• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PLEASE tell me about tripping

SirRender

Smash Rookie
Does anybody really know?

I've been looking high and low on the internet for results.

NOTHING!

Help?

DinoRider

Smash Rookie
Not much to say. It's pretty much random and happens at dash startup or when changing direction (i believe). No way to prevent it, it's a lame and unnecessary addition to the game.

deathborn00

Smash Apprentice
i think tripping is an attempt to encourage people to fight in the air. Brawl is geared towards aerial battles, and to me, tripping seems like a small consequence of being grounded most of the time.

I do wish tripping was gone so i wouldn't have to hear constant *****ing about it though T-T

Superstarmario

Smash Journeyman
You trip, you get punished. Then we all collectively punish Sakurai for being stupid enough to put this in.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
I found a trip or two to help me in some circumstances.. Rushing toward my opponent I trip. Right when they do their dash attack which would probably kill me since I had high % I stopped short, rolled back and smashed them.

Its a double edged sword though..

-Onyx

BlackFoxPariah

Smash Apprentice
To me? It's purpose is to make it an even more casual game. The tripping discourages sporadic movements which are very common in competitive play.

IrishSheikah

Smash Journeyman
Pretty random, like Fluke said, some attacks can cause it. Such as the Star Fox characters all have trip inducing attacks, Wolf's F-Smash, Falco's Reflector, and one of Fox's tilts I think.

japtar10101

Smash Apprentice
I've heard you can trip in the air!!! Which means you can't escape it!!!:urg:

Happens when dashing, changing directions, or worse attacking, at random moments. If the former statement is correct, it also occurs in your mid-ari jump and mid-air attacks.

Top Bottom