• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Plusle and Minun, anyone?

Johans Nidorino

Smash Cadet
NNNooooooooooooooo

if anything make them pokeball pokemon. The Ice climber gimmick belongs to the Ice climbers alone.
It works with Plusle and Minun in the game they come from. That makes even more sense than Popo and Nana, who are more rivals than they are partners.

They never actually said the pokemon where from a ball. Could be a stage thing. IDK but I don't see them putting a Pika like in a ball.
Pachirisu! x-D

I long to see that Latios & Latias thing. I always dreamt of having an item similar to this:

which could summon pairs of Pokémon, either conceptually-paired / pre-defined (Volbeat & Illumise, Zangoose & Seviper, etc.), or just randomly-paired (Snorlax & Chikorita, etc.). And that would work wonderfully with Latios & Latias. And even though Plusle & Minun would fit into that, too, I'd honestly prefer to see them as playable.

Sakurai needs to get a little more technical about Pokémon, not to the point of introducing type match-ups, but to the point of realizing the existence of double battles.

Johans Nidorino

Smash Cadet
Plusle and Minun together is like putting two Pichus together and calling it a character.
And nobody likes Pichu.
They don't hurt themselves and they have different moves than Pikachu's.

And yes, nobody likes Pichu as a competitive character (I'm sure many of the people who want Plusle & Minun, do hate Pichu).

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Yah! The new Ice climbers. And they are cute. And pokemons awesome. And i'm joking.

definitly not
I was about to say... We already have an Ice Climbers. We don't need anymore. :laugh: Especially not uncreative characters like Plusle and Minum. :ohwell:

rayecho

Smash Ace
the are other threads that should be in the "deepest and most obscure part of the forum". pichu bros would be a waste of space character cause they aren't really popular, and there isn't a lot of people that like them in melee. overall, these two characters have no chance of making it in.

~S@G3~

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
SAGE#234
This is the most rediculous thing that i have ever seen why in the wourld would you guesse that these two would be in pichu sucked and we allready have an ice climbers.:laugh:

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
the pichu from melee evolved into pikachu with goggles, so plusle and minun would just be 2 pichus.. which no one wants.

plusle and minun.. Ftl

courte

Smash Lord
so long as they're together... when its alone i just wanna hulk punt the little brats

i guess everyone is so infuriated with pichu's existence that regardless of a new moveset anything that resembles it inspires hatred

Ebonyks

Smash Apprentice
Ugh, why was this revived again? Serbii also deconfirmed this idea a couple of days ago, it's not going to happen guys.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Ugh, why was this revived again? Serbii also deconfirmed this idea a couple of days ago, it's not going to happen guys.
How was it deconfirmed? How can any characters be "deconfirmed" at this point if they haven't been put on the Dojo! or shown/seen in videos at events?

Anyways, you want my honest opinion? I'd rather have Ashley. That's my opinion, and that's enough said. :laugh:

courte

Smash Lord
a) sucks what 'happened' to ashley although i tend not to believe... anything--let the disc speak for itself
SPEAK FOR ITSELF!!

b) disclaimer--WELL AWARE OF HOW THIS IS SO NOT GONNA HAPPEN so please read before you flame ok??

the reason i'd like to see these characters in is because i believe in Melee, some characters were bit of an experiment in the realm of fighting games in general, to some extent. the ones i'm talking about are Zelda and her Shiek, and the Ice Climber--and to some extent, all of the "same" clones i.e. Doc Mario, Pichu, Young Link.

When you look at the gameplay styles, switching out and controlling two at once was only barely touched in melee, but now we see it coming back in strong form. Pokemon Trainer, Olimar and Pikmin. on top of that the clones presented opportunities to include characters that would other wise not be in the game. i believe these twin rats would be quite interesting IF [[something which i am doubtful...]] they are in...

[[yes i will flame the first person to say the game is done and out by the end of the week]]

potential to be a new tag team. We all knew of the IC's and their ability to desync, the risk it runs if you are seperates, as well as Olimar and his Pikmin; their fated symbiotic relationship... who's to say the same thing couldn't be done for these two?? using the negative and positive charge when together to activate certain attacks, and similar to olimar, being negatively handicapped when seperated... on top of that, a philosiphy of distance and power of numbers and diversity... charging almost all attacks and switching the front-man-rat-thing for desired effects...

please quote then close on friday... oh and to anyone with their gd sticker theory of watever... wtf do you know when the game isn't out yet huh??

Top Bottom