• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Please help me my friends suck

mitchlol7

Smash Cadet
My friends all suck at brawl and they keep using the side b moves and i want them to stop. Please tell me how to make them not suck really bad
P.S. I was thinking making them all shiek and then see how much they use the side b

NeoJames

Smash Cadet
As long as they'r losing, they'll eventually catch on that they need to change their gameplay style.

Scala

Smash Ace
Yeah I'll just confirm what others said, if you stomp them hard enough they will learn to play differently. That or get frustrated and throw the controller at the wall and never play the game again.

haha coming from someone who mains bowser.
I'm pretty sure that icon is set to bowser by default when you join the forums, he's a new user and probably hasn't changed it yet.

Ørion

Smash Ace
So...is the problem that they are bad at playing and you kill them? Or is the problem that you don't like it that they keep spamming moves and they suck because of that, even though they beat you? If the first, http://www.smashboards.com/ff if the latter, it should be easy to predict what they are doing because they do it over and over, so just punish them.

Noodlehead

Smash Lord
Yeah I'll just confirm what others said, if you stomp them hard enough they will learn to play differently. That or get frustrated and throw the controller at the wall and never play the game again.
destroy them, then they will try other moves to try and beat you

plasmid

Smash Apprentice
If they suck and refuse to improve you can't help them. Return them to the store and buy some new friends.

No, but really, even if they suck they should improve if they just keep playing.

3transfat

Smash Journeyman
If they suck and refuse to improve you can't help them. Return them to the store and buy some new friends.

No, but really, even if they suck they should improve if they just keep playing.
This can't be. I must know how to make my scrub friend improve!
He's over nearly every day (we're neighbors).

-Ran

Smash Master
Three options:
1) Beat them into learning.
2) Teach ONE of them that's receptive to it, and they others will learn once they see him pwning them.
3) Find new people to play.

Rave925

Smash Apprentice
Ummm, you could always just tell them that when they use side-b all the time that they are getting way too predictable and they will never get better that way.

mitchlol7

Smash Cadet
Well beating them sensless doesn't work cus they get bored and the worst thing is tat many people keep saying different things, now i admit that i used to be like him till i got owned when using snakes side b and then got a fully charged side smash to the face. i will try to show them a guide or some crap like that but till then they will suck

lajackson07

Smash Apprentice
I feel what you're saying. I have a friend who plays as Sonic and, rather than simply shield, sidestep, or roll, he will jump and use his Up B, dropping a spring and falling far away. I try to tell him not to do that because the spring does almost nothing in damage and he's going to fall into another person who is going to put it to him when he comes back down (because we play four people in FFAs) but he keeps doing it over, and over, and over, and OVER!!! It's only annoying because I want to see him play better. Then I have another friend who uses ROB in the gayest way. He will sit back spamming lasers and when you run up, he will use ROB's suprisingly quick and long lasting down smash. If his c-stick doesn't work (ha ha), he will just use ROB's A attack repeatedly punching you (HA HA HA!)..... That is pretty much his entire game. He c-sticks a lot. He is never in the air and if he is, he never uses ROB's best aerial, his Nair.

I think all you can do in situations like that is let them know that is gay and they could be better by trying something else and see what works best for them. Past that, you can be gay with them and being that you, mitchlol7, are a Falco mainer, you could just spam your laser for a couple matches and see how they feel about it. Maybe throw them little tips in during matches, whether you're playing or just watching. I used to always roll and never sidestep until I asked someone how do they pick which to do. They told me "it's all about where you want to end at". That helped me out.

Just asking, who do your friends play with anyway to just spam side B?

mitchlol7

Smash Cadet

That doesnt work cus once they learn that they cant play brawl

IR.O.B.edC.Falcon

Smash Apprentice
steps:
1.Pick Captain Falcon
2.Use only the stomp
3.Kill them with falcon punch

alternative: Do what Wölf said.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
if you want to flex your mind game muscles, try this,

pick someone like snake or meta knight and do the same thing they do, but with a different move ( f-tilt for snake, up- b for MK) and once you stomp them enough with a move thats not side b, they will all flock to that new move, but at the same time they wont be able to completely drop the side b, so than they have 2 moves to spam. than just repeat this process four or 5 times, and than you will eventually have them playing with most of the good moves that character has.

also, to the guy with the spamming ROB, with the exception of using gyro more, you just described the perfect ROB player, he really doesnt have have to do anything other than stand still and spam lasers and down smash

chckn

Smash Ace
if you want to flex your mind game muscles, try this,

pick someone like snake or meta knight and do the same thing they do, but with a different move ( f-tilt for snake, up- b for MK) and once you stomp them enough with a move thats not side b, they will all flock to that new move, but at the same time they wont be able to completely drop the side b, so than they have 2 moves to spam. than just repeat this process four or 5 times, and than you will eventually have them playing with most of the good moves that character has.

also, to the guy with the spamming ROB, with the exception of using gyro more, you just described the perfect ROB player, he really doesnt have have to do anything other than stand still and spam lasers and down smash
eeeehhh not really, although some robs play like that it often doesnt work, especially if youre getting outspammed by pit/wolf/falco. Look up hugs and maxxxpowers robs and then you will see his true potential.

lajackson07

Smash Apprentice
When that is the ONLY character they play with and that is ALL they do and brag about their bad gameplay, it gets repetitive real quick. I understand his gameplay and that's ROB, I played with the character before, but I'm saying that there is more to characters than what some people do and they should mix their game up. Just adding, if he was the perfect ROB player, he would win more often.....

Top Bottom