be legitimately pissed off. Like, I'm not "looking forward to another system" when Sony's made it clear the PS3 is their main focus until at LEAST 2015. Announce the PS4 at E3 2015, NOT NOW. And especially don't WITHOUT BACKWARDS COMPATIBILITY.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
PS4 coming to stores near you this Winter.

I won't buy one until they do a slim release or a price drop. I hate being a early buyer with no games to play + graphics aren't as good as they can be.

Top Bottom