• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Please Close

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
@Keitaro: Jman legitimately was just ******* around during that set. He wasn't even looking at the screen half the time. All of this "no johns, tourny match" bs is stupid. Not everyone cares about their performance in tournament and what place they get, so it really isn't inconceivable for someone to sandbag for fun. The fact that Inui took that set so seriously only makes it a greater source of amusement for us.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
@Keitaro: Jman legitimately was just ******* around during that set. He wasn't even looking at the screen half the time. All of this "no johns, tourny match" bs is stupid. Not everyone cares about their performance in tournament and what place they get, so it really isn't inconceivable for someone to sandbag for fun. The fact that Inui took that set so seriously only makes it a greater source of amusement for us.
I'll give Jman props for showing he could take him out in losers but he gets no props for what I did to him in my sig, none at all :laugh: <3 Jman

DAlegendarysamus

Smash Lord
Black Power

I'll give Jman props for showing he could take him out in losers but he gets no props for what I did to him in my sig, none at all :laugh: <3 Jman
LOL I GIVE U PROPS FOR THAT SIG LOL THATS SOMETHING A SONIC PLAYER WOULD DO LOL WOW, BTW WE HAVE TO FIGHT TOO SINCE YOUR BLACK I AM BLACK WE HAVE TO DO THE BLACK ON BLACK CRIME SO YEA WE MUST FIGHT TO SEE WHO IS THE BETTER BLACK MAN AN YOU HAVE A GIRL AND I HAVE A GIRL SO IT ALL MAKES SINCE LOL.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
LOL I GIVE U PROPS FOR THAT SIG LOL THATS SOMETHING A SONIC PLAYER WOULD DO LOL WOW, BTW WE HAVE TO FIGHT TOO SINCE YOUR BLACK I AM BLACK WE HAVE TO DO THE BLACK ON BLACK CRIME SO YEA WE MUST FIGHT TO SEE WHO IS THE BETTER BLACK MAN AN YOU HAVE A GIRL AND I HAVE A GIRL SO IT ALL MAKES SINCE LOL.
LMAO!

Wes never ceases to amaze me. :laugh:

Keitaro

LMAO!! Aight Wes, we'll do it whenever Montage or some NJ people decide to head to an NYC tourney.

MRS1

Smash Journeyman
Hey everybody knows about the brawl tourney at Nintendo World on wednesday right? I can't go but maybe some of you guys can... I think its from 1 to 4 or something. I'll be at training later though.

-MOM

Jay0yeah

Smash Ace
WOW! A Nintendo world tournament for Brawl and I work 2morrow. NO! Somebody needs to go there and own that tournament. Thanks Mom for the information

Jay0yeah

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
My bad, I should have said M2K and Ryoko. They are the only two people I can say for sure are better than me and camping harder would not necessarily mean I would win a match I would lose to either of them because they are more skilled players. I don't play the game enough to be able to judge if anyone who is near my skill level is better or worse than me but I can say for sure that those two are.
alright, but if they can get around camping in brawl and beat you then that means that better and smarter players could find a way around it.
also.. didnt ryoko quit now? he told me that after he beat a certain person in brawl tourney he was quitting lol.. i know that he now did so...

also, wes- i talked to crew members and we'll definitely have enough for 5v5.. as long as there is a weekly that weekend and nothing comes up i'm surre my crew members and i can get there.

Cia

das kwl
shadow - you're reeeeeally defending brawl super hard. how could u not think brawl is all camping. remember our last tournament match?? i knew I couldn't beat you normally.. so I just camped.

even in a "disadvantage" match up, if you camp well enough, you've got the match.

another example would be a statement you made regarding d1 winning the past few weeklies.

D1 (n): a well known camper in brawl

Kwis?

Smash Apprentice
nintendo world tournament

WOW! A Nintendo world tournament for Brawl and I work 2morrow. NO! Somebody needs to go there and own that tournament. Thanks Mom for the information

Jay0yeah
Isnt it for Kids 13+ and they have to play with their fathers?

I think i got a flyer uhh.. last sunday that said it was on the 15th of june

for fathers day brawl or somethin like that

and what day/time is the weekly this week?

dmbrandon

Smash Master
I just called, there's no tournament tomorrow, there. Which is good, cause I wanna play the SFhdremix beta all day!

Jay0yeah

Smash Ace
I just called, there's no tournament tomorrow, there. Which is good, cause I wanna play the SFhdremix beta all day!
Yes, there is no tournament at Nintendo World tomorrow. I guess that's good. I hope they have a tournament during the weekend sometime this summer. Lets see what happens

Jay0yeah

madiaz3

Smash Apprentice
Hey everybody knows about the brawl tourney at Nintendo World on wednesday right? I can't go but maybe some of you guys can... I think its from 1 to 4 or something. I'll be at training later though.

-MOM
hey mom whatsup not sure if im going to that but now that schools done im going to show up to trainin we can get some good matches going

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
shadow - you're reeeeeally defending brawl super hard. how could u not think brawl is all camping. remember our last tournament match?? i knew I couldn't beat you normally.. so I just camped.

even in a "disadvantage" match up, if you camp well enough, you've got the match.

another example would be a statement you made regarding d1 winning the past few weeklies.

D1 (n): a well known camper in brawl
well, i don't think you really did camp that much in that set you played the matchup well and were being smart. i do think i can beat you though.. since you dont practice brawl too much and i usually beat or go even with good dededes.. so it was probably u just being smart and doing well

but i really cant remember you camping much on that one.. meta can't really be camped by dedede that well..
also .. well D1 didn't camp on me at all really.. used lasers but not to camp really... he actually did some sick stuff and i think you should definitely watch his matches lol.
one stock at like 80 he short hop lasered me fast fell landed below me and up smashed.. it was pretty nice lol.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
alright, but if they can get around camping in brawl and beat you then that means that better and smarter players could find a way around it.
also.. didnt ryoko quit now? he told me that after he beat a certain person in brawl tourney he was quitting lol.. i know that he now did so...
When did I say they got around camping? :laugh::laugh::laugh: They just happen to camp more intelligently then I do and I have problems reading them. For instance, in Peach dittos when Ryoko has a turnip I'm not sure what he's going to do :(. Sometimes he'll throw it and sometimes he'll throw it in the other direction to bait toad and then hit me. M2K rolls and sidesteps in Brawl LESS than he does in Melee and I generally find it difficult to know what he's going to do. However, he definitely camps and was complaining when I called him gay by saying he has no way of approaching. As for Ryoko quitting, I'm not sure. He did enter a Brawl doubles tournament last Saturday.

Shadow 111 said:
one stock at like 80 he short hop lasered me fast fell landed below me and up smashed.. it was pretty nice lol.
:urg: I miss the days when it took more than 2 hits for a combo to look nice.

Cia

das kwl
throwing dee's, spamming Ftilt & inhale + retreating Bairs..

those are all forms of dedede's camp game. camping doesn't necessdarily standing on one side of the stage and throw projectiles. I don't think I approached you once. that's the dedede version of camping.

and you're right. I practice brawl like.. once a week (or every other week), but I'm still a decent player. most people wouldn't even know I don't practice.

not that it effects me negatively, but you don't find it odd that people who barely ever practice can do well against people who practice daily?? (not necessarily you)

D1

LOL Vanz just defined me Merriam Webster's style?

LMAO

D1 (noun): A well known camper in Brawl

LMAO!

<3

*leaves laughing @ how everyone was arguing in the threads last night while me and a buncha other EC heads were having fun playing Mario Kart Wii on Wifi instead*

Instead of arguing...just enjoy a REAL game that takes no skill and is TRULY random as hell...

...Mario Kart Wii.

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
throwing dee's, spamming Ftilt & inhale + retreating Bairs..

those are all forms of dedede's camp game. camping doesn't necessdarily standing on one side of the stage and throw projectiles. I don't think I approached you once. that's the dedede version of camping.

and you're right. I practice brawl like.. once a week (or every other week), but I'm still a decent player. most people wouldn't even know I don't practice.

not that it effects me negatively, but you don't find it odd that people who barely ever practice can do well against people who practice daily?? (not necessarily you)
alright, i see what you mean.
i don't think someone completely new can really beat a really good player.
like i doubt you would do well against the best players right now because u don't practice.
maybe u'd have 1 or 2 good games but not consistently do well.
the reason you'd do well is cuz you're smart though still in any smash game... any new comer that knows no advanced moves.. or how to evade attacks properly.. or mind game will not win at all in this game agaisnt ppl who are very good at it.
so the reason you do wlel without practicing is cuz yea it is an easier game and you basically still know brawl stuff. not just any ordinary person can win though.

and spamerererereer lol- i laughed at your reply to the combo D1 did haha.that's true but i've seen some nice combos though.. NL almost 0 to death comboed leo with mario haha... JUST missed the spike at the end

Messiano

Smash Journeyman
Venue!!!!!!!

We are still working out details but this will most likely be the venue.
It is New Utrecht High School in Brooklyn, New York.

Web2zone in Manhattan to Venue

Keep moving ahead onto 4th Ave
Entrance near intersection of E 8th St and 4th Ave
Take the 6 train from Astor Place station heading Downtown / to Brooklyn Bridge - City Hall
Get off at Bleecker Street
Take the D train from Broadway/Lafayette St station heading Downtown / [to Coney Island]
Get off at 79 Street
Exit near intersection of 79th St and New Utrecht Ave
Start out going West on 79th St towards 16th Ave
Staten Island Mall to Venue

BUS DIRECTIONS
Start out going South on Richmond Ave towards Platinum Ave
Take the S61 Bus from Toys R US station heading to St George Ferry Terminal
Get off at Wheeler Av
Transfer

Take the S93 Bus from Wheeler Av station heading to Bay Ridge, Brooklyn
Get off at 86 St
Transfer

Take the B64 Bus from 86 St and Ft Hamilton Pky station heading to Coney Island
Get off at 86 St and 14 Av
Start out going East on 14th Ave towards 85th St
Turn right onto 81st St
CAR DIRECTIONS
1.Head north on Richmond Ave toward Ring Rd
2.Slight right to stay on Richmond Ave
3.Turn right at Victory Blvd
4.Slight right at S Gannon Ave
5.Merge onto I-278 E via the ramp on the left to Brooklyn/Verrazano Narrows Bridge
6.Take the exit toward 92 St
7.Merge onto Dahlgren Pl
8.Turn right at 86th St
9.Turn left at 14th Ave
10.Turn right at 81st St

Yankee Stadium to Venue

Take the D train from 161 Street - Yankee Stadium station heading Downtown / to [Coney Island]
Get off at 79 Street

Shea Stadium to Venue

Take the 7 train from Willets Pt - Shea Stadium station heading to Manhattan / Times Square
Get off at 5 Avenue- Bryant Park
Take the D train from 42 Street - Bryant Park station heading Downtown / to Coney Island
Get off at 79 Street

These are Just directions to help you make you way to the Venue.
If you choose to get train or bus directions from your house do to hopstop.com.
The link will take you start to the directions page.
For great car directions use Google Maps.

-__-

Smash Ace
o.o

BASIC (an acronym for Beginner's All-purpose Symbolic Instruction Code

Sausage is a logical outcome of efficient butchery. Sausage-makers put to use meat and animal parts that are edible and nutritious, but not particularly appealing, such as scraps, organ meats, blood, and fat, and that allow the preservation of meat that can not be consumed immediately. These were typically salted and stuffed into a tubular casing made from the cleaned intestine of the animal producing the characteristic cylindrical shape. Hence, sausages, puddings and salami are amongst the oldest of prepared foods, whether cooked and eaten immediately or dried to varying degrees.

It is often assumed that sausages were invented by Sumerians in what is Iraq today, around 3000 BC. Chinese sausage làcháng (臘腸/腊肠), which consisted of goat and lamb meat, was first mentioned in 589 BC. Homer, the poet of Ancient Greece, mentioned a kind of blood sausage in the Odyssey (book 20, verse 25), and Epicharmus (ca. 550 BC – ca. 460 BC) wrote a comedy titled The Sausage. Evidence suggests that sausages were already popular both among the ancient Greeks and Romans, and most likely with the non-literate tribes occupying the larger part of Europe.

During the reign of the Roman emperor Nero, sausages were associated with the Lupercalia festival. The early Catholic Church outlawed the Lupercalia Festival and made eating sausage a sin.[citation needed] For this reason, the Roman emperor Constantine banned the eating of sausages.[citation needed] Early in the 10th century in the Byzantine Empire, Leo VI the Wise outlawed the production of blood sausages following cases of food poisoning.

Traditionally, sausage casings were made of the cleaned intestines (or stomachs in the case of haggis and other traditional puddings) of animals. Today, however, natural casings are often replaced by collagen, cellulose or even plastic casings, especially in the case of industrially manufactured sausages. Additionally, luncheon meat (such as Spam) and sausage meat are now available without casings in tins and jars.

The most basic sausage consists of meat cut into pieces or ground and filled into a casing such as an animal intestine. The meat may be from any animal, but traditionally is pork, beef or veal. The meat/fat ratio is dependent upon the style and producer, but in the United States, fat content is legally limited to a maximum of 30%, 35% or 50%, by weight, depending on the style. The USDA defines the content for various sausages and generally prohibits fillers and extenders.[1] Most traditional styles of sausage from Europe and Asia use no bread-based filler and are 100% meat and fat (excluding salt and other flavorings, such as herbs).[2] In the UK and other countries with English cooking traditions, bread and starch-based fillers account for up to 25% of ingredients. The filler used in many sausages helps them to keep their shape as they are cooked. As the meat contracts in the heat so the filler expands.

The word sausage is derived from Old French saussiche, from the Latin word salsus, meaning salted.

Classification of sausages
Some of the many varieties of sausages Sausages may be classified in any number of ways, for instance by the type of meat and other ingredients they contain, or by their consistency. The most popular classification is probably by type of preparation, but even this suffers from regional differences in opinion. In the English-speaking world, the following distinction between fresh sausages, cooked sausages and dry sausages seems to be more or less accepted:

Cooked sausages are made with fresh meats and then fully cooked. They are either eaten immediately after cooking or must be refrigerated. Examples include Braunschweiger and liver sausages.

Cooked smoked sausages are cooked and then smoked, or smoke-cooked. They are eaten hot or cold, but need to be refrigerated. Examples include Wieners, kielbasa and Mortadella.

Fresh sausages are made from meats that have not been previously cured. They must be refrigerated and thoroughly cooked before eating. Examples include Boerewors, Italian pork sausage and fresh beef sausage.

Fresh smoked sausages are fresh sausages that are smoked. They should be refrigerated and cooked thoroughly before eating. Examples include Mettwurst and Romanian sausage. Dry sausages are fresh sausages that are dried. They are generally eaten cold and will keep for a long time. Examples include salami, Dro' wors and summer sausage. Other countries, however, use different systems of classification. Germany, for instance, which boasts more than 1200 types of sausage, distinguishes raw, cooked and pre-cooked sausages.

Raw sausages are made with raw meat and are not cooked. They are preserved by lactic fermentation, and may be dried, brined or smoked. Most raw sausages will keep for a long time. Examples include cervelat, mettwurst and salami. Cooked sausages may include water and emulsifiers and are always cooked. They will not keep long. Examples include Jagdwurst and Wei'wurst. Pre-cooked sausages are made with cooked meat, and may include raw organ meat. They may be heated after casing, and will keep only for a few days. Examples include Saumagen and Blutwurst.

The US has a particular type called Pickled sausages, commonly found in gas stations and small roadside delicatessens. These are usually smoked and/or cooked (boiled) sausages of a highly processed frankfurter (hot dog) or kielbasa style plunged into a boiling brine of vinegar, salt, spices (red pepper, paprika...) and often a pink coloring, then jarred. They are available in single blister packs i.e. Slim Jim meat snacks, or in jars atop the deli cooler. They are shelf stable, and are a frequently offered alternative to beef jerky, beef stick, and kippered beef snacks.

Certain countries classify sausage types according to the region in which the sausage was traditionally produced:

France: Montb'liard, Morteau, Strasbourg, Toulouse, Germany: Frankfurt, Thuringia, Nuremberg, Pomerania, Austria: Vienna, Spain: botifarra catalana, chorizo riojano, chorizo gallego, chorizo de Teror, longaniza de Arag'n, morcilla de Burgos, morcilla de Ronda, morcilla extreme'a, morcilla dulce canaria, salchich'n de Vic, fuet d'Olot, sobrasada mallorquina, botillo de Le'n,
Types of sausage
Australian "snags" cooking on a campfireEvery nation and every region has its characteristic sausages, using meats and other ingredients native to the region and employed in traditional dishes. English and Scottish sausages, or bangers (so named for their tendency to explode during cooking if poorly made), for example, normally have a significant amount of rusk, or bread crumbs, and are less meaty than sausages from other countries, although sausages with high meat content can be found. Bangers are also used to make toad in the hole. They are an essential part of a full English breakfast, and are usually offered with an Irish breakfast. According to Sausagefans.com, in Britain alone there are over 470 different types of sausages. The British sausage was once the butt of a joke on Yes, Minister, where it was to be renamed by European Union directive on all labels as the "Emulsified High-Fat Offal Tube".

Sausages can also be modified to use native ingredients. The Mexicans added oregano and the "guajillo" red pepper to the Spanish chorizo to give it an even hotter spicy touch.

Sausages may be served as hors d'oeuvre, in a sandwich, in a bread roll as a hot dog, wrapped in a tortilla, or as an ingredient in dishes such as stews and casseroles. Sausage without casing is called sausage meat and can be fried or used as stuffing for poultry, or for wrapping foods like Scotch eggs. Similarly, sausage meat encased in puff pastry is called a sausage roll.

Jay0yeah

Smash Ace
Leo aka Basic Sausage just gave us research about sausages. I'm angry that I read like most of the information he presented. LOL.

This was my favorite line:

"The most basic sausage consists of meat cut into pieces or ground and filled into a casing such as an animal intestine. The meat may be from any animal, but traditionally is pork, beef or veal" (Basic Sausage's research).

I have a question Leo, why did you choose Basic Sausage as a gamer tag?

Jay0yeah

Cia

das kwl
I still think I can compete with some of the top "brawl" players..

I've beaten ranked NJ players already, maybe that counts for somethin.. LOL

Keitaro

You did?? I hope your not counting that time I forgot how to Keitaro Time in friendlies before COT singles started. "yes I forgot how to keep tapping the A button"

-__-

Smash Ace
i kinda like this part and this part about the meaning of a Basic Sausage BASIC (an acronym for Beginner's All-purpose Symbolic Instruction Code.) Sausage is a logical outcome of efficient butchery.

And it was decided between me glitch and jash to name myself basic sausage lol when we were playing over jashes one day and my falco was maaaad basic so we thought of basic duck and then outta nowhere sausage was born and now i am called basic sausage ( although i still use fatpics o.O)

Top Bottom