• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shin F.

Smash Master
I really like this Cupid Pit alt, with the heart effects. I wouldn't mind seeing something like it for an official one, though I'd still prefer Sacred Treasures Pit and Classic Pit first. Still, not a bad third choice.

Last edited:

Generically Epic

Smash Ace

"Since these costumes are either the same character or wearing a costume inspired by another, the criteria we use for deciding on Clone Engine characters (that is, already appearing in the game in some way) does not necessarily apply to Alternate Costumes. This all being said, you shouldn't expect things like Daisy over Peach, or Shadow over Sonic as these would break our rules and are just not possible to do at the level of quality and professionalism we strive to maintain."

If it meets the criteria the PMBR strives for, I'm all for it.
Yes. All the yes! Is anyone seriously against this? Because it's awesome.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
But your personal love for the costume (or the character) is a valid reason?

Come on now. =P
Nonono! You don't seem to understand GREG! When I say I like something, that makes it a valid reason as to why that something should be forced on to everybody, but when SOMEONE ELSE likes something that I don't, that makes them a lesser human being. Gosh, YOUR SO STUPID GREG! I HATE YOU!

Ginge

Smash Ace
Whether or not you dislike Lucina, it's a cool costume. It's just a matter of whether it's different enough from his main outfit. But I'd prefer that to Classic Marth with his manskirt.

Game&Watcher

Smash Ace
NNID
GameAndWatcher96
The problem with giving Marth a mask is that he never had one in the first place, that was Lucina under the guise of Marth, not the actual Marth. That being said, it would be hilarious if he did get the mask, as that would be somewhat of a reference to how we all thought he was literally a girl.

Ginge

Smash Ace
If PMBR wants to dedicate time to making a model based on that outfit, go for it. Add insult to injury when people lose to Marth in a dress.

Halfhead

Smash Journeyman
Is Wartortle too much of a different Pokémon from Squirtle to be an alt costume? I know they are different Pokémon, but at the same time, Squirtle becomes Wartortle.
In the same vain, Mega Charizard X?

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895

"Since these costumes are either the same character or wearing a costume inspired by another, the criteria we use for deciding on Clone Engine characters (that is, already appearing in the game in some way) does not necessarily apply to Alternate Costumes. This all being said, you shouldn't expect things like Daisy over Peach, or Shadow over Sonic as these would break our rules and are just not possible to do at the level of quality and professionalism we strive to maintain."

If it meets the criteria the PMBR strives for, I'm all for it.
The mask is technically Lucina's and is in no way related to Marth aside from the name that Marth took up. Along with that the mask is seen in 1% of the game. People might like it but Marth can do so much better in terms of costume than just dressing up like someone dressing up like him.

Long story short: Why would Marth be cosplaying someone who's cosplaying him?

The problem what that outfit is that it seems more like something from Odin Sphere or Dragon's Crown than from a Fire Emblem game.
Radiant Dawn actually came out before those games, along with that if you played FE, their dressing styles are pretty much the same.

Ginge

Smash Ace
That outfit was his Awakening outfit, not his Radiant Dawn or Path of Radiance outfit.

Edit: I realized the problem came about because I was referring to the "liking the redesign of Ike" part of the post, and you the "vanguard Ike" part.

Last edited:

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
That outfit was his Awakening outfit, not his Radiant Dawn or Path of Radiance outfit.

Edit: I realized the problem came about because I was referring to the "liking the redesign of Ike" part of the post, and you the "vanguard Ike" part.
Oops, my apologies.

HayabusaTaichou

Smash Apprentice
The mask is technically Lucina's and is in no way related to Marth aside from the name that Marth took up. Along with that the mask is seen in 1% of the game. People might like it but Marth can do so much better in terms of costume than just dressing up like someone dressing up like him.

Long story short: Why would Marth be cosplaying someone who's cosplaying him?
Isn't that why a Squirtle like glasses taunt would be cool? It doesn't work as part of an "official" costume but it still looks cool and is loosely related so add it in as a secret cause why the hell not.

Game&Watcher

Smash Ace
NNID
GameAndWatcher96
Isn't that why a Squirtle like glasses taunt would be cool? It doesn't work as part of an "official" costume but it still looks cool and is loosely related so add it in as a secret cause why the hell not.
Squirtle represents an entire species, like how Yoshi represents his. However, Marth is the only Marth (excluding Lucina, because she only used his name for less than half of Awakening, and tactitions/avatar units, which you can really name them anything) in the Fire Emblem universe.

HayabusaTaichou

Smash Apprentice
Squirtle represents an entire species, like how Yoshi represents his. However, Marth is the only Marth (excluding Lucina, because she only used his name for less than half of Awakening, and tactitions/avatar units, which you can really name them anything) in the Fire Emblem universe.
Why does this matter?

Generically Epic

Smash Ace
I support an Awakening outfit and a lucinia mask would make it more different from the original. Lucina goes by Marth.
But for a taunt, how does putting on a mask hurt anything? :I

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
I support an Awakening outfit and a lucinia mask would make it more different from the original. Lucina goes by Marth.
But for a taunt, how does putting on a mask hurt anything? :I
It doesn't hurt anything but my point is that Marth and Lucina are rarely related aside from name and clothes. In fact Lucina even states that she just took the name and never meant to impersonate Marth. I wouldn't doubt that somewhere in the Fire Emblem universe, a commoner shares the same name as Marth, maybe multiple just because of his name meaning so much. Lucina isn't Marth, and Marth isn't Lucina. That's why I don't believe that it would be a good alternative costume. Marth is Prince Marth, King Marth, Lodestar Marth. But he's not Lucina.

HOWEVER. If he gets the mask, it'll be something I deal with. Not because I don't like it but because they put a bunch of hard work to put it in.

Game&Watcher

Smash Ace
NNID
GameAndWatcher96
It doesn't hurt anything but my point is that Marth and Lucina are rarely related aside from name and clothes. In fact Lucina even states that she just took the name and never meant to impersonate Marth. I wouldn't doubt that somewhere in the Fire Emblem universe, a commoner shares the same name as Marth, maybe multiple just because of his name meaning so much. Lucina isn't Marth, and Marth isn't Lucina. That's why I don't believe that it would be a good alternative costume. Marth is Prince Marth, King Marth, Lodestar Marth. But he's not Lucina.

HOWEVER. If he gets the mask, it'll be something I deal with. Not because I don't like it but because they put a bunch of hard work to put it in.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Spooky Skook

Smash Cadet
Speaking of loderstar marth, where is the love for roy's look from awakening?
I don't know if it's already been posted or not but I'm a fan of his armor in the awakening dlc.

HayabusaTaichou

Smash Apprentice
Stepping back into the real world for a second, the people making the game clearly designed Lucina to look like Marth and generally it was made a pretty big deal by those marketing the game and fans with the whole oooh, it's him, it's not him. You can't just say that in the story it wasn't intentional so it isn't intentional at all, it doesn't count and doesn't fit when clearly it is and it does. Seriously, there's nothing wrong with giving Marth the option to add something that's meant to look cool with his design. Anyway you're putting a little too much effort into ****ting on an idea that would essentially be an Easter Egg that you would never have to use.

Eisen

Smash Ace
NNID
AndroidPolaris
You wouldn't really be "coding" it though. Honestly, texture and model swaps are some of the easiest mods to make besides music/text out there, in my opinion. They're a lot more literal than you may think.

Also, one reason I can speculate as to why they won't do Mega Pokemon is because some of them have some flat-out different vertices and thus potentially janky-looking hurtboxes/hitboxes that don't make a whole lot of sense. Other than that, I can only speculate there would be more diplomatic reasons (like trying not to piss off Nintendo).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom