• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tero.

Smash Champion
I really want a lot of Snake alts from all MGS games. Since Solid Snake and Naked Snake (Big Boss) are clones this would not be against the PMBRs standards (also Snake is never referred to as Solid Snake in the Game iirc and even tho he wears Solid Snakes sneaking suit he has Big Boss beard (Solid Snake never had a beard in the games aside from Old Snake)).

I found this on Brawl Vault and would love to have all those textures

My favorite tho would be his outfit from the MGS3 ending

Last edited:

MLGF

Smash Lord
That's it, I'm playing a drinking game.
Every time someone doesn't understand the rules, take a shot.

RIP my liver.

arcticfox8

Smash Champion

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
Okay so the Pichu Costume wouldn't be possible, I read the whole thing, of course I wouldn't expect all those costumes to make it, they're just requests. Charcolt would be awesome though, he's basically Charizard with Charmeleon Colors and horns
Metal Sonic, Pichu, and Charcolt break the rules
Toon Ganondorf wouldn't fit bones
Fan creations are a no since all costumes come from source material
Smash 64 costumes probably won't happen since A )a lot of the original 12 are already filled up on costumes and B ) they wouldn't fit the style of the others
Old Snake could work

Darkmask

Smash Journeyman
Would Metal Sonic be a viable alt for Sonic? They are technically two completely different characters, but I wonder if Shadow Link/Dark Pit rules apply here as far as Original/Evil Clone goes.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Would Metal Sonic be a viable alt for Sonic? They are technically two completely different characters, but I wonder if Shadow Link/Dark Pit rules apply here as far as Original/Evil Clone goes.
I think we've determined no.

Dark Pit/Link were implemented by Nintendo. They didn't have the self-applied limits that the PMBR do.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
And what's the consensus on Naked vs. Solid Snake? They are technically the same person, in both codename and actual genetics. That, and Solid Snake is referred to only as "Snake". My best friend is a Snake main, and prefers Naked to Solid, so I was just curious if he could actually be implemented.

Oh, and if/when we see Ridley, I want a NintendoLand alt. PLS.

Last edited:

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
I really want a lot of Snake alts from all MGS games. Since Solid Snake and Naked Snake (Big Boss) are clones this would not be against the PMBRs standards (also Snake is never referred to as Solid Snake in the Game iirc and even tho he wears Solid Snakes sneaking suit he has Big Boss beard (Solid Snake never had a beard in the games aside from Old Snake)).

I found this on Brawl Vault and would love to have all those textures

My favorite tho would be his outfit from the MGS3 ending

I personally thought Naked Snake would be the best Alt. ever, but I kept reading somewhere on this thread that the PMBR didn't want Naked Snake as an Alt because he's a different character, regardless of the fact that he's literally the guy Solid was cloned from. So I gave up on that dream and decided just having MGS1/Twin Snakes Snake, and Iroquois Pliskin as Alts would be enough.

I'm not really a fan of Old Snake, unless he was wearing Octocamo of his young face so it looked like he just had a really advanced suit on.
I'm surprised you don't have Tuxedo Snake on that list. Haha.

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
And what's the consensus on Naked vs. Solid Snake? They are technically the same person, in both codename and actual genetics. That, and Solid Snake is referred to only as "Snake". My best friend is a Snake main, and prefers Naked to Solid, so I was just curious if he could actually be implemented.

Oh, and if/when we see Ridley, I want a NintendoLand alt. PLS.
I just searched up Nintendoland Ridley. Was not dissapointed.

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
There is an alternate costume that I'm dissapointed nobody has yet to point out.
http://www.mariowiki.com/images/thumb/7/7c/Picture_Poker.PNG/180px-Picture_Poker.PNG
Seriously, he's like Iggy Azaela - so fancy, you already know. Bonus points to the PMBR if they turned his fireballs into green magical playing cards like Twisted Fate from LoL.

Also, can P:M get permission from another group of modders for use of stuff they created? If so..
For Zelda:
http://hyruletotalwar.wikia.com/wiki/Princess_Tetralyna_Zelda_V
http://hyruletotalwar.wikia.com/wiki/Princess_Nylin_Zelda_I
+ one that's not one of the above, just one I'd like to see if it was even possible.
http://www.ssbwiki.com/images/f/f7/Robed_Zelda_-_Brawl_Trophy.png

For Shiek:
http://hyruletotalwar.wikia.com/wiki/Sheikah_Assassins
http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130203175358/hyruletotalwar/images/c/c8/Masterassassin.png
Sorry Hayabusa. I didn't want to make a wall of text in one post, I don't know how to make posts into spoilers.

Last edited:

HayabusaTaichou

Smash Apprentice
Zelda should absolutely get a mourning robe costume but the Hyrule Total War costumes are something that kinda counts as fan art and I don't think the PMBR wants to use stuff like that.

Also You should probably try editing your posts rather than making consecutive ones if you have more to say in the future.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
I'm definitely thinking that Hyrule Warriors Link needs to be a thing. The scarf would require its own bones, though, wouldn't it?

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
Just wondering, has the P:MBR given any statement on how they're gonna add alt costumes to Samus and ZSS? ZSS always spawns in a set of Power armor.
In thinking about this, I decided if they were to add 4 extra costume slots in addition to the costume slots both Samus' already have, they could give regular Samus different suits and ZSS her Metroid ending outfits.
Here's how they would look for each ZSS entrance.
* Standard Power Suit Samus - Justin Bailey/Metroid 1 ending outfit
* Fusion Suit Samus - 100% Hard mode completion Samus outfit from Metroid: Fusion
* Dark Suit Samus/whatever other suit people prefer - Best ending Samus outfit from Super Metroid
* Light Suit Samus/whatever other suit people prefer - Best ending Samus outfit from Metroid: Zero Mission
These are just examples of how I think the PMBR will make outfits work. They'll probably do something similar to this or something cooler.
EDIT: I may as well mention that if we get official suits as Alts, I wouldn't mind if the palette swaps became original suits.
For example he Fusion suit recolor could easily be turned into the blue Samus clone from MP2: Echoes Multiplayer. http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110124022616/metroid/images/2/21/MP2_multiplayer_colors.png
And the Dark Samus recolor should be replaced with Phazon suit Samus.
http://www.fybertech.com/4get/13208191812987.jpg
Xenozoa425 mentioned this before on this thread way back.

Last edited:

Nanobuds

Smash Ace
Just wondering, has the P:MBR given any statement on how they're gonna add alt costumes to Samus and ZSS? ZSS always spawns in a set of Power armor.
In thinking about this, I decided if they were to add 4 extra costume slots in addition to the costume slots both Samus' already have, they could give regular Samus different suits and ZSS her Metroid ending outfits.
Here's how they would look for each ZSS entrance.
* Standard Power Suit Samus - Justin Bailey/Metroid 1 ending outfit
* Fusion Suit Samus - 100% Hard mode completion Samus outfit from Metroid: Fusion
* Dark Suit Samus/whatever other suit people prefer - Best ending Samus outfit from Super Metroid
* Light Suit Samus/whatever other suit people prefer - Best ending Samus outfit from Metroid: Zero Mission
These are just examples of how I think the PMBR will make outfits work. They'll probably do something similar to this or something cooler.
We are making costumes for ZSS that correspond to whatever suits we make for an alt costume.

Tero.

Smash Champion
Nanobuds Nanobuds are you considering having Snake alts from both Naked Snake and Solid Snake?
Since technically the character "Snake" is not defined in Brawl as who he his (and the beard could indicate that he is supposed to be Naked Snake or rather a combination of both)

Last edited:

Twewy

Smash Lord
He's an expy of both like how Mr. Game and Watch is an expy of (almost) every Game and Watch or how Link is an expy of every adult Link.

Nanobuds

Smash Ace
Nanobuds Nanobuds are you considering having Snake alts from both Naked Snake and Solid Snake?
Since technically the character "Snake" is not defined in Brawl as who he his (and the beard could indicate that he is supposed to be Naked Snake or rather a combination of both)
I personally know nothing about MGS. Another artist who knows more about the series is probably going to handle the Snake alts.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
He's an expy of both like how Mr. Game and Watch is an expy of (almost) every Game and Watch or how Link is an expy of every adult Link.
Link isn't a perfect example. Considering in Melee he was OoT Link, and Brawl he was TP. Not really a combination, just based off of Link's latest incarnation.

Twewy

Smash Lord
Plus things like the Zelda 2 sword swings (Down+A and maybe Up+A? Been a while.)

UltimateWario

Smash Master
The Snake in Brawl is Solid, simply because he talks to the Colonel, Mei Ling, etc., but I'm sure it was left intentionally ambiguous since Naked is just as big of a part of the series as Solid is.

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778
The Snake in Brawl is Solid, simply because he talks to the Colonel, Mei Ling, etc., but I'm sure it was left intentionally ambiguous since Naked is just as big of a part of the series as Solid is.
He is a mixture of the two. Overall, he is David, but parts of his design (notably beard and all alt. colors except P:M's blue) belong to Jack.

Tero.

Smash Champion
He is a mixture of the two. Overall, he is David, but parts of his design (notably beard and all alt. colors except P:M's blue) belong to Jack.
So why does the PMBR hesitate to include Big Boss Alts?

HayabusaTaichou

Smash Apprentice
That and Nano's PED suit Samus (when that's finished) make it seem like the drought of decent Samus costumes has finally ended.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom