• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Please Close

DireVulcan

Smash Lord
I pretty much agree with Silven on that post 100%

Real talk right now.

Not just that stage, but most stages with highly predictable hazards being banned is done entirely on the fact that smash players seem to be too fcking lazy to pay attention to too many things their brains apparently can't handle.

Seriously, it's not THAT hard to split your reaction time and attention to something other than just ONE thing, any Marvel player (that has to deal with so much coming at them) would laugh at that inability to pay attention to the opponent who doesn't move nearly as fast as anyone in Marvel AND an occasional background hazard all at the same time! (poor smash player...so much to handle)

Stages like Pirate Bay, PS2, Picto Chat, amongst others would do just fine in tourney if it weren't for that noobmindedness that the majority has.

When DA manages to find a venue, gauntlets will be back and many many stages you all are not used to will be on, and guess what, people will still come.

Time to learn your stages noobs!

Ryan-K

Smash Master
dire: the problem with that analogy is that stage hazards even if they aren't random aren't used by the players. you're fighting the stage. i don't go to tournaments to fight stages, i go to play against players

in marvel all the **** that's coming at you is coming directly from your opponent. which they have to place intelligently or get *****.

there is no risk to the opposing player if pirate ship randomly starts shooting cannonballs in your direction. but the opponent is putting themselves at risk if they're throwing out doom rocks at you in mvc2 plus they control it.

D1

Banned via Administration
I agree w/ SuperRyan partially on the fact that its the player you're fightin in Marvel instead of the stage hence making the analogy moot.

But I still agree w/ Dire that certain stages w/ ******** hazards should be on...while others shouldn't be.

Halberd and Picto should be on...while fuxin Port Town and the like should be off.

-__-

Smash Ace
Banned Stages:

* Green Hill Zone
* Distant Planet
* Mario Cicuit
* Bridge of Eldin
* Skyworld
* Mushroomy Kingdom
* Rumble Falls
* Spear Pillar
* Port Town: Aero Dive
* Shadow Moses Island
* 75m
* Mario Bros Arcade
* The Summit
* Flatzone 2
* WarioWare Inc.
* New Pork City
* Yoshi's Island (old)
* Hyrule
* Big Blue
* Onett
* Great Sea
U shuldn't really have a banned stages list just have it implyed cuz i can read just the banned stages and be like hmm ok ill counter pick hannenbow since its not banned or lets see ill choose Game and watch stage or how about GREEN GREENS WOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!! LOL

-__-

Smash Ace
*deletes smashboards account*

if not ill just get it banned was fun people if i do come to this it'll be the last time i play seriously next time ya'll see me ima be Private Sausage O YEAA!!! LOL

PaperstSoapCo

Smash Lord
If a difficult stage doesn't contribute to 0-deaths (Dedede's off stage chain grab or unpredictable hazards) or excessive delays then it just reinforces the idea of a counter pick. Stages you know your opponents are weak against are supposed to be your most favorable choice. Whether a player can't cope with all aspects of a certain level has nothing to due with it being unfair as long as it isn't due to unavoidable gimps or inevitable handicaps (Fox's shine on ships wing).

I don't know what crazy stages Brawl has but if you attack stages no one likes then there is no reason to ban it since in theory no one will pick it If they do then your probably against a stage for your own purposes.

Lawl, I'm gonna note who wines about which stages so I can counter pick it on em.

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
dire: the problem with that analogy is that stage hazards even if they aren't random aren't used by the players. you're fighting the stage. i don't go to tournaments to fight stages, i go to play against players.
That's why we have neutrals and if you feel that way you use your two bans to get rid of the stages that will mostly have you "fighting the stage"

Counterpicks are SUPPOSED to tip the scales in the favor of that specific player or character. Whether it be via random luck (cannonballs, the launcher, etc) or due to the layout of the stage the point is it tips the scale slightly off balance so when done properly the person who just lost stands a better chance.

DireVulcan

Smash Lord
That's a good point Superryan, the thing I feel is, that is why Marvel is Marvel and Smash is Smash, and in Smash there are stages that benefit certain characters more than others which is the very core idea in which counterpicking stages is based off of.

It doesn't make much sense to limit the way the game (competetively) with CPing stages and characters and stuff because they don't like what can be done to them. News flash, that's the point of a CP....And you can sure draw the line on cheap stuff, things like DDD chaingrab and Fox shine are to be banned, mostly everything else should be a go after that (since it can't be done infinitely)

My opinion is, there should be cheap shet banned, alot more stages for CP, and more bans available for the player (for example 3 bans -and- a restart)

Whatever, it's your careless tourney, just make the rules that gets the people, who cares if the rules such right guys?

Ryan-K

Smash Master
im not saying i agree or disagree with you dire/silven, but i just thought that was a really bad analogy sorry lol

although i think alot more stages would be playable/bearable without the existance of ddd lol >_>

although, i think obstacles aren't as big a deal like stage layout, like I think a dumb layout like hyrule or 75m takes precedence for banning over something like say pictochat (which i think should stay legal) but that's just my input.

ComboBaker

Smash Cadet
Oh man, It won't fulfilling if i beat you Glick, because you probably haven't been playing much. And If you win, then i will just feel like a loser. It's a lose lose situation for me.

-__-

Smash Ace
Hey guyz i just wana say something about my previous post. I really considered joining the army reasons cause i felt like i had no1 to look up to and i wanted to be a mentally stronger person. Upon visiting the church today i realized what i've been searching for was rite there in front of me... info on my blog http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=73779192&blogID=434674741 shuld i decide to come to this tourny u probably wont see me the same and i will most likely attend as many as possible.

Cia

das kwl
Brawl tournaments are back!?!? I'll be going to this, if for no other reason, to see all the NY players I haven't seen in so long. I'll start playin brawl again a week before this thing so I won't get completely *****.

And I'm gonna enter w/ my jiggz.. Cuz my jiggz ***** all of you :]

Shinigami666

Smash Apprentice
Brawl tournaments are back!?!? I'll be going to this, if for no other reason, to see all the NY players I haven't seen in so long. I'll start playin brawl again a week before this thing so I won't get completely *****.

And I'm gonna enter w/ my jiggz.. Cuz my jiggz ***** all of you :]
Seriously? I thought you gave up on Brawl like the others and resorted back to melee ever since the weeklies died... you did make that peach combo video (very good by the way) but said it was the LAST thing you'd do before giving up brawl completely and restarting your melee career.. Now you come back caz monthlies started? (confused) :confused:

Cia

das kwl
Thanks for the compliment. But what I said still holds. I've gotten about 90% of my melee back and I'm doing pretty well. And getting a good amount of it too. And me coming to a brawl event doesn't necessarily mean I'm going to pick it up competitively again. Like that time u and d1 came to that last melee event at w2z.. Didn't necessarily mean u got back into melee :]

Oh and SHAME! On teh_spamerer.

Shinigami666

Smash Apprentice
Ohh I get you lol... Although I still do love melee but it requires a lot of practice and time.. which I sadly lost T-T ..So i doubt I'll regain even 50% back if I started playing it again competitively =[ Brawl on the other hand I don't play it for weeks and I manage to not lose my skills after warming up with like 2 matches.. lol

But regardless.. it would be nice to see all ya n!ggaz again like old times lol

Thirtyfour

Smash Journeyman
:L I kneed some offline play.
Hurry up with the montlhlies already :L.
Already got every day of the week reserved for this :L.
:L

Top Bottom