• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Please Close

Cia

das kwl
ok who wants a shiny cresselia
haha.. sorry, i prolly shoulda gave you more time.. but i wanted to make sure i had a partner.. but let's team the week after that or if you need a partner for gauntlet, let me know also .. Lolz

oh, and i definitely wouldn't mind a shiny cresselia :D

D1

Banned via Administration
LOL nah Cris I'm already taken now u could team w/ Vanz.

um its weird that the Gauntlet is the day after the Biweekly everyone's gonna be mad broke for that tourney : (.

if ya'll wanna go post up!

Lets MAKE IT HUUUUUUGE!

LIKE THE JANUARY ONE!

Cia

das kwl
Don't feel bad. They'll be plenty of times when D1 and i can team. But this time, i'm gonna team with you, and i'm 100% sure that D1 understands that :D.

Yeeeeeeeeeeah!! the January Gauntlet was Hott!!

D1

Banned via Administration
So then lets make sure everyone makes it this Saturday! Save up yer lunch money b*tchez!!!

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
The same thing is gonna happen just like the week of MLG. Not many are gonna show cause of cash for both tournies. So My idea is ether make it a free day so people can just go and play smash all day and they would have to pay like 5$, no tourny on this da. cause others are gonna go to the one on saturday and are saving up for that. So think about it.And if you dont want to do this, then for friday this one time, cut the prize in half for entery. If the Pot is low, oh well, better then not haveing people go and making friday a waste of time. So ether make it a day were we all just smash til it closes and people who want to pay must pay 5 bucks. You store wont make as much as usual, but tourny on saturday is gonna force others not to go to the weekly cause of cash for saturday. If You dont want to do this, then the tourny on friday cut the entery in half. If you dont want to do this nether then oh well. I tried to make things simple for every one here. Its all one you guys. My opinion, just playing smash all day just for 5$ would be better cause I believe more will show up than usual. and $5 is nothing to worry about. Cant get the cash without the smasher going right?

Cia

das kwl
That or just do something to change it up this week.. like .. a $2.00 low tier tournament, or random character select tournament..

Dark.Pch's idea makes sense.. but playing smash for like 5-6 hours w/o prizes can get pretty boring quickly. or even if we did random crew battles.. SOMETHING!!

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Boring? Half of those people thatgo to the weeklies are there for the friendlies, and that all they do for those hours. The game is based on fun wether prizes are involed or not. That is alexes goal. for smashers to have a good time. Thats what happens at a smashfest People play For hours and have fun. STD is even longer than that and people still do it. and with a big crowd of people its even better.

Killa- Yea Talk to alex. He has no choice but to switch it up cause of the tourny on saturday. or its gonna be just like the one the week of MLG. I dont think he wants that again

Cia

das kwl
Noo, ur idea is really good, don't get me wrong.. But think about it.. Half way through.. people will just start sandbagging.. and 75% people just start leaving. I just suggested that by changing the events up, we'll have more fun.

example.

5pm to 7pm- Friendlies/MM's etc..
7pm to 9pm- Low Tier/Random tournament
9pm to 10pm- Friendlies..
10pm to closing- Friendlies/Crew Battles

or whatever.. that's just an example.. but the more u change things, the easier it is to keep peoples attention (assuming that it's going to be dead this week, otherwise we do as planned :D)

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Well Yea with this time set, it should be more interesting. I only go to the weeklies once a month cause for friendlies you have to play for that and I get paid once a month. and need to cash for other important matters. But if events like this happen every once in a while., I have no problem going. cause of the amount to pay. Anyway its all on alex on what he want to do, I just brought this idea up so it wont be another outcome of the MLG week and trying to help alex out.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Cool Hope he can agree with us both on the idea for this friday.
heh, who would have guess me and Vanz make a team team when it comes to idea. Maybe we do better on the smash field?...........

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Thanks for clearing that up killa. And It does not have to be double Peach. If he went Peach I would go Zelda. and if Not I would Be Peach. and I did not say I wanted to for sure. I was just thinking on how it would go with me and him on teams......

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Results from 5/11

Here are the full results (

2v2

1 - Kfox/Dj - Wes/Bum ( split )

3 - Vanz/Hax

4 - Jman/D1

5 - Vemon/Spam
Zro/Aluakard

7 - Blast/Jc
Kashan/Tone

9- Poop/Oni
Gar/Travis
Greyfox/Ak

1v1

1- Starzonedge

2 - Jash

3 - Hax

4 - Bum

5 - D1
X

7 - Blast
D.Pch

9 - Tech0
Quill
Fosho
Oni

13 - Shin Bowser Meow
Nox
Mook
Jman

Good Ish to my boy Jash you really are a hero lol....Alirght guys I am so happy everyone came by to support us as always. I am gonna talk to Ace + Kfox ( who SHOULD BTW CALL ME TONITE!) and tell them how the ranking will be and we wil start that up in June :). See you all next week and dont worry we will post all the info on what we will do in consideration to gaunlet tonite....stay tuned...EXCELSIOR!

^^;; btw Zenith info will be posted Wed...OFFICIALLY

Hax

Smash Champion
alright jc that's cool. ^^

yo guys i do agree with this free-weekly thing or whatever. i think it'd be great to have all weeklies before gauntlets/zeniths be free, meant to be practice matches. maybe we could throw in some mini-tourneys at each weekly, about $5 for singles/doubles; but i really do think this would be a great way to get some practice in and would help people like me who don't play ssbm that much anymore to shape up for the weekend tournies.

also, if this happens; could i please get my singles/teams free entry-fee valid for the week after? it's only fair considering this week will most likely be intended for practicing, lol.

(*Jman*)

Smash Champion
yo the only way me and Aluakard r going to this weekly is if we can get house so the next day we can go to the gontlent lol so any1 want to offer us lol

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
the Casual Friday Rate is $10... so thats how much it would be to play. if we go that route it would be better at least for that weekend. Also, if we do I will provide you guys with the same amount of setups with additional 2 smaller tvs for it.

I'll talk to KF and double check what we would like to do that weekend. Personally I think its better just to cancel the weekly and go with just paying for Casual Friday.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Pretty much so but people are concern about the cash and if they will have enough for saturday or they will not show up on friday at all. if you people to come of friday (wether a tourny is being held or not) I think best to make it a way where it suits for everyone and can still make it for saturday.

I dont know. This is my opinion and Idea. You dont have to agree with me, same goes for everyone else

Cia

das kwl
the Casual Friday Rate is $10... so thats how much it would be to play. if we go that route it would be better at least for that weekend. Also, if we do I will provide you guys with the same amount of setups with additional 2 smaller tvs for it.

I'll talk to KF and double check what we would like to do that weekend. Personally I think its better just to cancel the weekly and go with just paying for Casual Friday.
To avoid messing anything up, the weekly should just be the way it is. Enter the event if you can, if not, just pay for casual friday (which is the same price as entering doubles)

BUM163

Smash Lord
yoooooooo wasssup fellas.yo alex these weeklys need 2 b improved cuz the numbers r goin down each week.b 4 the money was good n i know it sounds greedy but after i heard the money for 1st i can careless.u payin almost full single price n not receivin not even more than half.i feel like sumthin should b done n mayb more people will come,which will make it more exciting.if not honestly i won't even bother goin really.anyway fellas i will b throwin pokemon tournaments singles n doubles in my house.also i'm doin smash training which their is a fee but itz completely negotiable so i let the person decide the price n hours.my aol name is oni163 n i'm in the bx.i will b throwin a smashfest soon just message me here or on aol 2 find out

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Why I play Peach you ask? Simple.

-All fighting games I only play with female

- and the main reason is cause Peach is my favorite nintendo character. So I have good reasons for useing her. And all that know me know this since day one. So she is nearly me. So my reason are very respectful and I live up to it. All Mario games I use Peach. No one else put her.

Also, If you hate her that much............why use her? You have other characters right? So dont use her if you hate her and use someone else. that simple. and dont complain about her in here so another fight and such breaks out in here again. You dont like her, dont use her and switch.

Aside from this yea I kinda agree with bum on this one now that I think about it. but I can say or do much. Just put my opinion out there and try to help make these things more fun and better for the smashers out there

Grey Fox

Smash Journeyman
A reason that people might not be coming is because of school. Since it very close to bieng over like in 2 or 3 weeks all the finals and stuff are hapening and what not. idk maybe this could be a reason.

Alejandro_P

Smash Ace
Why I play Peach you ask? Simple.

-All fighting games I only play with female

- and the main reason is cause Peach is my favorite nintendo character. So I have good reasons for useing her. And all that know me know this since day one. So she is nearly me. So my reason are very respectful and I live up to it. All Mario games I use Peach. No one else put her.

Also, If you hate her that much............why use her? You have other characters right? So dont use her if you hate her and use someone else. that simple. and dont complain about her in here so another fight and such breaks out in here again. You dont like her, dont use her and switch.

Aside from this yea I kinda agree with bum on this one now that I think about it. but I can say or do much. Just put my opinion out there and try to help make these things more fun and better for the smashers out there
You really are a tool sometimes.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Uh..........I was not taking that as to lash out. Nor start a fightI was not one bit mad.. I just said my reason for using her thats it. Now enough of the Peach thing and drop the subject. this is tourny talk only.We dont need people starting things up here, I already drop the subject. So dont bring it up and move on, and and my post was not even directed to you. So forget this whole thing and move on.

Ey bum im confused here. you said you training people for free.......yet we have to pay for it.....maybe I missed something here, can you explain this more to me please?

Edit- well since saying my opinion and not even trying to start anything still gets me yelled at and people upset or I get named call. I guess there is only one was to deal with this. I'll end it all for you. I wont speak or share my opinions anymore, or in person for that matter. so yea sorry for the way I am. its just me, cant change that. So dont worry, I'll end all the fights so you wont hear or see me much. Yo guys can carry on now. Bye.

offcell

Smash Apprentice
I'm sure Vanz was just playin' around. People were just letting you know it was a joke, though a little harsh, I believe, but don't let them get to ya.

Don't let silly things like that stop you from posting, showing up or having fun, if that's what you were getting at in your last post...

Cia

das kwl
COME ON!!.. everyone knew i was joking.. she's even on my banner <_<.. i think Dark.Pch just used that as an excuse so he can write another essay :D

Top Bottom