• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Please Close

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Most of NY is already decided on Brawl so I don't see that as a discussion topic.

As for you entering the tournament itself I don't see why you should be excluded from the tournament itself. You purposely put more work on yourself for the community and I think its wrong for you to get penalized for it.

Besides the only reason for doing that type of **** would be to help a tournament run faster. But Jay0yeah and some others?? help you out with the tournament so I don't see that as an issue.

Bum NY wants brawl so the tourney scene should be mostly brawl and if you ever want it to be melee?

And I think you should be able to decide for yourself if you would like to enter a tourney or not.

JumpMan_Punk

Smash Journeyman
Please Post Up Whether U Think Me And Acemarth Should Join Or Not And Please Be Honest And Explain Ur Reason Why. Also They Don't Want Tournaments. They Want It To Be Casuals. Meaning It's Up To Ya To Decide And Theres Alot Of Melee Vs Brawl Still Goin On And Nothin Will Be Settled.
I heard alot about this happening when the weeklies first started way back in the past. I want BUM and Acemarth to still join, it's not gonna hurt anybody regardless. Plus I like things as they are even though it might be cheaper. If i wanted casuals like that i would go to my friends house for free. A tournaments give ppl drive.

BUM163

Smash Lord
Yea It's Not Making A Good Profit And It Ends To Late And Things Were Stolen Earlier In The Beginning Of Weeklys. Me And Acemarth Will Talk To The Boss Tomorrow And Try To Figure Something Out. I Wanna Keep Things Alive In Ny And I Will Try My Hardest. The Reason Why I Kept Weeklys Cause The Game Is New And Everyone Wants To Practice And A House Is To Small To Have More Than 10 People. I'm Gonna Try My Best Fellas. Please Continue To Post Whether Ya Want Me And Acemarth To Join Weeklys/tournaments And State Ya Reasons Why So I Can Show The Boss 2morrow. This Is Very Important.

-__-

Smash Ace
i dont want bum to enter cause then i lose X_X LOL j/p but yea i think ya shuld still enter the tournies but have sum1 running the brackets as ya play cuz then itll slow things down if its only u running it and u still haveto play

ace_marth

Smash Champion
bronx, ny (im up for any fights, if u intersested,
they mean casuals as in u come in and pay money at the door then ya can go downstairs and do watever ya want (casuals, MM's, tourny's, w.e)

but yea i dont really play brawl but i know bum is good at it and i know most ppl come to just play him.

I play melee and i know we will be hosting more melee tourny's so i would like for ya to back me up as well i want to enter melee tourny's. i know A LOT of ppl would hate to not be able to play me again. even tho it does mean easier tourny wins for ya :)

BUM163

Smash Lord
good point and i agree with that also. it's hard to run it even by myself or acemarth and thatz y i want two helpers that will come every week so we can watch all around and only us will have the brackets.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
they mean casuals as in u come in and pay money at the door then ya can go downstairs and do watever ya want (casuals, MM's, tourny's, w.e)

but yea i dont really play brawl but i know bum is good at it and i know most ppl come to just play him.

I play melee and i know we will be hosting more melee tourny's so i would like for ya to back me up as well i want to enter melee tourny's. i know A LOT of ppl would hate to not be able to play me again. even tho it does mean easier tourny wins for ya :)
I'm soooooo down for melee.

I'm also coming to a brawl one too.. whenever I get enough money that is.

BUM163

Smash Lord
we wanna do melee also and third strike and possiblity halo and counterstrike cause that brings in alot of people. i like doin things that bring alot of people and shows the gaming community is real good. continue to post

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
I'm not sure what's going on with the 5 dollars bit, but I can try to give a reason as to why the boss don't want ya to play. This could be one of several things

1) Fairness - When you look at it on a friend side of view, you see this should be no problem. When you look at it at a skill side view, then things are different. It's like a boss trying to swindle their top player in the employement area to take over the other player's money. Pretty much, it could be that he's trying to prevent people from thinking that we're 'stealing' his money by putting a really good player to get 1st place (or top spots). This was like this when Acemarth was doing the tourys and his boss told him to NOT enter tournaments.

2) time - Like Techzero said (which I will quote him), is to make the tournament be run faster and smoother, the most esential thing for tournaments. Not only that, but it keeps others and/or store from getting their stuff stolen.

Now, do I want Bum and Ace to enter tournaments? Yes, but they have to understand that they're now TOURNAMENT HOSTs. They have to keep in charge of tournaments at all cost, even if it means sacrificing entry to do it. Toury host and smash entrees are two completly different things. If they can't do both (which is really not recommanded), then they're gonna have to choose one or the other.

Besides the only reason for doing that type of **** would be to help a tournament run faster. But Jay0yeah and some others?? help you out with the tournament so I don't see that as an issue.
Keep in mind that the boss had a issue about that several weeks ago (I think it was longer). Alex came over a few times to help run it, but the boss told him not to do that. He told Bum that he doesn't like others running the tournament because he feel they may ask for payment. So the most Jay0 and others do is like, try and support and all. I mean, Jay0 and such help out, but not all that much because they don't want Bum to get in trouble.

EDIT: I just read the 5 dollars part. So that pretty much mean we have to bring 15 - 25 dollars to play Brawl singles or doubles. Looks like they're getting greedy. That or they're punishing us for last week's happenings... ><;;

BUM163

Smash Lord
naa not punish, but it's a business. they have to make money. we gonna figure out how they can make money and i don't blame web2zone. no one came in this weekend that past and plus they like to close at 11pm. i been slackin in that department and if they give me the chance, i will pick up the slack somehow

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
bum- i think u and ace should be able to enter.. im sure every1 does.
brawl was brining in a lot of new people and we were having a lot of ppl entering at a time.
this past weekend there was confusion on if there would be a weekly + weather and stuff... so the turnout shouldnt be judged by that.

if ur boss says there's no money in it then cconvince them to let u try again ... and we will get a lot of people to go this week.

sirgawain26

Smash Rookie
could u do a mm at the tournament on saturday? i dont go to training grounds >_<
Sure, Saturday is fine. Bum, if there isn't a problem with Us setting up our own tournaments, i wouldn't care if i was in charge of it, even if i couldn't play. If i were able to do it, i'd be able to go every week since i'm out of classes at FIT and i'm free all summer. I can also make a website with results and rankings. If you have any doubts, you could ask Jumpman or D1 about me. I want to give everyone this option in case other things don't work out with your boss. I'd also would like to see you and Acemarth play because good players bring in other good players. I don't care about winning or losing, just want to see great players play.

Shin Bowser Meow

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinBowserMeow
3DS FC
4184-3865-2383
* Stops playing with catnip for a second *

Everything important has already been said by various members of teh community. YOu know if i'm there i'm game for anything and its bullcrap that tehy dont want yallz to enter, butthey had a probelm with lettting Alex help out... anywho this catnip is too good for some odd reason...

* Drinks Rock Smash bubble tea and calls it a night *

-Moo

(*Jman*)

Smash Champion
bum and ace should both be able to enter tournys..

thats just dumb if w2z does not let dumb wtf..

1 of the reasons people want them to enter is cause they r the best (wink wink) and we want to play them to see how we do vs them..

Luck-NYC/NJ

Smash Lord
BergenField, Bergen County(North East Jersey)
$5 so if you win, i can play you again in the tourney. I'll be the weird guy wearing a winter hat tomorrow. Same thing for you J-man.
LOL. you'll be a weird guy...? ok...

yea also id like to mm you.

in nyc, being new, no offense, you want to do mm's very quitely otherwise half of ny will want to do it. and it looks bad to put out a request and turn down some but not others.

but yea 5$ is 2 much for me cuz im a kid and cuz im not 2 confident. but ill do 2$.

CanISmash

Smash Lord
Elmont LI, Queens. Philadelphia during semesters.
you both should be able to enter. and if people want to volunteer to help then there should be no problem in it.
judging this past week is the dumbest thing i've heard of.
what do you expect when the whole week up to the day of, the tourney has been on / off. as you saw people called in and it was cancelled and people were told it was just casuals. (for brawl) organization = key key key.
as for melee it just needs advertising and needs to be done in advance. i think a week or two in advance is good to attract out of staters as well. melee bi-weeklies? or large tourney monthlies like zenith? that's up to you guys to decide. give us some options and let us decide.

the community wants both, and i think they should get both.

PRiDE

Smash Lord
anyone want to team with me on Saturday?

I suppose i should say that I use Yoshi too...(usually when i say this people run away from me)

Mega-Japan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shonendo
3DS FC
0791-4753-3390
Bum, I definitely want you and AceMarth to keep entering, the competition is tough either way, but is fun to hopefully one day kick some Donkey Butt... One day...

Anyways, I obviously want Brawl over Melee since I stopped playing Melee ever since Brawl came out.

Bum, I'll train with you on Thursday's training grounds. I'll also be there on Saturday at 2:30 PM.

I'm not sure if madiaz will make it or not this Saturday so I'll be open for teams.
My main is the Super Special Awesome Hyrule Princess.

DAlegendarysamus

Smash Lord
honestittittiy

Well I Think In Order For This Whole Thing To Work U Need To Run The Tounrament Quicker And Still Be Able To Play If U Cant Do That Then U Shouldnt Play. Since The Players And The Management Complain About How Long It Takes And That It Doesnt Finish. So Theres My Answer. I Would Help But Ppl Are Going To Have To Come Out Thier Pockets In Order For Me To Waste Most If Not All Of My Sat On Weeklies To Not Be Able To Enter Them Or Even Host And Enter Them Things.
Thats The Only Way I Would Do It And Trust Me If Those Needs Are Met Then Everyone Knows Me I Will Get Matches Going And Ppl Off Of ****.

sirgawain26

Smash Rookie
I remember you Luck but i don't think you remember me. I was played you already and you couldn't beat my Ike with your marth at battlefield, then you switched to Dedede on castle siege and i 3 stocked you there with Ike. remember me? guess not T_T

Cia

das kwl
please keep in mind that last saturday, there was a melee tournament in PA that quite a few of us went to.

and there's another melee tournament THiS saturday that a few more of us will be going to.

than there's cheezit's event the saturday after that.

w2z may be in for a summer of dissappointment. but that's what happens when u can't cater to multiple communities.

gkrackerr

Smash Ace
definitely got my support for ya two to enter the tournies, but I think rockin stated it pretty well. If you can't convince your boss that the people helpin out WON'T ask for money, and you're forced to run it without that aid, then you need to put the tourney first.

However, it aint just your part; we as a community would most def. need to step it up to ensure that there isn't a reason that you have to quit the tourney to organize it. That means, and you guys have been sayin it for mad long, that matches have to be reported, no effin friendlies during toureny except for that friendly tv in the wayyy back, arrive on time and proper and don't leave early without mentioning.

and of course, melee weeklies would be mad sexy. They are crazy difficult as is, but I love the fact that I'm still learning an OD amount and that I have an inspiration to get better.

SPECIAL MELEE EDIT: Vanz, how do you guys get up to those tournies an back? (the PA an NJ ones)

Messiano

Smash Journeyman
I want to start a Big Tourney for a good cause for more info please Message me on AIM : Messiindamind

Luck-NYC/NJ

Smash Lord
BergenField, Bergen County(North East Jersey)
I remember you Luck but i don't think you remember me. I was played you already and you couldn't beat my Ike with your marth at battlefield, then you switched to Dedede on castle siege and i 3 stocked you there with Ike. remember me? guess not T_T
oh now i remember you. indeed you did **** me. i dunno why i went De3 probably cuz hes mad gay lol. ill still do that money match.

Alukard

Smash Hero
so wait wats going on lol ... like wats up with the tournies and stuff ... and w2z management is like all over the place ... they have the weirdest rules lol ... i dont understand why the would even ask ya not to play lol

but yea ... like everyone said it makes no sense ... unless its about it being run very slow ... then yea i mean if u guys weren't playing it would b run faster hence on how jayO and alex ran it ... they didn't enter and it was done maddd od early lol ... i mean playing DOES take time out whether u 3 stock someone or not lol ...

i just kno this ... samoose aranz is smexy =]

madiaz3

Smash Apprentice
postin to say i want bum and ace to enter, sole reason: maximize competition, simple as that

HoMaLoN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HoMaLoN
Please Post Up Whether U Think Me And Acemarth Should Join Or Not And Please Be Honest And Explain Ur Reason Why. Also They Don't Want Tournaments. They Want It To Be Casuals. Meaning It's Up To Ya To Decide And Theres Alot Of Melee Vs Brawl Still Goin On And Nothin Will Be Settled.
LOLz im gonna loose a lot of kool points of saying this so dont attack me or take me serious
WARING THIS IS A JOKE: Yeah Bum and Ace shoud definitely be in tourneys cuz i don't really care about playing the other n00bs that enter the tourney. i mean, Who else am i gonna grease up a take their reputation? ehhh?no competition at all if yall left.

lolz everyone is koool no disrespect lolz but yeah i think ppl would like it more if they could prove themsleves to u and Ace if they played yall in tourneys which is y i yall shud enter

Alukard

Smash Hero
well ace sucks in brawl ... so he doesn't count for brawl ... but in melee ... he does lol

Cia

das kwl
umm, I left a silver controller there last week. I know which one it is because there's like some kind of black ink on the nintendo logo under the controller.. has anyone seen it??

Jay0yeah

Smash Ace
Yeah

"I Would Help But Ppl Are Going To Have To Come Out Thier Pockets In Order For Me To Waste Most If Not All Of My Sat On Weeklies To Not Be Able To Enter Them Or Even Host And Enter Them Things"(Wes).

I agree with Wes' point about helping out. Alex S. and myself (Smash Suits) will not mind running weeklies from time to time.

But, little cash or incentive will not hurt for Smash Suits. We love running tournament events and we are known for our quick pace and efficiency.

My point is: I want Ace and Bum and every other player to enter. Let us (Smash Suits) run a number of NYC weeklies, but in return its only right for us to have some incentive (Money, Food or some sort of benefit). It's an equivalent exchange (Full Metal Alchemist). Again, this is for Ace and Bum to take part in tournaments.

"I fight for my friends" (Ike).

Jay0yeah aka Smash Suits!

Venom NY

Smash Lord
we'll i think honestly that you and ace deserve to play,but i mean if both of ya are playing and matches are done we have to wait for ya to finish your match to report ours,and you get alot more distracted

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I just say give me a free slice of pizza and I can help. I do not know why it was necessary to "ban" me for helping bum. Either way this sounds like something they tired a while ago with me and I stood my ground and worked it out.

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
"I Would Help But Ppl Are Going To Have To Come Out Thier Pockets In Order For Me To Waste Most If Not All Of My Sat On Weeklies To Not Be Able To Enter Them Or Even Host And Enter Them Things"(Wes).

I agree with Wes' point about helping out. Alex S. and myself (Smash Suits) will not mind running weeklies from time to time.

But, little cash or incentive will not hurt for Smash Suits. We love running tournament events and we are known for our quick pace and efficiency.

My point is: I want Ace and Bum and every other player to enter. Let us (Smash Suits) run a number of NYC weeklies, but in return its only right for us to have some incentive (Money, Food or some sort of benefit). It's an equivalent exchange (Full Metal Alchemist). Again, this is for Ace and Bum to take part in tournaments.

"I fight for my friends" (Ike).

Jay0yeah aka Smash Suits!
this seems logical... if you guys came to help out more it'd work out well and get tihngs done faster... also good job for quoting FMA lol, one of the best animes IMO :bee:

Jay0yeah

Smash Ace
Jay, can't we pay you and Alex our love, gratitude, and enternal frendship?

It's cheaper and more rewarding :3[/QUO

That's all good but some benefit has to be put into account. It doesn't have to be money. What you quoted is just as good as money. I was just giving examples of some benefits. Whatever works for ya

Jay0yeah

Top Bottom