• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Please agree

GOKU2.0

Smash Rookie
Link to original post: [drupal=4950]Please agree[/drupal]

Ok not to sound dumb but dont you think brawl is Ghetto? Like you expect most characters in the game that can talk, would actually talk and have a conversation and what not but no! All they do is run around being cavemen that cannot talk right, just like link in all his games he runs around shouting rolling and swinging some big *** sword and shield around, when he goes into towns what do he do? He still runs around yelling with Shi* loads of money totaly out of style,breaking pots and destroying crap like really. i know i jumped from brawl to zelda but it just came to mind Like peanut butter and jelly or cereal and milk or ketchup to mustard or **** to ........ill stop now....

Pachinkosam

I have no friends, Im dead inside
melee is better

1.WAVEDASH
2.FAST FALLING
3.ACT LIKE A PRO

AND GOT ALOT OF SECRETS ;D MMMMMNMMM

GOKU2.0

Smash Rookie
No

Melee Let downs
Cant grab ledges BAARELYY
Airdoge result into danger state
To many coppys of characters...but i do like DR.mario and young link.
U get meteor smashed at like 17% your screwed

Pachinkosam

I have no friends, Im dead inside
Melee Let downs
its called a challenge

Spyro

Smash Ace
Melee Let downs
Sounds like johns to me.

*EDIT*: The clone characters have differant play styles than the originals (exept for maby dr. mario) so why should it matter? Brawl has a lot of clones too.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Melee Let downs
1. Cant grab ledges BAARELYY
2. Airdoge result into danger state
3. To many coppys of characters...but i do like DR.mario and young link.
4. U get meteor smashed at like 17% your screwed
1. Having played Melee for seven years before Brawl even existed, I must say that the ledge grabbing is not at all bad or less than it should be. If you play Brawl first, then yes, it seems impossible to grab ledges in Melee, but that's just because Brawl has a completely illogical collision box for the ledge.

2. The airdodge thing...I loved airdodging in Melee, because while you start falling after doing it, you're able to move in directions. I never wavedashed (didn't even know how to until after Brawl came out), I just enjoyed using that as a method of mobility.

3. There are semi-clones in Brawl too, and clones in Melee still have completely different playstyles despite the nearly-identical movesets.

4. No idea what you're talking about here. It's definitely possible to recover from meteor smashes at that low percent.

Sounds to me like you played Brawl first, in which case I can understand why you have these issues. But they're really not downsides in my opinion, because all of them (except 3) are pretty much just...things that require you to have more skill in playing the game.

That said, what the **** is going on in the OP.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
3. There are semi-clones in Brawl too, and clones in Melee still have completely different playstyles despite the nearly-identical movesets.
That's just not true at all.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
"Completely different" was a bit of an exaggeration, but none of the playstyles are identical. Mario and Dr. Mario are pretty similar, but the rest of them have something relatively unique about them.

GOKU2.0

Smash Rookie
:

Actually i had melee since i was 5 it was still the same things i listed i liked melee because it was my 1st ssb game and i got better over time on the flipside i hated melee because of all the stupid **** that happens and what cpus did.

CrossfadingRage

Smash Apprentice
The Brawl way of grabbing the ledge seems really illogical in the first place, and if you have THAT hard of a time trying to grab the ledge in Melee, you should probably just play Brawl anyway.

It just seems more realistic that you would have to be facing the ledge in order to grab it and within reasonable range (arm's reach) to even consider reaching for it.

Brawl is not 'ghetto'. The SSB series in itself is. Because (using your reasons) thats what every game was like.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
My only question is after almost 4 years why do people still care?

Top Bottom