• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Playtime's over, Mini Kangaroo Hops on into Smash!

Magikarpow

Smash Journeyman
Well we could discuss the moveset I've created and what could be added or removed. Or just make a whole new moveset.

Or maybe talk about the original games..?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

If only Nintendo would make more of these for the new generation to enjoy. That's another thing about being a hardware company since they rarely have time to make more toys anymore (The closest thing to that is the Amiibos that Mariotehplumber smuggles).

The Gear game would be perfect for a throwing animation involves being grinder in between them. Something involving the Hopping Game (lower middle) would make for a great entrance animation that involves jumping out the hole. that Rabbit Coaster (or any of the older models for example) would be a great home stage for her since it's one of the few Nintendo toys that can be made into a real stage. The only hazards I can imagine would have to be the rolling beans that you roll down the different lanes of the slide. This video shows you can example of how it can work.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993

If only Nintendo would make more of these for the new generation to enjoy. That's another thing about being a hardware company since they rarely have time to make more toys anymore (The closest thing to that is the Amiibos that Mariotehplumber smuggles).

The Gear game would be perfect for a throwing animation involves being grinder in between them. Something involving the Hopping Game (lower middle) would make for a great entrance animation that involves jumping out the hole. that Rabbit Coaster (or any of the older models for example) would be a great home stage for her since it's one of the few Nintendo toys that can be made into a real stage. The only hazards I can imagine would have to be the rolling beans that you roll down the different lanes of the slide. This video shows you can example of how it can work.

I'd like to see a character like this represent all the casual friendly games Nintendo likes to throw Mario and Co. in so often. Mini Kangaroo Party, Mini Kangaroo Sports, Mini Kangaroo Amiibo Festival, etc... I think this could do great things to not only revive the character, but also help the Mario brand out, because Mario tends to face a bunch criticism due to being "pushed" on us too often. Then, when the Mini Kangaroo brand gets popular enough, Nintendo can sell these throwback toys, as kids will just want them because it has Mini Kangaroo on it. Mwahhahaha...ahem.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'd like to see a character like this represent all the casual friendly games Nintendo likes to throw Mario and Co. in so often. Mini Kangaroo Party, Mini Kangaroo Sports, Mini Kangaroo Amiibo Festival, etc... I think this could do great things to not only revive the character, but also help the Mario brand out, because Mario tends to face a bunch criticism due to being "pushed" on us too often. Then, when the Mini Kangaroo brand gets popular enough, Nintendo can sell these throwback toys, as kids will just want them because it has Mini Kangaroo on it. Mwahhahaha...ahem.
Literally the most genius idea you have ever mentioned here. Too hell with Wii Party (Most fans of the series loathe Party Phil) and Wii Sports, we need Mini Kangaroo to reclaim her throne as the mascot of casual Nintendo games. With the creation of Amiibos, one could hope that Nintendo think about revisiting toys in the future (even bringing back the character as well). :awesome:

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Literally the most genius idea you have ever mentioned here. Too hell with Wii Party (Most fans of the series loathe Party Phil) and Wii Sports, we need Mini Kangaroo to reclaim her throne as the mascot of casual Nintendo games. With the creation of Amiibos, one could hope that Nintendo think about revisiting toys in the future (even bringing back the character as well). :awesome:
As long as we steal money from the children I'm happy.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
No this was a legitimate question. What age range?
Generally 6-11 tends to be the target for things such as this. Not even because they want the toys, but they play the games, and their parents will buy the spin-off toys based on brand association.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Generally 6-11 tends to be the target for things such as this. Not even because they want the toys, but they play the games, and their parents will buy the spin-off toys based on brand association.
Okay, just making sure my age wasn't in that range because people have a variety of age ranges when talking about "children". Anyway back to dem Kangaroos that are minuscule.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I wonder if Mini-Kangaroo and her joey would get a Duck Hunt-styled redesign? I would like to see that, just not as Looney-Tuney as Duck Hunt. I mean, as cute and hilarious as they are, I can't exactly picture M.K. and her cute little joey looking like this:

Again, I still LOVE Duck Hunt in Smash, and think they are some of the cutest characters in Smash. But M.K. with those expressions? Maybe something similar, but softer.

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
You know, maybe we should get a few Ballot votes in soon.

She could work so well in Smash. Her only problem is that people don't know her...
It could also be argued that R.O.B. is already a toy rep. :ohwell:

But Mini Kangaroo is a better one. :3

Oh look, she even has a few alternate colors. :awesome:

Yes, Rabbit Coaster would make a beautiful stage. I'm imagining it and it's great.

Last edited:

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
That one mini game that looks like a Ferris wheel gave me a stage idea. Why not have a Ferris wheel stage that has 3 or 4 slowly-rotating platforms? If the Mini Kangaroo one won't make it (I don't even think that's supposed to be a Ferris wheel now that I look at it), why not a Pinna Park one instead?

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Mini Kangaroo has the whole "Literally who" going for her. Speaking of, this kangaroo didn't appear in a video game to my knowledge, which is one of the few officially stated criteria for the Smash Ballot or just Smash Bros in general. At least ROB was in some games. I even recall him being in a Mario Kart game. This logo isn't even related to video games!

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
We need a counterargument and rebuttal section in the OP. The biggest thing Mini Kangaroo has against her is probably that she has no relation to video games. However, she's still relevant to Nintendo and their history.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
We need a counterargument and rebuttal section in the OP. The biggest thing Mini Kangaroo has against her is probably that she has no relation to video games. However, she's still relevant to Nintendo and their history.
Smash is still about Nintendo's history. Mini Kangaroo is in that history. Plus its not like she's some random third party toy like My Little Pony.

Magikarpow

Smash Journeyman
Smash is about Nintendo, and their history. This is shown through characters like R.O.B and G&W. Even the Assist Trophies have Sheriff and Color TV Game 15 represent past Nintendo. Nintendo once made Toys and Games meaning they should have something to represent them from that era.

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
Smash is about Nintendo, and their history. This is shown through characters like R.O.B and G&W. Even the Assist Trophies have Sheriff and Color TV Game 15 represent past Nintendo. Nintendo once made Toys and Games meaning they should have something to represent them from that era.
But they still make games. :p

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I think if this character gets into the attention of Sakurai or at least someone working close to him, then it'll have a great chance at making Smash 5.

All his retro characters seem to represent a specific era of Nintendo's history (Mr G&W-Game and Watch, IC's-NES *now DHD seeing the IC's are gone, and ROB-SNES). I think the obvious choices for a new retro character would be to represent the Gameboy era with a character like Lip, but as Melee showed us he's done 2 retro characters in the past, so what better retro representation, than before any of that?

I think with that, there are 3 options. Sheriff- who can represent the arcades, Hanafuda- who can represent Nintendo's history as a card company(I think Nintendoji is a MUCH better choice for that though), or Mini Kangaroo- who can represent Nintendo's toy history. What it's all going to come down to with these, is what inspires him. Seeing that there's a good chance he's completely unaware of this character at the moment, we need to to continue to be vocal about MK so that we can make him aware of her existence. After that, I think her chances will go WAY up.

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
I think if this character gets into the attention of Sakurai or at least someone working close to him, then it'll have a great chance at making Smash 5.

All his retro characters seem to represent a specific era of Nintendo's history (Mr G&W-Game and Watch, IC's-NES *now DHD seeing the IC's are gone, and ROB-SNES). I think the obvious choices for a new retro character would be to represent the Gameboy era with a character like Lip, but as Melee showed us he's done 2 retro characters in the past, so what better retro representation, than before any of that?

I think with that, there are 3 options. Sheriff- who can represent the arcades, Hanafuda- who can represent Nintendo's history as a card company(I think Nintendoji is a MUCH better choice for that though), or Mini Kangaroo- who can represent Nintendo's toy history. What it's all going to come down to with these, is what inspires him. Seeing that there's a good chance he's completely unaware of this character at the moment, we need to to continue to be vocal about MK so that we can make him aware of her existence. After that, I think her chances will go WAY up.
OK, then I guess I'll go write a Ballot vote.

TheJukeBox

Smash Rookie
I'd like to be added to the supporters. The only other character that's more "what the heck" than her is the guy from the Wii who showed you the proper way to hold a wii remote...

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I'd like to be added to the supporters. The only other character that's more "what the heck" than her is the guy from the Wii who showed you the proper way to hold a wii remote...
Whom I also wouldn't mind.
Believe it or not........But I'd be okay with him too.:p I guess I'm just REALLY open-minded when it comes to Smash, which I'm sure (or at least hope) Sakurai would respect me for.
I'm a lot more close-minded on these things. I'd HATE for that character to be in the game. On par with Style Saavy, Nintendog, and Reggie to me.

I'll stick to Mini Kangaroo.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Friendly reminder, Mini-Kangaroo's time to shine would begin in approximately an hour. So be prepared to talk things out regarding how she can work in Smash 5/6.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Friendly reminder, Mini-Kangaroo's time to shine would begin in approximately an hour. So be prepared to talk things out regarding how she can work in Smash 5/6.
You're going to have to explain that to me.

Edit: Wait is it like one of those chances or vote for your character threads. I think I figured it out.

Last edited:

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED

Edit: Wait is it like one of those chances or vote for your character threads. I think I figured it out.
Yes, please explain.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Talking about the Rate Their Chances thread for tonight. I'm going to do a write up that explains the history of Nintendo's earlier products while detailing why the "character" would work well with the them of using them. On top of that, I will talk about the general idea that each game gets a hardware "rep" while naming examples and talking about the possible options.

So I'm going to stop right in the thread itself and be prepared to great a massive wall of texts since history is always gonna be big. You know, like a type of posts a certain Blue Pikmin does when defending Bayonetta and Young Link.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Talking about the Rate Their Chances thread for tonight. I'm going to do a write up that explains the history of Nintendo's earlier products while detailing why the "character" would work well with the them of using them. On top of that, I will talk about the general idea that each game gets a hardware "rep" while naming examples and talking about the possible options.

So I'm going to stop right in the thread itself and be prepared to great a massive wall of texts since history is always gonna be big. You know, like a type of posts a certain Blue Pikmin does when defending Bayonetta and Young Link.
I stopped watching that thread, but I'll make sure to hop on there tonight then.

Top Bottom