• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM 3.6+ is possible guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tasteless gentleman

Smash Journeyman
I know the PMDT is disbanded and that it left on a sudden and sharp note.

BUT

We have a WHOLE community that can finish this thing off.

All This game needs is a few minor bug fixes (olimars grabs and anything around that level)

The character leaks to be put in (knuckles and such are leaked on 4chan I heard)

Some music and maybe a stage (agreed on by community)

Any mega important meta development (there are a few busted and invalidated characters) but honestly we dont need this.

Guys this is doable and PMDT cant be sued over a community thing like this. PMDT has done an amazing job and its only fair to give them the bang they deserve to go out with.

And then share this somewhere where it can become the PM Gold that it needs to be and used at tournaments.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
I don't think you understand the level of technical know-how required to rebalance or implement characters in a system developed by the PMDT themselves.
Half of the community struggles to simply implement mods into their builds. What makes you think they'll be able pick up where anyone left off and deliver any sort of definitive game in under 2 years

Mutekisenko

Smash Rookie
There are plenty of coders/gamedev's that have real world experience and are now into Smash, some of them because of Project M. I wouldn't be surprised that now that the game has ceased development, we will see everyone band together to finish it. It may be a dark, dismal and lamely patched desert wasteland for a time. But, eventually, our Qwisatz Haderach will appear and lead us to 4.0.

tasteless gentleman

Smash Journeyman
no, just play deeper to improve the meta
Broken grabs on link and olimar are what need to be fixed. As bowser. And Kirby, and dedede also being ugly feeling and bad. so yea I mean they are playable but things but could easily be made better with proper bug fixes. Why can we not just agree on something

Last edited:

Farquaad

Smash Cadet
QUOTE="tasteless gentleman, post: 20536385, member: 301661"]Broken grabs on link and olimar are what need to be fixed. As bowser. And Kirby, and dedede also being ugly feeling and bad. so yea I mean they are playable but things but could easily be made better with proper bug fixes. Why can we not just agree on something[/QUOTE]

We can agree on something. 3.6. Play it. This isn't complicated.

tasteless gentleman

Smash Journeyman
QUOTE="tasteless gentleman, post: 20536385, member: 301661"]Broken grabs on link and olimar are what need to be fixed. As bowser. And Kirby, and dedede also being ugly feeling and bad. so yea I mean they are playable but things but could easily be made better with proper bug fixes. Why can we not just agree on something
We can agree on something. 3.6. Play it. This isn't complicated.[/QUOTE]
I dont think we can agree on that as the community has already demonstrated. Theres bugs. Lets not sugar coat it. If we fix them at least we can safely say that we did what we can without tainting the fruit.

masterpad

Smash Journeyman
Of course there are bugs, and something has to be done.

But on the other side, i think that the main word to spread is "play the game, he is damn good and near perfect"

Not "there are bugs that need to be fix before everythings" it send a hidden message : "the game is broken or not ready"
AND I know , you don't mean that.

But everyone should know that in looking for the game to be absolute perfect we could lost some precious time that should be use to spread the word "play the game he is perfect"

There will always be some minor bugs, but I REALLY think that The main point now is to:

- Host the source code and the last build to make it avalaible to everyone so new player could easly start
- Unified the PM community behind the last build.
- set up a PM major tournament.
- and maybe change the name "PM" in "Brawl" or "smash bros" in streams and tournament to avoid Nintendo's wrath

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
fact of the matter is, this game's final release in non-golded form is a hundred times more stable for a long-term metagame than most AAA games. bugs are very few and far between, and only affect a small amount of the cast, in a game where honestly there's only like five or six characters that are truly freefalling long-term.

we already discussed this issue when people genuinely thought going back to 3.02 was a good idea, and my answer's the exact damn same: the top players are sticking with 3.6, and all the community leadership is sticking with 3.6. trying to force a "new" mod will, at best, result in 3.6's side breaking every bone in your body, and at worst will lead to a massive community splinter that, from the current POV, 3.6 is still likely winning. this is a stable game, and the one thing we have after such sudden news is the fact that the true project m begins here, everything's set in stone, so y'all best shut the hell up and get good.

"but trash, there's bugs like link's grab glitch, you can't justify those!!!" buddy, if melee can deal with glitched-to-uselessness grabs and still get a decent character, we'll be fine

Last edited:

masterpad

Smash Journeyman
fact of the matter is, this game's final release in non-golded form is a hundred times more stable for a long-term metagame than most AAA games. bugs are very few and far between, and only affect a small amount of the cast, in a game where honestly there's only like five or six characters that are truly freefalling long-term.

we already discussed this issue when people genuinely thought going back to 3.02 was a good idea, and my answer's the exact damn same: the top players are sticking with 3.6, and all the community leadership is sticking with 3.6. trying to force a "new" mod will, at best, result in 3.6's side breaking every bone in your body, and at worst will lead to a massive community splinter that, from the current POV, 3.6 is still likely winning. this is a stable game, and the one thing we have after such sudden news is the fact that the true project m begins here, everything's set in stone, so y'all best shut the hell up and get good.

"but trash, there's bugs like link's grab glitch, you can't justify those!!!" buddy, if melee can deal with glitched-to-uselessness grabs and still get a decent character, we'll be fine
i totally agree
and one more thing... am i the only one to noticed how extremly smooth the 3.6 game engine is? this clear melee like-feeling!

PM FOREVER!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom