• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Please lock/delete

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
It isn't the players in grand finals's jobs to entertain you.
Honestly, I feel like it is.

People travel across states/countries/continents to watch certain people play. I think as one of those players it's your responsibility to at least try to perform the best you can or you're just wasting everyones time and money.

Yeah, it sucks not seeing the set but they aren't obligated to play at that point.

Deal with it.
They should be.

If you're not going to play the finals for any other reason than there not being enough time, the player refusing to play should get DQd (like they would be in any other part of the bracket) and their prize money should go back into the pot.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
a couple times i've split at socal tournaments we do a moneymatch for 5 dollars or so so it still feels like grand finals but we're splitting most of the money.
This makes sense.

when you enter the tournament, you pay your entry fee for your shot to win the pot. no one owes you anything after you get knocked out. if players want to split, it's their choice for having the talent to get to that option in the first place. if you want to stop splits, be better and knock those players out of the bracket and then they can't do it anymore.
This makes more sense.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
I think this is ABSURD.
Its true.

Ken and Chu split at a mlg tourny in like 06 or something and mlg found out and got ****ing pissed and the relationship between the two was entirely downhill since then. And honestly they have reason to get pissed. They are trying to produce a professional entertainment product to supply their fans with, and you've got ken and chu playing falcon vs young link in grand finals. Its the same thing as if both superbowl teams only played ther second string players, imagine how crappy that would be.

this was long before brawl was around.

Brookman

Smash Hero
Its true.

Ken and Chu split at a mlg tourny in like 06 or something and mlg found out and got ****ing pissed and the relationship between the two was entirely downhill since then. And honestly they have reason to get pissed. They are trying to produce a professional entertainment product to supply their fans with, and you've got ken and chu playing falcon vs young link in grand finals. Its the same thing as if both superbowl teams only played ther second string players, imagine how crappy that would be.

this was long before brawl was around.
I think that could be disastorously entertaining. I mean, what is so exciting or challenging about watching marth vs. IC's?? Honestly, I can't believe MLG bought this site but I give mad props to Gideon.

nkd

Smash Rookie
If i paid entry fee to see a national tourney and then the top 2 split i'd be pissed. My entry fee is going towards the hosting of the tournament and i deserve to see it played out in full.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Lol. Thats just johns from one player and the other player also feeling sorry for them and giving them a little of their money. That's not valid to me >_>

Top Bottom